Daily Current Affairs 6th September 2023
A one-day conference titled ‘Green Hydrogen Pilots in India’ begins.
- A one-day conference titled ‘Green Hydrogen Pilots in India’ is scheduled to be held in the national capital New Delhi on September 05 2023. It is significant that this conference is organized by NTPC.
- The conference aims to showcase various types of green hydrogen pilots being implemented by private and public sector organizations in India.
ASI has launched an Indian Heritage app and e-permit website.
- Aiming to further enhance the learning and activity experience of visitors and customers and to bring ease of understanding and richness, Archeology Department of India (ASI) has launched the program “Adopt a Heritage 2.0” on September 04 2023 at IGNCA, Samvet Grounds in the national capital, New Delhi.
- It’s strengthen the structure of the scheme, the app and website for the scheme have also been introduced at the event. It is significant that the ASI organization has protected nearly 3696 monuments across the country and showcases India’s rich cultural heritage.
Brice Oligui Nguema sworn in as interim president of Gabon.
- In Gabon, which has been mired in various disturbances in recent times, the head of its military junta, Brice Oligui Nguema, has taken over as the country’s interim president on September 04, 2023.
- Notably, the decision comes as Gabonese military officials led by Chief of General Nguema seized power in the Central African country last week, hours after Gabon President Ali Bongo was declared the winner of a disputed election.
BITMAIN is planning to host the World Digital Mining Summit in 2023.
- The World Digital Mining Summit 2023 (WDMS 2023) is scheduled to be held on September 22 this year. It is notable that the conference is a two-day conference to be held from September 22nd to September 23rd.
- The conference will be hosted by Hong Kong’s ANTMINER, the world’s leading cryptocurrency mining manufacturing and services company. This conference is going to be held with the theme “Mining for the bull market”. It is seen as special that this conference has great expectations worldwide when Cryptocurrency is seen as the money tool that will rule the future.
The UAE becomes the first Gulf or Arab country to legalize casinos.
- The UAE Federation has taken various initiatives to develop the “Commercial Gaming” power sector in the country. According to it recently relaxations have been given in the rules for setting up gambling and casinos. Significantly, the UAE has become the first Gulf or Arab country to legalize casinos through these measures.
- Also, the General Commercial Games Regulatory Authority (GCGRA) will be created to promote such commercial games, according to a statement issued by the country’s government on September 03, 2023.
IREDA has entered into an MoU with UBI to finance green energy projects in the country.
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Bank of Baroda (BoB) and Union Bank of India (UBI) in September 2023 to strengthen and accelerate the development of green and renewable energy in India.
- It is notable that this MoU has been undertaken with the main objective of expanding the reach of energy especially in tier-2 & tier-3 cities and rural areas.
The Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh has launched a major initiative ‘Sabal’ for children with special abilities.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhwinder Singh Sugu on September 04 2023 launched a Major Initiative for Restructuring, Chief Minister Sports Skills, Aspirations and Livelihood (SABAL) in the key district of Nadan.
- It is also notable that the Chief Minister has also announced in the program that a body called ‘Rajya Chayan Aayog’ will be set up in place of the recently dissolved State Examination Commission in Hamirpur within the next two months to ensure fairness in the selection criteria of the candidates.
Various initiatives have been taken to improve the school education sector in the state of Rajasthan.
- Following the announcement that the state government will launch various e-education initiatives on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, the Rajasthan state government is going to launch a major initiative called ‘School After School’, according to Naveen Jain, Secretary of the State School Education Department.
- It is significant that this project has been undertaken with the aim of making e-education available in nearly 12,000 government secondary schools and improving their capacity.
- It has been informed that under this scheme, the department will start e-classrooms (web facility) in the schools of the state with the help of all the currently available tools related to information technology.
An innovative educational program for school and college students has been launched in Telangana.
- Shell and Smile Foundations jointly launched a major innovative education program called ‘NXplorers Junior’ on September 04 in key districts of Warangal and Khammam in the state of Telangana.
- It is reported that in the first year of this scheme, nearly 70 schools in these two districts will be included under this scheme and taking into account its development, more schools will be linked under this scheme.
Major General Ignatius Flora, MNS to take charge as Additional Director.
- Major General Ignatius Delos Flora of the Indian Army has assumed charge as the Director General of the Military Nursing Service (MNS) on September 01, 2023, according to a recent notification issued by the Indian Army.
- It is significant that during his career of 38 years of distinguished personal and military service, he held various important appointments in Armed Forces Special Medical Services Hospitals including Chief JDMNS (Trg & HS) Eastern Command, Chief Matron AICTS Pune, Brig MNS.
Rajesh appointed as Nasscom Group Chairman.
- Rajesh Nambiar, Chairman and Managing Director of Cognizant India Group, has been appointed as the Chairman of NASSCOM, the National Association of Software and Services Companies, according to a recent notification issued by the Central Government.
- Significantly, he is taking up this new role after Anand Maheshwari, the former head of Microsoft India, who was previously vice president. It is reported that he has experience in various fields and will improve the company through his continuous activities.
Mankind Pharma Appoints Tarun Kapoor as Vice President, Digital Transformation
- Mankind Pharma, India’s largest pharmaceutical and healthcare services provider, has appointed Tarun Kapoor as its new Vice President, Digital Transformation, the company said in a company announcement.
- Formerly head of technology delivery at BT Group, he will play a major role in his new role in achieving the company’s sustainability and transmission goals through his continued efforts.
Retired Lt. Gen. Dr. Rajesh appointed as Chairman of India Future Foundation.
- India Future Foundation (IFF), a non-profit think tank and foundation based in the Indian capital New Delhi, has appointed retired former Lt. Gen. Dr. Rajesh Pant as its Chairman, according to a recent announcement by the organization.
- It is notable that prior to this appointment, he held the post of National Cyber Security Coordinator in the Prime Minister’s Office, Government of India. This is the main organization that can work with the main objective of bringing the methods and its paths for the progress of the country to the masses.
Serinus Energy Appoints Vlad Ryabov as Chief Financial Officer
- Serinus Group, an international oil and related services provider, has appointed Vlad Ryabov as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO), according to the company’s latest announcement.
- It is to be noted that he has been promoted to this post since March 2023, when he held the position of Group Financial Controller of the Group. It is significant that he has already been appointed to this role with the objective of overcoming the financial problems of the company and balancing it.
Gayathri Raghuram appointed as Additional Director of Decipher Labs.
- Ms. Gayathri Raghuram has been appointed as Additional and Independent Director of Decipher Labs with effect from September 4, 2023, according to a recent notification issued by the company.
- It is reported that he will work well for the company’s excellence through this appointment.
Amit S appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to Guyana.
- Amit S Telang, a 2005-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as India’s next High Commissioner to Guyana, the Union Ministry of External Affairs said in a recent notification.
- It is notable that he has previously served as the Consul General of the Indian Embassy in Frankfurt.
Asia and India-based Cloud That has won the Microsoft Superstars Award for 2023.
- CloudThat, a cloud training and cloud consulting development solutions provider, has received the Microsoft Superstars Award for 2023 in the Asia and India category, according to a recent announcement by the company.
- It is significant that the company has bagged six awards in six consecutive years and the award is in recognition of CloudThat’s exceptional commitment to talent and development and providing exemplary training programs