Daily Current Affairs 15th September 2023
The Union Minister has launched a Portal to monitor Special Campaign 3.0.
- Union Minister of State for Personnel and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh launched a dedicated Portal (https://scdpm.nic.in) to monitor Special Campaign 3.0 on 14th September 2023.
- It is significant that the central government has announced a special campaign 3.0 from 2nd October to 31st October this year with a focus on reducing arrears in all government offices with a modern approach to Swachhata and Enrichment.
Haryana Chief Minister has launched the Portal for Mukhyamantri Shehri Awas Scheme.
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on September 13 2023 launched the Portal for Mukhyamantri Shehri Awas Scheme. The Chief Minister said that this is a visionary initiative aimed at devising a government mechanism for every economically weaker section and people in the state.
- It is also notable that it is designed to reflect the state government’s commitment to modern and efficient housing solutions and to incorporate state-of-the-art technologies in all construction processes.
Visakhapatnam Port Authority has got the third position in cargo transportation of the country.
- In a recent review conducted by the Union Ministry of Shipping and Waterways, Ports, the Visakhapatnam Port Authority(VPA) has been ranked third in the country’s cargo transport rankings, according to a recent Union government order.
- The list has been compiled by the Union Ministry of Shipping and Waterways, Ports recently after conducting a survey on the performance of ports from April to July 2023.
The Union Cabinet has approved Rs 9589 crore worth of foreign investment in Suven Pharmaceuticals.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Mr. Modi on September 13, 2023 approved the proposal of foreign investment worth nearly Rs.9589 crore in Suven Pharmaceuticals in Cyprus region.
- The Central government has stated that the scheme has been evaluated by CCI, SEBI, RBI and other business related institutions and the approval has been given after examining the proposal of the concerned departments, RBI and subject to compliance of all applicable rules and regulations in this regard.
DIVYA KALAMELA 2023 is scheduled to be held on September 15.
- The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) has organized ‘Divya Kala Mela 2023’ with the aim of showcasing the products and craftsmanship of Divyang artisan/entrepreneurs across India.
- The event is scheduled to be held from September 15 to September 24 in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. Also, the show promises to provide an exhilarating experience to the visitors as vibrant products from various parts of the country including Jammu and Kashmir, North Eastern states, handicrafts, embroidery work, handlooms and packaged food will be seen together.
Union Minister Shri Pradhan has launched Skill India Digital Portal.
- To ensure that every Indian has easy access to entrepreneurship support, quality skill development and relevant opportunities, Union Education and Skill Development Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan on September 13 launched a comprehensive digital platform called Skill India Digital (SID).
- The platform is designed to expand and improve the country’s employment, skills, education and entrepreneurship landscape, industry-specific skill courses and entrepreneurship support, the Union Minister said.
Tharman Shanmugaratnam takes charge as the President of Singapore.
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam, a prominent Singaporean-born economist of Indian origin, has been elected as the country’s president days after being overwhelmingly elected as the head of state. It is also reported that he will take charge as the Ninth President of the country on September 14, 2023.
- The 66-year-old was elected president in the recent elections. It is notable that he has won almost 70.4 percent of the 2.48 million votes cast by local voters in the country. It is seen as special that Singapore’s overwhelmingly Chinese community has supported him.
China has become the first country to appoint an ambassador to the new country of Afghanistan under Taliban rule.
- It has appointed Zhao Sheng as its official diplomatic envoy to the country in a ceremony held in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan. With this, China became the first country to formally and officially announce a new ambassador to Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover.
- China’s foreign ministry said in a statement that it was a “Regular Rotation” of the Chinese ambassador to Afghanistan after the event recently became controversial. It is significant that no foreign government has yet officially recognized the Taliban.
The fourth G20 Global Cooperation Summit on Financial Inclusion begins in Mumbai.
- The fourth G20 Global Cooperation Summit on Financial Inclusion will begin on 14 September 2023 in Mumbai, the capital of the state of Maharashtra.
- The meeting is planned to be held for 3 days. It is notable that the conference is planned to hold discussions on the ongoing work of the financial inclusion agenda under the leadership of G20 India in the areas of SME finance and digital financial inclusion.
The Governor of Nagaland has launched a major initiative, Ayushman Bhav, in Kohima.
- The Governor of Nagaland state La Ganesan has launched the country’s flagship promotion campaign on 13th September 2023 called Ayushman Bhav.
- The initiative has been launched at the Raj Bhavan in the state capital Kohima. It is a revolutionary initiative aimed at providing high-quality medical and healthcare facilities to every citizen of the country.
The State GST Amendment Bill has been passed in the Gujarat State Assembly.
- The Gujarat Goods and Services Tax Amendment Bill was unanimously passed in the state assembly on September 13, 2023. This bill has been introduced by the state finance minister Kanubhai Desai.
- The finance minister said that this amendment has been made with the aim of regulating online gaming and preventing the ill effects of it on the youth. It said that GST would be levied at 28 percent on claims made for horse racing, lottery and casinos and that an Appellate Authority would be set up at the state level to deal with appeals in this regard.
The Prime Minister has launched railway sector projects worth nearly six thousand crore rupees in the state of Chhattisgarh.
- Indian Prime Minister Modi will dedicate to the nation on September 14, 2023, various major railway sector projects worth nearly Rs.6,000 crore at Raigarh in Chhattisgarh to inspire the Prime Minister’s commitment to the nation in improving connectivity across the country.
- Among these projects, the 3rd rail line between Chamba to Jamka, Chhattisgarh East Rail Project Phase-I, the 3rd rail line from Pendra Road to Paddur and the projects to connect the Thalipalli coal mine to NTPC Laura super thermal power station are seen as important.
The Maharashtra Governor is set to inaugurate the 4th edition of the World Trade Fair in 2023.
- Maharashtra State Governor Ramesh Bais has inaugurated the 4th edition of World Trade Fair 2023 for global business linkages for MSMEs.
- The expo is scheduled to take place from October 3 to October 4 at Cuffe Parade in Mumbai. It is also notable that the All India Industry Association (AIAI) and World Trade Center Mumbai have jointly organized this event with an aim to highlight technology as a key driver of tourism.
Science and Technology
The world’s first dog-fox hybrid “Dogxim” has been discovered.
- The world’s first dog-fox hybrid, dubbed “Dogxim“, has recently been discovered in Brazil.
- A study on this was published in September 2023, and according to the notification, Dogxim was an over-sized creature with large, thick, pointed ears, wire fur and a long, thin muzzle, and was unlikely to cause any harm to the general public.
International day of democracy 2023
- The United Nations General Assembly has announced that every year September 15th is declared as the International Day of Democracy with the aim of promoting the principles of universal democracy to all countries and establishing its superiority worldwide.
- Empowering the next generation is the theme for this year. It is significant that this day is based on the Declaration for Universal Democracy adopted by the Inter-Parliamentary Union on 15 September 1997.
India Engineer’s Day 2023
- The birthdate of Dr. Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, who is known as India’s first civil engineer, is observed as National Engineers Day across the country.
- Engineering for a Sustainable Future is the theme for this year. The birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna awardee Dr. M Visvesvaraya in 1955 was declared as Engineers Day in 1968 by the Government of India and it is significant that apart from India, Engineers Day is also celebrated on the same day in Sri Lanka and Tanzania.