Daily Current Affairs 12th September 2023
Launch of the Global Biofuel Alliance.
- Indian Prime Minister Modi launched the Global Biofuels Alliance at the G20 Leaders Summit in the national capital New Delhi on September 9, 2023.
- The Global Biofuels Alliance aims to be an important part of our quest towards sustainability and clean and reliable energy and soon the alliance will create environment-friendly global sustainability initiatives, the Prime Minister of India said at the conference and the Alliance is unique in that it is a major India-led initiative to build a coalition of governments, international organizations and industry to facilitate the adoption of biofuels.
PFC has entered into an MoU with PFC for two financial years of development.
- PFC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the REC organization under the DPE Performance Evaluation Initiative – Development of Central Public Enterprises for the financial years 2023-24 and 2024-25.
- These agreements were signed in the presence of Vivek Kumar Devangan, Chairman (CMD) of REC. According to this in the financial year 2023-24 nearly Rs. 469.35 billion and in FY 2024-25 around Rs. 563.22 billion worth of operations, REC has entered into this agreement with the objective of generating corporate revenue. It is significant that REC belongs to the Maharatna division. Both PFC and REC are under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
ONDC has entered into an MoU with the Kerala Transport Department.
- The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Department of Transport, Government of Kerala as a major initiative of the Department of Industry and Domestic Trade and Economic Development (DPIIT), Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
- The MoU was signed in the presence of the Transport Minister on behalf of Kerala Government and Joshi (CBO) on behalf of ONDC. The collaboration is said to be an expansion of the one launched with KOMN in 2019.
- It is significant that the agreement is aimed at creating an integrated and accessible mobility ecosystem in the state without any barriers.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the NextG Alliance and the Bharat 6G Alliance to explore opportunities for web collaboration.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been entered into between NextG Organization and Bharat 6G Organization to explore and promote all-enterprise collaboration opportunities in 6G wireless technologies in India and its dependent regions and rest of the world.
- It is significant that this MoU was signed in the presence of ATIS NextG Alliance President and CEO Susan Miller and Bharat 6G Alliance President NG Subramaniam. It is aimed at aligning research and development priorities that support the country’s common 6G vision and building secure and reliable telecommunications and supply chains.
World’s tallest fighter jet base to be set up in Ladakh
- The Border Roads Organization (BRO) said in a statement issued on September 10 that the world’s highest combat airfield or base is to be set up at Nyoma in India’s Union Territory of Ladakh.
- Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh is scheduled to lay the foundation stone for this important and historic development project on September 12 and the airport, which will be built at a cost of around ₹218 crore, is set up with the aim of greatly improving aviation infrastructure in Ladakh, BRO said.
Various development MoUs have been signed between the Governments of India and Saudi Arabia to explore research in industries.
- In a recent notification issued by the central government, more than twenty MoUs have been signed between India and Saudi Arabia to explore the development of agriculture, education, information technology, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals and human resource sectors.
- It is significant that the Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between private companies of the two countries including HP Company, Serum India Company, VFS Global and ICICI Bank.
Olympic champion Mudas has been chosen as Qatar’s Tourism Brand Ambassador.
- The country has mentioned in its latest announcement that the world and Olympic champion Mutaz Barshim has been selected as the New advertising or Brand ambassador on behalf of the country’s tourism sector.
- Notably, he recently became the only high jumper to win five World Series Championship medals. He will be the new face of Qatar Tourism’s campaigns from September 2023 to September 2024, the announcement said.
The US and Vietnam have signed a memorandum of understanding to expand the country’s industry.
- The United States and Vietnam have recently entered into a memorandum of understanding on semiconductor supply chains to expand and improve the capacity of the semiconductor ecosystem in regional areas based in the Hanoi region to support the two countries, and particularly the U.S. industry.
- In a White House statement released on September 11, the MoU aims to build and improve Vietnam’s strong semiconductor supply chains.
The documentary “Touch Me Not” was released at the 23rd Annual Conference of the European Society of Criminology.
- A documentary produced by the Jindal Institute of Behavioral Sciences, which examines the widespread problem of indecent touching in public places in India and includes solutions, has been released at the 23rd annual conference of the European Society of Criminology.
- It is notable that the documentary was released by Professor Stephan Parmentier, Secretary General of the International Criminology Association in Florence, Italy at the three-day conference. The 30-minute documentary explores the widespread problem of sexually inappropriate touching in public spaces across India.
Mahatma Gandhi statue unveiled in Assam.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma on September 11 unveiled a statue of honorable Mahatma Gandhi at the state new assembly complex in Assam’s main city Guwahati.
- The five-day autumn session of the Assam State Legislative Assembly began on September 11. It is also significant that this is the first time that the meeting will be held in the newly constructed Assam Assembly building in Guwahati.
NAILEA was appointed as REVLON’s global Brand Ambassador.
- Globally renowned consumer products services provider Revlon has announced in its latest announcement that it has appointed Nylia Devora as its Global Brand Ambassador.
- It has been mentioned that he has worked as the face of Revlon until 2024.
Appointment of Jingyuan as director of Lithium Universe.
- In its latest announcement, it has appointed Dr Jingyuan Liu, a technologist, as the sole or Independent managing director of Australia-based Lithium Universe (LU7), a lithium exploration company.
- It is notable that before this appointment, he worked as the General Manager of the Company’s Management and Technology Division at Galaxy Resources. It is reported that he has more than 30 years of technical experience and will strive for organizational excellence through his consistent activities.
Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Awards 2022 Selection List Released
- The list of Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar Awards, the country’s best annual science award for nearly two years, was released on September 11, 2023.
- The announcement mentioned that 12 scientists will receive the awards in seven categories this year. It is notable that these awards are presented in seven scientific disciplines: Biology, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Medicine, and Earth Sciences. It is considered special that these awards are presented annually in the name of Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar, the first Director of CSIR.
India has won the silver medal in the 2023 Archery World Cup.
- Archery World Cup 2023 finals Indian archer Prathamesh Jawkar retained his Silver Medal after a tough fight.
- It is significant that India’s World No. 14 Jawkar retained the gold medal by competing against Denmark’s Mathias Fullerton, who is ranked No. 10.
National Forest Martyrs Day 2023
- National Forest Martyrs Day is observed on 11th September every year to honor and respect those who sacrificed their lives to protect all the forests and its wildlife in the country.
- It is also commonly observed as the anniversary of the 1730 Khejarli Massacre. It is significant because in this massacre, nearly 363 Bishnoi villagers were killed while protecting the trees. This day is observed with the general concept of Honoring Sacrifice.