Daily Current Affairs 17th September 2023
PM Modi to launch PM Vishwakarma Scheme
- Indian Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to launch the “PM Vishwakarma Scheme” on the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti on September 17, 2023 at the India International Convention and Exhibition Center complex in the national capital, New Delhi.
- The scheme aims to not only financially support artisans in urban and rural areas across the country, but also to keep alive the culture, age-old tradition and variety of heritage, and to make progress through arts and crafts including local products.
Vande Bharat Sleeper System Train Introduction Project.
- The Indian Railways will soon introduce the first version of Vande Bharat Bed System (Sleeper) trains.
- According to a recent notification issued by the Central Railway Department, the Vande Bharat train of this type will be manufactured in the current financial year and rolled out in March 2024. It will be a 12-coach train of Vande Metro and will be used for short distance travel, the notification said.
A Sambhota fair and Exhibition are organized.
- The Embassy of India in Nepal along with Nepal Buddhist Federation and India-Nepal Foundation have jointly organized a two-day exhibition and conference on “Sambhota or Bodhi Script” at the Nepal Arts Forum in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
- It is notable that the “Sambhota script” was mainly developed by Acharya Sambhota after the sixth century in Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet and India to transmit the sermons of the Great Buddha.
Infosys is the only Indian company in the top 100 list of world’s best companies.
- Infosys has recently secured the status of being the only Indian company to feature in the World’s Top 100 Companies for 2023 ranking jointly published by online data platform Statista and renowned Time magazine.
- It is notable that India’s IT company Infosys is ranked 64th with a score of almost 88.38 out of 100 in this ranking list. In this list, Apple, Microsoft and Alphabet lead the rankings and are seen as special.
CSIR-NIScPR is planning to organize a conference on ‘Scientific Knowledge Convention Event’.
- CSIR-NIScPR has organized a conference titled ‘Scientific Knowledge Convention Event” on 15th September 2023 in the national capital New Delhi.
- Dr. Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-NIScPR, organized the event. It is notable that the conference is organized under the flagship initiative of CSIR organization One Week One Lab. The initiative is running on the theme that “Research initiatives always create a social impact”.
Madhya Pradesh government has decided to provide LPG cylinders at Rs.450.
- In the state of Madhya Pradesh, under the Pradhanmantri Ujjawala scheme and Mukhyamantri Laadli Behna Yojana, the state government has announced that all women registered in the state will get “household gas cylinders” worth Rs 450.
- Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has launched the registration process for this flagship program on September 15, 2023 and the state government and other concerned agencies and departments will re-deposit this additional amount in the bank account of the eligible women of the state and they will start getting a household cylinder for almost just 450 rupees per month, the chief minister said.
The Prime Minister of India has launched various development projects worth around ₹ 3,055 crore in Chhattisgarh.
- According to a recent official statement issued by SECL, Prime Minister Modi dedicated Phase-I of South East Coal Company (SECL) Eastern Railway Project, constructed at a cost of ₹ 3,055 crore at Raigarh in Chhattisgarh, to the nation on September 15.
- It is notable that this 124 km stretch between Dharamjaygarh and Kharsia is aimed at transporting all materials including coal and other raw materials from SECL’s coal mines and Mand-Raigat coal mines spread across the district around Raigarh region to various end-use projects including power generation projects.
Appointment of Rahul Navin as Director-in-Charge of ED.
- Rahul Navin, the country’s top IRS officer, has been appointed as the Director-in-Charge of the Enforcement Directorate (ED), according to a recent notification issued by the central government.
- The post was appointed on September 15, 2023, following the expiry of the tenure of Sanjay Kumar Mishra, the current incumbent, the notification said. It is reported that he will remain in charge until further orders.
The “Plasma Arc” photo has won the “Best Astronomy Photographer” award for 2023.
- A photograph of a giant “Plasma Arc” next to the Andromeda galaxy, the closest “Massive Spiral-like System” to our Milky Way, has won the September 2023 “Best Astronomy Photographer of the Year” award for the Amateur Astronomers Group.
- Titled “Andromeda, the Unexpected”, the photo depicts a giant plasma arc next to the Andromeda plume. It is notable that the photograph was taken by Yann Sainty, Marcel Drechsler and Xavier Strottner.
- Andromeda – The closest “Spiral Galaxy” to our Milky Way.
Indian Bank has launched an initiative called ‘IB SAATHI’.
- Central Public Sector Institution Indian Bank on September 16 2023 announced the country’s flagship initiative ‘IB SAATHI’ to provide an integrated ecosystem to all stakeholders in the financial sector through business and economists.
- It is significant that this initiative has been initiated by the Chief Executive Officer of the bank, SL Jain. (IB-Sustainable Access and Aligning Technology for Holistic Inclusion (SAATHI)) – It aims to provide enhanced user experience to customers by providing basic services and value-added offerings.
World Patient Safety Day 2023
- Every year September 17th is observed as “World Patient Safety Day” to raise awareness of global patient safety, reduce harm to patients in hospitals and increase global understanding of their safety.
- It is notable that this day has been established by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2019. “Engaging patients for patient safety” is the theme for this year.