Daily Current Affairs 14th September 2023
India’s first C-295 MW transport aircraft launched.
- The country’s first C-295 MW transport aircraft was formally handed over in Seville, Spain in the presence of the Chief of the Indian Air Force, Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhary. It is reported that this aircraft will be delivered to India by a giant Airbus aircraft.
- India has formalized the purchase of 56 Airbus C-295 aircraft for the Indian Air Force to replace AVRO and as part of the deal, Airbus is ready to deliver the first 16 aircraft to Seville. Notably, all C-295 aircraft will be equipped with an indigenous “Electronic Warfare Suite” in the transport configuration.
Prime Minister Modi is going to lay the foundation stone for various development projects worth Rs 50,700 crore in Madhya Pradesh.
- Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to visit Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh on September 14 to lay the foundation stone for various development projects worth nearly 50,700 crore rupees in the state of Madhya Pradesh.
- Accordingly, Prime Minister Modi is going to dedicate to the country important railway sector projects worth about 6 thousand 350 crores in the state of Chhattisgarh. The central government announced that these projects include nearly ten new industrial projects across the state, including a petrochemical complex at the Pina Refinery of Bharat Petroleum Corporation, and will be a stepping stone for economic growth and job creation.
The Union Ministry of Labor and Employment has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with various private employment portals.
- The Ministry of Labor and Employment has on September 12 entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India’s leading private placement portals, companies, employers and skill providers to integrate with the National Career Service (NCS) website of the Ministry of Labor and Employment to promote job opportunities and related services to youth and job seekers in the country.
- It is to be noted that this MoU has been entered into with the aim of ensuring that youths and job seekers registered on the NCS Portal can apply for such vacancies without any hindrance.
The Union Minister has launched 90 – border infrastructure projects.
- Union Defense Minister Rajnath Singh is laying the foundation stones for various developmental projects aimed at providing all-weather connectivity to the strategic Tawang area of Arunachal Pradesh state and improving the roads from the Nechipu tunnel to a major military airport at Neoma in eastern Ladakh.
- Notably, these projects, launched on September 12, include 90 border infrastructure developments across 11 states and union territories.
- It is significant that these plans are designed to improve connectivity for rapid movement of troops and equipment across the Line of Actual Control.
MoU signed between Bokaro plant and NBCC India.
- An MoU has been entered into with Bokaro Steel Plant (BSL) and Jharkhand Group of Mines to provide project management services for NBCC city area and undertake repair and maintenance services of city infrastructure.
- It is significant that the MoU was signed in the presence of Rourkela Plant Director Atanu Bhowmick.
President of India Ayushman Bhav campaign is set to launch.
- President of India Draupadi Murmu is scheduled to launch a major promotion campaign, Ayushman Bhav, in the national capital New Delhi on September 13.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Mandavia mentioned that this initiative is a comprehensive health initiative of a nationwide scale. It is notable that health services are designed to reach every village and town in the country.
The fourth G20 Sustainable Finance Working Group meeting begins in Varanasi.
- The 4th G20 Sustainable Finance Working Group meeting is scheduled to begin on September 14 in Varanasi, the important city of Uttar Pradesh state, to finalize the G20 Sustainable Finance Report for 2023.
- SFWG – The meeting mainly focused on outlining three priority themes.
- Mechanisms for climate finance
- Process financing for sustainable development goals
- To improve the capacity of the ecosystem to finance towards sustainable development of the country.
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann laid the foundation stone for Saragarhi Memorial Complex in Ferozepur.
- On September 12, tributes were paid to the soldiers who lost their lives in the battle of Saragarhi in Amritsar, Ferozepur and other parts of Punjab. Also at the memorial, Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann laid the foundation stone for a Saragarhi memorial at Ferozepur and announced that the project would be completed within the next six months.
- It is notable that almost 126 years ago, on September 12, 1897, 21 brave soldiers of the 36th Sikh Infantry Regiment of the British-Indian Army died a heroic death fighting against around 10,000 Afghani tribesmen. The 36th Sikh Regiment is currently known as the 4th Sikh Regiment of the Indian Army.
Vice President Dhankhar to inaugurate International Conference on Dam Safety in Jaipur.
- According to a recent statement issued by the Central Government, Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar will inaugurate the International Conference on Dam Safety at Jaipur in the state of Rajasthan on September 14, 2023.
- The conference aims to provide a platform for experts from various countries to gather and discuss cutting-edge topics related to dam safety and management.
- India has almost more than six thousand dams and accordingly it ranks third globally in terms of large dams and it is significant that approximately 80 percent of these dams are more than 25 years old.
A plan to set up ‘Unity Campus’ in Guwahati at a cost of Rs.226 crores.
- With the aim of establishing and promoting national integration and taking the theme of ‘Make in India’ forward, it has been mentioned in the latest order issued by the state government that it has been planned to set up ‘Unity Mall’ (Ekta Mall) which means unity custom in Assam’s main city Guwahati at a cost of Rs.200 crore.
- It has announced that the project will be an important part of promoting the concept of ‘One District One Product’ which was introduced in the initial phase of this year.
It has launched a scheme called ‘Nandini Krishak Samriddhi Yojana’ to increase milk production.
- Uttar Pradesh Government has recently launched a scheme called Nandini Krishak Samriddhi Yojana under Nand Baba Mission to improve the breed of cattle and thereby increase milk production in the state.
- The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of State, Yogi Adityanath, and the main objective of the scheme is to improve the breed of cows to increase the income of dairy farmers and increase milk production.
Subhash Chandra Jose has been appointed as the New Managing Director of the EBRD.
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in its latest announcement has appointed Subhash Chandra Jose as its New Managing Director for Information Technology.
- He assumed this responsibility on September 12, it is mentioned in the notification. He will also be responsible for all aspects of the Bank’s Information Technology (IT) operations and modern digital initiatives.
Mita Vashisth was appointed as Chairman of Haryana Film and Entertainment Policy Organisation.
- The State Government has appointed renowned film actress Mita Vashisth as the Chairperson of the Governing Body constituted for the implementation and supervision of the Haryana State Film and Entertainment Policy Organisation.
- Notably, this appointment comes after the demise of previous actor Satish Kaushik. The state government has announced that he is expected to improve the company with his extensive experience.
Gangadharan appointed as Vice-Chairman of Nasscom.
- Sindhu Gangadharan has been appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the National Corporation for Software and Services Corporation (NASCOM), according to a recent notification issued by the corporation.
- It is to be noted that prior to this appointment he served as Managing Director and Senior Vice President of SAP Labs India. In his new role, he is expected to leverage his experience in technology and corporate leadership to help shape TechAde India, the announcement said.
Shafali Verma has been appointed as the advertising ambassador of CEAT .
- India’s leading tire manufacturer CEAT recently announced legendary Indian cricketer Shafali Verma as its brand ambassador in a major move to strengthen its association with cricket.
- Notably, at the age of 15, Shafali made history as the youngest cricketer to represent India. It is significant that through this appointment she will improve for the betterment of the organization.
Katrina Kaif appointed as Etihad Airways’ advertising ambassador.
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Bollywood star Katrina Kaif as its new brand ambassador, the company said in an announcement in September 2023.
- With this appointment, he will improve the company according to his major initiatives.
Hindi Diwas (or) Hindi Day
- National Hindi Diwas or National Hindi Day is observed on 14th September every year to commemorate the constitutional adoption of Hindi as one of India’s official languages.
- It is significant that on 14th September 1949 Hindi was accepted as the official language of the country under the Constitution of the country. The day recognizes the role of Hindi in preserving the country’s cultural heritage and promoting national unity.