Daily Current Affairs 5th September 2023
The second edition of the Naval Commanders’ Conference for 2023 is set to begin in New Delhi.
- The second edition of the Naval Commanders Conference 2023 will commence on 04th September 2023 in the national capital, New Delhi. It is significant that this conference is a biennial event.
- The Mandan is aimed at reviewing the major operational, logistical, material, training and administrative activities undertaken by the senior leadership of all the Indian Navy’s constituent units in the last six months.
The central government has set up an 8-member high-level commission to examine the practice of “One country, One election”.
- It is notable that the central government has set up an eight-member high-level committee to examine the practice of “One Country, One Election”, and former president Ram Nath Kovind has been appointed as the chairman of the committee.
- Also, it has been mentioned in the notification issued by the government that NK Singh, the former chairman of the 15th Finance Commission, and Union Law and Justice Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal will attend the meetings of this committee as a special invitee.
- It is seen as significant that elections to the People’s Assembly and State Assemblies were held almost simultaneously in India almost from 1951-52 to 1967.
Launched India’s first AI-powered anti-drone system
- A robotics company based in Hyderabad, the capital of Telangana, has recently launched a state-of-the-art autonomous anti-drone system powered by artificial intelligence.
- The system is said to be designed to protect not only major installations such as oil rig fields, nuclear power plants and the like, but also a large area covering an entire city from multiple drones of any kind. It is significant that this is the first time such a system has been created in India.
The Union Government has initiated various capacity building initiatives to improve the Ministries, Civil Services.
- The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), in collaboration with the Skill Development Commission (CBC), have designed and launched the Annual Skill Development Program (ACBP) with the objective of future-proofing the government officials and improving the efficiency of public service delivery.
- All these are part of the Karmayogi scheme, an official notification issued by the central government has said. The notification states that the scheme is designed to empower government employees to modernize their thinking.
President Murmu inaugurated the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in New Delhi.
- President of India Draupadi Murmu inaugurated a 12 feet tall statue of Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi at Gandhi Road near Rajghat in the national capital New Delhi on September 04 2023.
- Gandhi Vatika is also designed in this area. It is significant that many figures of Mahatma Gandhi and his sayings and values are depicted in it.
The Prime Minister of Nepal has launched an initiative called ‘Hello Sarkar’.
- Nepal’s Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal on September 03, 2023 launched a 24-hour initiative called ‘Hello Government’ or ‘Hello Sarkar’ in three Shifts.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal has announced that this initiative has been launched with the main objective of providing immediate services to the people from the suffering elements and providing immediate solutions to the people through the NCell network.
2023 and plans to host the 43rd ASEAN Summit in Jakarta.
- The 43rd Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summit for the year 2023 is scheduled to be held on September 5 in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia. The conference is a two-day conference to be held from September 5 to September 7.
- It is significant that the conference is being organized with the aim of discussing how this Summit should deal with the recent escalation of tensions in the South China Sea, after China released a new map of large areas disputed by some ASEAN members.
The Union Minister has introduced a 3-year partnership Plan.
- The Union Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has launched a 3-year partnership agreement titled “Entrepreneurship: Developing a Generation of Educators and Entrepreneurs” with the Ministry of Education, Department of Entrepreneurship and Skill Development and META on September 04 2023 in the national capital, New Delhi.
- It is significant that META and AICTE, NIESBUD and CBSE have jointly designed the scheme.
The ‘India Virtual Marathon’ with the theme of water conservation begins in Chennai.
- Indian Pipes Association (IPA) organized a virtual marathon called Neerathan with the main objective of spreading awareness among the general public about ways to save water resources in the country and how to use it properly, on September 03 2023 in Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu.
- There they have been briefed on ways to conserve water. It is significant that this virtual marathon started from Alcott Memorial in Chennai and ended at MRC Nagar.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been entered into between Pondicherry University and SAS to enhance academic collaboration.
- Pondicherry University has entered into an MoU with Sri Aurobindo Society Group (SAS) on September 03, 2023 to promote cooperation in training, education and various fields.
- It is notable that this Memorandum of Understanding has been undertaken with the objective of conducting and promoting a series of discussions, workshops, seminars, sports events and discussion groups.
R Madhavan appointed as new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
- Popular actor R Madhavan, who recently won widespread acclaim for his performance in the film “Rocketry“, has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Pune, Maharashtra, an official notification issued by the Government of India stated.
- It is significant that Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur has issued an important announcement regarding this appointment.
VS Hariharan appointed as CEO of Reddington Group.
- The Redington Group, a leading global distributor of technology products and services, has announced the appointment of VS Hariharan as Group CEO in a recent announcement.
- With 25+ years of experience in marketing, sales and general management, he is said to strive for organizational excellence through various initiatives.
17-year-old Deshmukh has won the title of “Women’s Rapid” champion at the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- India’s 17-year-old chess player Divya Deshmukh has won the Rapid Champion title in the women’s category of the Tata Steel Chess Series held at Bhasha Bhavan, National Library of India in Kolkata, West Bengal on September 02.
- It is significant that he has maintained his game in this game by showing his consistent performance.
India’s Simran -Ritika have won the Lagos International Challenge title.
- Ritika Thaker and Simran Singhi from Maharashtra won the women’s doubles match at the Lagos International Classics Badminton Series held in Nigeria on the night of September 02, 2023 to clinch the series Challenge title with a “walkover” win.
- It is Significant that this sports series is organized under the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
International Charity Day 2023
- International Charity Day is observed every year on 05th September to commemorate the death anniversary of 1979 Nobel Peace Prize laureate Mother Teresa.
- The day is observed with the main objective of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 with the help of all public institutions worldwide. The theme for this year is Global Solidarity to Eradicate Poverty.
Teacher’s Day 2023
- Teachers’ Day is celebrated in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first Vice President Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan on 5th September.
- The tradition of celebrating this day since 1962 on 5th September has been significant for eighty years. It is celebrated to celebrate the role teachers play in nation building by guiding and educating the brightest minds of our country.