Daily Current Affairs 6th June 2023
The Center has set up a Commission of Inquiry to probe the “incidents of violence” in Manipur.
- The central government has set up a commission of inquiry headed by former Guwahati High Court Chief Justice Ajay Lamba to inquire into the recent incidents of violence in Manipur.
- The central government said the commission will be run by 3 members and will look into the “causes and impact” of violence and riots targeting people belonging to various communities.
India and Maldives signed 10 agreements to implement 11 atoll based development plans (HICDP).
- India and Maldives signed 10 MoUs to promote various cooperative collaborations, implement 11 atolls Independent Development Plans (HICDP) and jointly develop the country’s economy.
- The Minister said these agreements will be a major catalyst for the immediate implementation of water and sanitation initiatives in 34 islands, development of 4,000 housing blocks and development plans for roads and rehabilitation.
NIRF 2023 Rank has been released.
- The Union Ministry of Education has released the National Institutions Framework Ranking (NIRF) for 2023 on June 5.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is recognized as the best institute under the overall category. The Indian Institute of Research (IISC), Bengaluru was ranked second and IIT Delhi third.
Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari has launched four projects worth Rs 1450 crore in Assam.
- Union Road Transport Minister Mr. Nitin Gadkari has laid foundation stone for 4 major projects including 4-laning between Daboka-Parakhuwa,Nagaon Bypass and 4-laning between Teliagaon-Rangagara, Mangaldai Bypass in Assam.
- He said that these 4 projects worth 1450 crores will stimulate the economic growth of Assam and create new employment opportunities among the people of Assam.
India ranks 4th in the list of most polluted countries
- According to Oxford University’s June 2023 data, Nepal tops the list of most polluted countries in the world. India has been ranked 4th in the list of “Worst Polluted Countries” in the world.
- The report said residents in South Asia breathe in an average of “99.73 micrograms per cubic meter” of particulate matter per day. It is remarkable that it is “20 times more” than the usual amount.
Plan to build India’s “First net Zero Carbon village” in Bhiwandi.
- Union Minister of State Kapil Patil has announced that India’s “First net Zero Carbon Village” is being developed in Bhiwandi taluk in Maharashtra’s Thane district.
- Through this, 121 tribal villages are being developed as model villages of this project, he said. It is noteworthy that before this a school village in the state of Jammu and Kashmir had emerged as the first net zero carbon panchayat.
India’s leading sprinter has won two gold medals in the Flanders Cup 2023 athletics event.
- India’s leading sprinter “Amlan Borgohain” has won one gold medal each in men’s 100m and 200m races at the “Flanders Cup 2023” athletics event globally known as the “International Antwerp Athletics Gala,” held at Merkshem, Belgium in June 2023.
- Bourgoin crossed the line in 10.70 seconds, becoming the fastest player of the event. He clocked a national record of 10.25 seconds in the 100m and 20.96 seconds in the 200m, setting a record over the line ahead of Hofman’s 21.42.
Three medals for India at the “U-20 Asian Athletics Championships 2023”.
- India won a total of three medals, including two gold, at the Under-20 “Asian Athletics Championships” held at Yecheon, South Korea on June 4, 2023.
- “Bharatpreet Singh” in men’s discus and “Rezoana Mallick Heena” in women’s 400m race won gold medals in this event. Notable that, “Antima Pal” won India’s third bronze medal in the women’s 5,000m race with a time of 17 minutes 17.11 seconds.
An Se Young wins her “4th Women’s Singles Super Series title” at Thailand Open.
- South Korea’s world No. 2 An Se-young beat China’s He Bingjiao 21-10, 21-19 to win this year’s “Women’s Singles Super Series title” at the Thailand Open.
- It is notable here that this is the “4th win” in the Women’s Singles Super Series series and the 7th consecutive final.
Indian Wrestler “Manisha” has won Gold in UWW Ranking Series 2023.
- Indian grapplers wrapped up the competition with three medals at the “2023 UWW Ranking Series” in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan on June 3.
- Reetika finished second place with her best performance and Sarita Mor bagged the bronze medal. Meanwhile, India’s tally in the series ended with 4 medals including 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze.
Second gold medal for India at ISSF Junior World Cup 2023.
- Indian shooters “Abinav Shah and Gautami Bhanot” won India’s 2nd gold in the ISSF World Cup Junior 10m Air Mixed Team Final at Suhl, Germany.
- In this match held on June 4, 2023, the Indian team defeated the French pair ” Oceanne Mueller and Romain Aufrere” by 17-7. India has so far bagged two gold medals and one silver and one bronze in this year’s ISSF World Cup.
Padma Shri Sulochana Latkar passed away due to ill health.
- Marathi and Hindi film actress “Sulochana Ladkar”, recognized as the legendary and revered mother of Bollywood in the 1960s and 70s, passed away at the age of 94 at a Mumbai hospital on June 4 after “prolonged illness”.
- Sulochana received the Padma Shri in 1999 and the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award in 2004. The Government of Maharashtra has awarded him the state’s highest award “Maharashtra Bhushan Award” in recognition of his talent.
World Environment Day 2023
- World Environment Day is celebrated on 5th June every year to create awareness among people about environment and to create solution about protecting environment.
- The theme of this year’s World Environment Day is “Beat Plastic Pollution” to focus on solutions to plastic pollution and to take that initiative.