Daily Current Affairs 30th April 2023
Indian Navy’s 3rd indigenously built ship – Imphal has successfully completed trial runs
- Imphal – The Indian Navy’s third indigenously produced and stealthy radar-evading 15B class ship is slated to become operational function later this year.
- It was built by Mazagan Dock Limited (MDL).
- It has added credit to the efforts of ‘Aatma Nirbar Bharat’ and Make India programme.
The National Gallery of Modern Arts has organized an Art exhibition titled ‘Jana Shakti – A Collective Power’
- Jana Shakti – A Collective Power is an exhibition celebrating the 100th Episode of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s popular radio program “Mann Ki Baat” on All India Radio (AIR).
- Incorporating the technologies into this Jana Shakti exhibition will encourage visitors to engage with the artworks and themes and will provide an innovative approach to the exhibition.
- The exhibition will be on display till 30th May 2023 at “National Gallery of Modern Art” in New Delhi.
UAE launches world’s first robotic check-in assistant
- The world’s first robotics-based airline has unveiled its latest innovation, “Sara”, the world’s first robotic check-in assistant.
- “Sara” will match customers’ faces with scanned passports, check in passengers and guide them to the baggage drop area.
STATE & UNION TERITTORY
Millet Experience Center has been launched in New Delhi
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar along with NAFED Managing Director Shri Rajbir Singh inaugurated the center at Delhi Haat in New Delhi.
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar said that the aim of the center is to create awareness about millet and encourage its adoption among the public.
10 percent of the total compensation for crop damage will be subsidized to farmers – Punjab Chief Minister Mann Announcement:
- Punjab Chief Minister Mann has announced that 10 percent of the total compensation for “crop damage” due to natural calamities will now be given as subsidy to agricultural laborers in the state.
- May 1 – On the occasion of “Labours Day”, the Punjab Chief Minister announced that the decision would be a gift to the farmers and labours who produce crops.
“First animal cremator” introduced in Madhya Pradesh
- The plant has been set up at a cost of Rs 4 crore in Adampur Sawni area of Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal.
- The plant will run on liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and compressed natural gas (CNG), by the Bhopal administration statement.
Sindan Snow Festival-2023
- Sindhan Snow Festival-2023 is scheduled to be held on 30th April at Kishtwar Sindhan Maidan in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The festival is celebrated in association with the Kishtwar District Administration and the Jammu & Kashmir Academy of Arts, Culture and Languages (JKAACL) and the Indian Army.
- Sindan Top is the highest mountain pass connecting Kishtwar district in Jammu division and Anantnag district in Kashmir division, at an elevation of 12,414 feet above sea level.
Siddhartha Mohanty appointed as new Chairman of LIC
- Siddhartha Mohanty replaces M R Kumar who completes his tenure on March 13, 2023.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has appointed Siddhartha Mohanty as its Chairman till June 29, 2024, after which he will serve as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Executive Officer (MD) till June 7, 2025, the LIC management said.
“Muhammad Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum” was appointed as Deputy Ruler
- Sheikh Mohammed’s other son, “Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum”, chairman of the Dubai Media Council, has been appointed as the second deputy ruler.
- Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Rashid Al-Maktoum, has appointed one of his sons as the country’s deputy ruler (king) in 2021 following the death of his brother and previous long-time deputy ruler, Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched the book “Reflection” in Mumbai
- Finance and Corporate Affairs Minister Nirmala Sitharaman released the book ‘Reflections’ written by eminent banker Sri Narayanan Vakul in Mumbai.
- Widely known as the architect of modern banking in India, Sri Vagul’s book covers dramatic elements and humorous and often momentous events throughout his illustrious career.
Union Ministry of Culture has decided to publish 12 comic books
- The Union Culture Ministry has decided to launch a “12-part” comic book series based on the themes and characters featured in PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat.
- This special program is implemented by “Amar Chitra Katha Publications”, The company has announced that the series will first be released in English, followed by translations in 12 Indian languages.
International Sculpture Day
- This day is celebrated to congratulate and highlight the important contribution that sculpture plays in our world. which continues to be an important “art form” over 2000 years later.