Daily Current Affairs 29th April 2023
Summit on “Farm Machinery Technology” launched.
- According to the announcement of this conference, it has been mentioned that 15 lakh 24 thousand agricultural machinery and equipment including tractors, power tillers, automatic machines have been distributed by the state governments at subsidized rates.
- The scheme aims to ensure that 85 percent of the small farmers in the country have access to technology and machinery. From 2014-15 to 2022-23, Rs 6,120 crore 85 thousand has been released to states for various activities like training, testing, setting up of CHCs, hi-tech hubs and farm machinery, said the minister.
Contribution list of top three states in wheat procurement Released.
- The major contribution to the procurement is from the three states of Punjab, Haryana and Madhya Pradesh which accounted for 89.79 LMT, 54.26 LMT and 49.47 LMT of wheat respectively.
- “The central government has given permission to all states to open procurement centers at village panchayat level and purchase through co-operative societies, gram panchayats along with pre-determined procurement,” the statement said. this is believed to promote better improvements of the centers.
- “One of the major factors contributing to the progressive procurement this year is the Indian government’s relaxation of quality specifications for wheat procurement in view of non functionally rains. This will reduce the hardship of the farmers and prevent any distress sale,” it said.
Army plans to introduce cyber technologies
- The Army Chiefs Conference is held annually in the months of April and October. Accordingly, the conference was held from 17th to 21st.
- In this conference it was decided to introduce internet technologies. Through this, it is planned to integrate modern drones, anti-drone weapons etc. in the army.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated 91 radio transmitters in 18 states and 2 Union Territories to increase radio connectivity.
- The Prime Minister said these radio transmitters will play a vital role in providing timely information on weather forecasts for agriculture and connecting women self-help groups with new markets.
- The Prime Minister said that All India Radio acts as a bridge to connect the nation and our government will continue to work towards democratization of technology.
India-Britain Government collaboration in facility development at UK’s flagship Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
- Rutherford Research Laboratory (RAL) is one of the national science laboratories operated by the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) in England.
- Funding for organization of “India-Britain Neutron Scattering Workshop” has been announced to start from the first year of the project and will involve collaboration between India and Britain.
- The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has a major collaborative project under the Nano Mission, which is expected to take neutron research to the next level through this agreement.
Indo-UK AJEYA WARRIOR-23 Exercise Starts ;
- The 7th exercise of “AJEYA WARRIOR-23”, a joint military exercise between India and England, is being conducted at Salisbury Plain, England.
- The objective of the exercise is to enhance command post training (CPX) at battalion level and field training (FTX) at the level. Ajaya Warrior Training is a bilateral training in UK.
Shebaz Sharif wins no-confidence vote in Pakistan.
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif was given a vote of confidence yesterday in the Parliament of Pakistan due to his foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto’s motion.
- Sharif secured 180 votes out of a total of 336 in his favour. It is notable that Sharif got 180 votes while 172 votes were required to get an absolute majority in Parliament.
- It is notable that in April 2022, the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, resigned after losing the vote of no confidence motion.
Jharkhand State Launches “First Air Ambulance” Service
- This ambulance service is planned to operate in Ranchi and 6 other cities.
- Plans have been announced to ensure that, at least one air ambulance is stationed in Ranchi to pick up people from any district.
Embassy (REIT) – Arvind Maiya has been appointed as the CEO.
- It is said that Maiya will replace Vikash Kathloya. Vikash Kathloya will take over as Senior Advisor of the REIT till the end of this year, the company said.
- Arvind Maiya previously served as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at the Embassy.
- REIT – Real Estate Investment Trust
India has bagged gold and silver medals in the 2023 Asian U18 Athletics Championship
- India bagged a total of four medals on the first day of the 2023 Asian U18 Athletics Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, with Priyanshu winning gold in the men’s 1500m with a time of 3:57.37 seconds.
- Fellow Indian Rahul Sarnalia won the silver medal in the men’s 1500m with a time of 3:59.43
Today is World Day for Safety and Health at Work.
- The World Day for Safety and Health at Work is celebrated in every year on 28th April to promote its balance and create safer and healthier working environments in worldwide platform.
- Theme of this year “A safe and healthy work environment is a fundamental principle and right at work”.