Daily Current Affairs 2nd May 2023
The “Science 20” meeting on global health under India’s G20 leadership is taking place in Lakshadweep
- The “Science 20” meeting on global health under the G20 leadership of India will take place on May 1 and 2 at Bangaram Island in Lakshadweep.
- It has been announced that the theme will be improved agricultural practices, more resources for nutritious food, healthy eating habits and environmental awareness, greater opportunities for sustainable food products.
NTPC and NPCIL signed an agreement pact for joint development of nuclear power plants.
- In the first phase, the JV company is developing two Pressurized Water Reactor (PHWR) projects, Chutka Madhya Pradesh Nuclear Power Project 2×700 MW and Mahi Banswara Rajasthan Nuclear Power Project 4×700 MW, which is seen as part of the Navy-style nuclear power projects.
- This subsidiary joint venture agreement pact is expected to be a major step forward for NTPC Ltd and NPCIL to collaborate and enhance cooperation in the field of the development of nuclear power projects.
Project to build “India’s First Model Resettlement Colony” for Climate Change Affected People in Odisha.
- “India’s first model resettlement colony” for people affected by climate change is planned to be built in Odisha and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik approved the development of the first phase of the colony at Bhagapatiya.
- This sanctioned fund is used for housing, drinking water, electricity connections, roads and other facilities for displaced people.
Rajneesh Karnatak has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of Bank of India.
- It may be noted that Rajneesh was the Chief General Manager of Punjab National Bank before being appointed as the Executive Director of Bank of India.
- Rajneesh Karnatak has been appointed as the new managing director after the three-year term of the previous Athanu Kumar Das ended in January this year.
Debadatta Chand has been appointed as the Managing Director of Bank of Baroda.
- Debadatta Chand (52) has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Bank of Baroda for a period of three years.
- It has been announced that he will be succeeded by Sanjeev Chadha’s tenure on June 30, 2023, followed by Debadatta Chand.
“K.Ramesh” assumed charge as Director-General of CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI).
- K. Ramesh took charge as the Director of CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI) at Karaikudi on Saturday.
- His special imptovizatio are in the development of energy storage products, especially Li-ion batteries and other future energy storage devices such as Na-ion, Li-S, Li-Air and all solid state batteries.
A copper plate containing information on the punishment of Veerapandiya Kattabomman was discovered.
- A copper plate containing information about the punishment of Veerapandiya Kattabomman has been discovered by the archeological Tracing Project Team appointed by the Tamil Nadu Government at Ettayapuram Eteeswarar Temple in Thoothukudi.
- Historical information about the killing of Kattabomman and publicity about Kumbiniyar (British) mentions that this copper plate was issued by Major Banner Man, the military commander of Kumbiniyar and dated 20-10-1799
“Mera Jeevan Lakshya Uttarakhandyath”- a book, written by Harish Rawat, former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, was published.
- Jagadguru Shankaracharya Maharaj released the book titled “Mera Jeevan Lakshya Uttarakhandiyat” written by Harish Rawat, former Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
- Jagadguru Shankaracharya who published it says that we should popularize Uttarakhand in every school so that our children understand it from childhhood stage.
Ding Liren became the first Chinese player to win the World Chess Championship
- Ding Liren defeats Russia’s Ian Nepomniachi to become the first Chinese to win the first world chess champion.
- Ding, 30, won the World Chess Championship in Kazakhstan after 14 first-round matches.
- Ding’s victory made him the 17th winner of the World Chess Championship.
Gold for India after 58 years at “Asian Badminton Championship”
- Sathwiksairaj Rangareddy and Chirag Shetty made history by beating Malaysia’s eighth-seeded Ong Yew Chin and Teo Yee in the men’s doubles final to clinch India’s second gold medal at the Asian Badminton Championship.
- It was India’s second gold medal at the Asian Badminton Championships after Dinesh Khanna’s men’s singles gold in 1965.
India wins gold in athletics triple jump at the International Athletics Championships held in Japan.
- Indian athlete “Abdullah Abubakar” has created a record by winning the gold medal in the athletics triple jump at the international athletics competition held in Japan.
- The Mikio Memorial Athletics Tournament was held in Hiroshima. Abubakar has won the gold medal in men’s world athletics triple jump by crossing a distance of 16 points and 31 meters.
- Maharashtra Day or “Maharashtra Diwas” is celebrated on 1 May every year to commemorate the formation of the Marathi-speaking state of Maharashtra through the Bombay Reorganization Act of 1960.
- The state of Gujarat was established on May 1, 1960. the state of Gujarat was formed linguistically from the old Bombay state. Gujarat has been called the ‘Jewel of Western India’ since ancient times.
International Workers Day
- “International Workers’ Day” is celebrated every year on May 1 to honor the struggles and sacrifices of workers and the labor movement.
- It is noted that International Labor Day is celebrated in more than 80 countries including India, Cuba and China.