Daily Current Affairs 29th March 2023
The G20 Trade and Investment Working Group meeting began in Mumbai
- The first Trade and Investment Working Group meeting under India’s G20 chairmanship began in Mumbai with regional groups and international organizations engaging in discussions to accelerate global trade and investment.
- The objective of India’s G20 Presidency is to create an understanding of the challenges faced in accelerating global trade and investment and how the opportunities can be harnessed to produce tangible results.
Hamza Yusuf of Pakistani descent becomes the Prime Minister of Scotland
- Pakistan-origin Hamza Yusuf has been chosen as the new Prime Minister of Scotland. Nicola Sturgeon resigned as Prime Minister of Scotland in 2014.
- This was followed by a election between Hamza Yusuf and Kate Forbes. Hamza Yusuf has won this. Pakistani origin Hamza Yusuf Nicola was the Minister of Health in the Cabinet.
Karnataka CM lays foundation stone for 2.93 km ropeway on Nandi Hill
- Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Pommy laid the foundation stone for a 2.93 km ropeway at a cost of Rs 93.40 crore at Nandi Hill on the outskirts of Bengaluru.The Karnataka Tourism Department has signed an agreement with Dyanamicx Ropeway Limited under Public Private Partnership model to construct the ropeway to Nandi Hill.
- The ropeway will facilitate tourists to reach Nandi Hill, famous for adventure activities like trekking and para-gliding. The chief minister said it would also help in aerial viewing of the scenic spot.
Average productivity of buffaloes increased by 20%
- Since the launch of the Rashtriya Gokul Mission in 2014, buffaloes have been growing steadily. Average productivity of buffaloes has increased by 20% between last 8 years according to its basic animal husbandry statistics. At the same time the number of milk buffaloes has increased by 15.33%.
- In the last 10 years, the stock of highly genetically qualified bulls has increased from 3250 to 4870 under semen collection, i.e. an increase of 49.84%.
EPFO has fixed 8.15% interest rate on Employees’ Provident Fund for 2022-23.
- Pension Fund Organization EPFO has fixed 8.15% interest rate on Employees’ Provident Fund for 2022-23.
- Last year, the EPFO announced an interest rate of 8.1% for 2021-22, the lowest in four decades. It is noteworthy that the last time the rate of interest fell to 8% was in 1977-78.
- EPFO-Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Neolithic stone (kalvatam)and Neolithic tools have been found near Sivaganga.
- In the C-colony area of O. Pudur Panchayat in Sivagangai, stone carvings and Neolithic tools have been found. More than 20 Paleolithic rock formations were found in the area. These inscriptions date back to 3,500 years ago.
- One of these inscriptions is different from other inscriptions and has 2 layers, so it is said that it may belong to a leader who lived at that time. A Neolithic tool with holes on both sides has been found. It may be used for hunting animals.
Archana won the double gold at Indian Grand Prix 2, Athletics
- The ‘Indian Grand Prix 2’ Athletics Championship was organized by the Athletics Federation of India in Thiruvananthapuram. In this Championship, Tamil Nadu player Archana Suchindran and star player Hima Dasa clashed in the women’s 100m race.
- In this, she crossed the target of 11.52 seconds and won the gold medal. In the 200 meters race, Archana came first with a time of 23.21 seconds and won the gold medal.
The Manipur youth won 3 medals at the World Weightlifting Championship held in Albania
- Manipur’s N Tomchou Meetei won three medals including two silvers at the ongoing IWF Youth Men’s and Women’s World Weightlifting Championships in Durres, Albania.
- He won the silver medal in the clean and jerk category by lifting 131 kg. He snatched the bronze medal in the 103 kg snatch and finished second in the men’s 55 kg category with a total lift of 234 kg.