Daily Current Affairs 30th March 2023
An 8 year old boy has been given the responsibility of ‘Kalka Jetson’ of Buddhism.
- An 8 year old boy from Mongolia has been given the responsibility of ‘Kalka Jetson’ considered the 3rd great leader of Buddhism.
- This event was held in Dharamsala. 5000 Buddhist monks participated in this. He gave the title of Dalai Lama to the boy and introduced him. It is noteworthy that no one has been in charge since 2012.
Export Promotion Centers in Tamil Nadu Districts
- Chief Minister M. K. Stalin inaugurated export promotion centers set up in districts for small and medium industries and newly constructed buildings worth Rs.15 crore.
- Many unique products are produced in each district of Tamil Nadu. To market these globally, ‘District Export Centres’ have been created in every district. Following this, Trade Development Officers have been appointed in every district and training on export promotion has been provided.
The second G20 Sherpas meeting is to be held in Kumarakom, Kerala.
- The second G20 Sherpas meeting chaired by Shri Amitabh Kant is scheduled to be held from March 30 to April 2, 2023 at Kumarakam, a village in Kerala under the G20 Presidency of India. The 120-delegate four-day meeting is attended by G20 members, 9 invited countries and various international organizations.
- The meeting focuses on the G20’s economic and development priorities and approaches to addressing contemporary global challenges and concrete implementation.
BMC has decided to set up 60 automatic weather stations.
- BMC’s Disaster Management Department has decided to add 60 automated weather stations to the existing weather stations in Mumbai. Following this, the National Center for Coastal Research (NCCR) has recommended setting up 97 additional automatic weather stations at 37 locations.
- Due to technical reasons it cannot be set in some stations. Some places are swampy and others have conservation issues. The scheme has been developed at a cost of 17.33 crores. It helps to get local weather information.
Appointed Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University.
- Prof. Dr. Renu Seema Vick has been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University. Shri Thankar has appointed Prof. Renu Seema Vick for a period of three years in exercise of the powers conferred by the Panjab University Act, 1947.
- Prof. Raj Kumar, who was the Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University, resigned. Following this, Prof. Renu Seema Vig was appointed as the interim Vice-Chancellor on January 16, 2023.
Daniel Mughi became Australia’s first Indian-origin Treasurer
- Indian-origin Daniel Mughey has taken office as the Treasurer of the State of Australia. Daniel Mugge was elected by Labor in Upper New South Wales in 2015 to replace Steve Vaughn, becoming the state’s first politician of Indian background.
- Daniel Muke holds three university degrees and has worked as a consultant.
Discovery of Arawan Kalapali Hero Stone Sculpture
- A 16th century Aravan Kalapalli mid-stone sculpture has been found in Tirumal village near Tirumangalam. The ‘Aravan Kalapalli’ is carved in relief on a 3 feet high and 2 feet wide slab of Nayak period sculptures.
- It is also engraved with a human figure and a pig. The human figure in this sculpture represents an Aravan. He sacrifices his own life to win the war, called Aravan Kalapali. A sculpture like this has never been found in Tamil Nadu.
Messi statue next to Pele and Maradona statue
- Last year, Argentina team led by Messi won the football world cup. In this situation, the South American Football Confederation has given a statue to Messi.
- The statue will be placed in CONMEBOL’s museum next to world football legends Pele and Maradona. The statue is designed to show Messi wearing an Argentina jersey holding the World Cup.
Pune-based BJP MP Girish Babbat passes away
- BJP unit leader Jagadish Mulik said that Pune Member of Parliament Girish Babbat passed away on March 29.
- A five-time Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Amaravati district, Girish Babat is a senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker.
Swachodsav 2023- International Day of Zero Waste
- MoHUA along with Union Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection GIZ organized ‘Swachodsav – 2023: Rally for Garbage Free Cities’.
- Achievements of SBM-U Project: 4,715 urban local bodies have become hygienic public toilets and open defecation free (ODF) cities. Waste recycling in India has quadrupled from 17% in 2014 to 75%.