Daily Current Affairs 29th January 2023
The Ministry of Panchayat Raj has organized a one-day panel discussion on “Manthan: Charting New Paths”
- To develop a plan for leveraging digital technology and developing e-Gram Swaraj with the focus on existing e-Governance applications, the Ministry of Panchayat Raj has organized a one-day conference meeting on ‘”Manthan: Charting New Paths” on January 30, 2023 in New Delhi.
- The discussion is organized to seek holistic inputs to develop e-Gram Swaraj 2.0 and develop common understanding.
Medical innovations showcased at Startup 20 inaugural meeting
- The Naval Innovation and Indigenization Organization (NIIO) showcased medical innovations undertaken by Indian Naval officers during the inception meeting of the Startup20 Engagement Group under India’s G20 presidency.
- Various medical innovations including the ‘Aadyant’ Oxygen Recycling System (ORS), ‘Spandan’ low-cost digital stethoscope and ‘Nebiro’ smart portable nebulizer were displayed.
EPFO launches “Nidhi Aapke Nikat 2.0”- A District Outreach Program
- Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has launched a massive district outreach program in all the districts of the country through a revamped Nidhi Aapke Nikat program.
- The aim of this program is to reach all the districts of the country on the same day i.e. 27th of every month. EPFO organized camps in 685 districts of the country.
- The Nidhi Aapke Nikat 2.0 will not only be the grievance redressal platform and information exchange network for employers and employees but also a platform for the exchange of information with the district-level authorities of various State and Central Government departments
Mughal Gardens at Rashtrapati Bhavan Renamed As ‘Amrit Udyan’
- The famous Mughal Gardens in Rashtrapati Bhavan will now be known as ‘Amrit Udyan’. On the occasion of the celebrations of 75 years of Independence.
- The gardens are being opened by the President from 29th January 2023.Rashtrapati Bhavan is home to a rich variety of gardens. Originally, they included East Lawn, Central Lawn, Long Garden and Circular Garden.
A medical conference will be held in Chennai for the first time in Tamil Nadu
- A medical conference on Ear-Nose-Throat welfare held at Raja Annamalaipuram, Muthamil Assembly Hall, and Chennai for the first time in Tamil language and the conference will be inaugurated by Chief Minister M.K.Stalin.
- Also in this conference, Medical advisors will give a special speech in Tamil about ear-nose-throat welfare research, modern technological treatments and medical methods.
Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Tribes Entrepreneurship Fund Scheme has been introduced in Tamil Nadu
- To achieve inclusive development of all communities in new age entrepreneurship, the Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched a new scheme called ‘Tamil Nadu Scheduled Tribes Entrepreneurship Fund Scheme’ on 27th January 2023.
- Through this scheme, funds will be provided in the form of equity investment or unsecured loans to innovative enterprises started and run by entrepreneurs belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
A new scheme called ‘Chief Minister in Field Study’ has been launched in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin launched a new scheme called “Chief Minister in Field Study’” and the first phase of the scheme will be implemented in Vellore, Iranipet, Tirupattur and Tiruvannamalai districts on February 1 and 2,2023.
- This scheme has been introduced to carry out a detailed study of the government schemes being implemented in the districts and to examine the administrative work, development and welfare work.
4,300-year-old mummy found in Egypt
- The bodies kept in the Egyptian pyramids are preserved in such a way that they are not damaged by the passage of time. Such bodies are called mummies.
- In current research, researchers at Saqqara Necropolis, south of Cairo, Egypt, have uncovered important artifacts, including a 4,300-year-old mummy.
- It belongs to the 25th to 22nd centuries BC. The mummy was discovered in the pyramid complex of Unas, the last king of the Fifth Dynasty.
A British Sikh engineer won the PM Rishi Sunak’s point of lighting award for low-cost invention
- A British Sikh engineer Navjot Sawhney has won PM Rishi Sunak’s Points of Light Award for inventing an energy efficient manual washing machine for low-income groups around the world inspired by his volunteering work in India.
- Navjot Sawhney, who set up his Washing Machine Project around four years ago, which can be operated in regions without electricity and also designed for lower level people.
Asia’s 5th Youngest Aircraft Fleet 2023
- IndiGo has been selected as the World’s Youngest Aircraft Fleet 2023 by ch-aviation in the category of “100+ aircraft in their fleet”.
- The airline has also been acknowledged as Asia’s 5th Youngest Aircraft Fleet 2023 by maintaining young, modern, and efficient aircraft with an average age of 3.57 years.
- The ch-aviation Youngest Aircraft Fleet Award recognizes Airlines across the world that maintains young, modern, efficient aircraft.
Khelo India Youth Games 2023
- The next Khelo India Youth Games will start on the 30th January 2023 in Madhya Pradesh in which multiple Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) Development athletes will participate.
- This elevates the magnitude of the games as the TOPS athletes, who are international achievers already, will inspire the grassroots-level athletes to up the ante and provide a tough contest.
- The Khelo India Youth Games will feature a total of 27 disciplines, with water sports being included for the first time in the history of the games.
Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka wins Women’s singles title in Australian Open 2023
- The 111th edition of the 2023 Australian Open will be held at Melbourne Park from January 16-29, 2023.
- Australian Open in Women’s singles Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka defeated the Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina in the final of the Australian Open women’s singles, and Sabalenka won the Women’s singles title in Australian Open 2023.
Women’s Under-19 World Cup Final
- Women’s Junior 20 over Cricket World Cup (Under 19) is held in South Africa.
- The final match between India and England will be held on 29th January 2023.
World Cup Hockey Finals 2023
- The 15th World Cup of Hockey is underway at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- The final match between Germany and Belgium will be held on January 29, 2023.
Lala Lajpat Rai birth anniversary
- Author, freedom fighter, and politician Lala Lajpat Rai was born on January 28, 1865. Known as Punjab Kesari or the Lion of Punjab, Rai was one of the prominent early leaders of the Indian National Congress and the Indian independence movement.
- Rai along with Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal formed the Congress triumvirate.
World Leprosy Day
- World Leprosy Day (WLD) is a global healthcare event to raise awareness of leprosy, which has been recognized on the last Sunday of every January for the past 69 years. This year, World Leprosy Day 2023 is observed on 29 January, Sunday.
- The theme of World Leprosy Day 2023 is “Act Now. End Leprosy.”