Daily Current Affairs 28th January 2023
National Vendor Interaction Program-2023
- RINL-Visakhapatnam Steel Plant will be organizing the 1st ever “RINL NVIP-2023-National Vendor Interaction Program—2023” on January 28, 2023 at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- This National Vendor Interaction Program will provide a forum for the sellers to interact with RINL Management and is intended to foster a long-term business relationship between RINL and the sellers.
South Africa signs deal with India to relocate dozens of cheetahs
- South Africa has signed an agreement with India to introduce 100 African leopards within the next decade, the country’s environment department said on 26 January 2023.
- South Africa’s environmental department announced that “An initial batch of 12 cheetah are scheduled to be flown from South Africa to India in February 2023,”
- In 2022, September, eight radio-collared African cheetahs were released at Kuno National Park in central India after a 5,000-mile (8,000 km) journey from Namibia, the first time wild cheetahs have been moved across continents to be released.
Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya virtually inaugurates National Summit on Quality of Biologicals
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the National Summit on Quality of Biologicals, organized by the National Institute of Biologicals (NIB), here on 27th January 2023.
- The National Summit will act as a platform to bring together stakeholders, regulatory authorities & academia for interaction on various aspects of quality assurance of biologicals.
- “The National Institute of Biologicals is playing a vital role in ensuring that only quality biological products reach the health system.
National Logistics Portal-Sea, Single Window Logistics Portal Launched to Reduce Logistics Cost
- National Logistic Portal (Marine) (NLP) is a project of national importance planned by Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and Ministry of Commerce and Industry under which Union Minister Shri Sarbananda Sonowal launched National Logistics Portal (Marine) on 27 January 2023 in New Delhi.
- Also a one-stop platform aimed at improving efficiency and transparency by reducing costs, with the aim of connecting all stakeholders of the logistics community using IT.
- NLP Marine’s operations are categorized into four different verticals.
- Banking and Finance and
- Regulatory bodies and Participating Government Agencies (PGAs)
30th edition of National Child Science Congress held in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat Council on Science and Technology (GUJCOST), Gujarat Council of Science City, and SAL Education are hosting the five-day event called 30th National Child Science Congress which began at Science City in Ahmedabad 27th January 2023 to 31st January, 2023.
- More than 1400 delegates including child scientists, escort teachers, evaluators, and government officials will attend the congress.
State level exhibition under PMEGP organized by Khadi and Village Industries Commission held in Mumbai
- KVIC chairman Manoj Kumar inaugurated the State level exhibition under Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme by Khadi and Village Industries Commission; the exhibition will run from 26 January – 1 February 2023 at Mumbai’s World Trade Centre, Mumbai.
- During the exhibition, around 40 registered khadi Institutions as well as PMEGP/REGP Units from 15 states across the country are participating and are exhibiting their Export Quality Khadi & Village Industries Eco-friendly products produced by traditional artisans.
A new website has been launched by the Finance Department in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched the website http://www.ccfms.tn.gov.in created to monitor the activities of Public Sector Undertakings of Tamil Nadu State.
- A new website has been introduced to easily share information related to financial and administrative activities of public sector organizations and statutory boards with the government.
- Special features of the website
- Software collect large amount of information,
- Identify violations of the Companies Circular 2013,
- Generate automatic warning SMS and e-mail messages to directors and relevant key officers of the respective company, thereby also designed to rectify such violations.
Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann to inaugurate 500 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’
- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann inaugurated 500 ‘Aam Aadmi Clinics’ (Mohalla Clinics) across Amritsar on January 27,2023.
- Earlier, Mr Mann inaugurated 100 Aam Aadmi Clinics on August 15, 2022 on the occasion of Independence Day.
- The aim of the clinic is to set to create the health revolution and from this clinic more than one million people have taken advantage and over three lakh people were examined free of cost. Also, medicines were also given free of cost to the people.
Chen Chien-jen is to become Taiwan’s new premier
- Chen Chien-jen is to become Taiwan’s new premier, President Tsai Ing-wen announced on 27th January 2023.
- The move comes as part of a cabinet reshuffle following heavy losses for the ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) at local elections last year.
- Chen, 71, who served as vice president during Tsai’s first term in office, from 2016-2020.
13th century inscription found at Pandavapura near Mandya in Karnataka
- An inscription of the 13th century King Oisala has been discovered in excavations conducted by the Kannada Classical Development Research Center at Chagasketihalli village in Pandavapura taluk of Mandya district, Karnataka.
- In the center of this inscription are figures of a man and a woman, identified as Masanayya, a warrior and his wife, who played an important role in the army during the reign of King Oisala. Researchers suggest that Masanayya designed this inscription in memory of his wife before he died in battle.
Science and Technology
Japan’s radar spy satellite launched in space
- Japan’s ‘IGS’ 7′ Satellite ’46 H2A’ was launched from the space center in Kagoshima Prefecture on a rocket.
- Also this radar satellite is designed with an electromagnetic observation system to capture images at night and during severe weather conditions.
Australian Open match 2023
- The 111th edition of the 2023 Australian Open will be held at Melbourne Park from January 16-29, 2023.
- The Brazilian pair of Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos beat India’s Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna 7-6 (2), 6-2 on 27th january 2023 to win the Australian Open mixed doubles title.
- And this is Mirza’s last match at a Grand Slam tournament before she retires.
- Mirza, who has won six Grand Slams, doubles championships — three in mixed, including the 2009 Australian Open — will retire next month after a tournament in Dubai.
ICC awards winners for the year 2022
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced its first individual award winners in the ICC Awards 2022 by global vote conducted among the specialist panel of media representatives, the ICC Voting Academy and global fans who voted for their favorite stars.
|Category Name||Winner name||Country|
|Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy||Babar Azam||Pakistan|
|Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy||Nat Sciver||England|
|Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year||Ben Stokes||England|
|Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year||Babar Azam||Pakistan|
|Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year||Nat Sciver||England|
|Men’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year||Marco Jansen||South Africa|
|David Shepherd Trophy||Richard Illingworth||England|
|Spirit of Cricket Award||Aasif Sheikh||Nepal|
Data Privacy Day 2023
- Every year January 28 is celebrated as Data Privacy Day (DPD) across the world.
- The objective of the day is to sensitize individuals and disseminate privacy practices and principles. It encourages everyone to own their privacy responsibilities to create a culture of privacy.
- Theme of the year is ‘Think Privacy First’.