Daily Current Affairs 28th July 2023
The Army Postal Service has inaugurated its first “Permanent Aadhaar Enrollment Centre”.
- The Army Postal Service inaugurated its first Permanent Aadhaar Enrollment Center (PAEC) at the Central Base Post Office in New Delhi on July 26.
- The initiative is aimed at facilitating the provision of Aadhaar-related vital services to military personnel of the three forces and their dependents (families) through their Divisional Post Offices at 48 identified locations across the country, UIDAI said.
The central government is planning to organize Meri Maati Mera Desh programs across the country.
- The central government has announced that the nationwide Meri Maati Mera Desh program will be held from August 9 to 15 this year to mark the culmination of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- It is reported that the youth selected from 7500 constituencies will gather at Kartavya Path in New Delhi to celebrate this grand event. It is significant that in this event they take soil from all the villages of their state or local gram panchayats and worship it.
The Union Home Minister has launched a unique initiative called Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the “Mera Gaon Meri Dharohar” initiative as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on July 27 in New Delhi. The initiative is designed under the Ministry of Culture.
- The Union Home Minister said that this initiative was created with the objective of empowering the people of different villages in this project which connects people with the last indigenous villages of India and will provide a unique opportunity to connect with the heart and soul of the country’s villages.
A Resource Efficiency and Circular Economy Industry Coalition(RECEIC) is planned to be launched.
- The Resource Efficiency and Circular Economy Industry Coalition(RECEIC) will be launched on the evening of 27th July during the 4th Environment and Climate Ministers and Sustainability Working Group Conference.
- The RECEIC Coalition is an industry-led initiative aimed at strengthening and promoting the resource efficiency and circular economy practices of member countries worldwide.
The second edition of the Global ESG Conference has been held in Dubai, UAE.
- Global ESG Conference 2.0 organized by the Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry to discuss the essential topics of social and governance (ESG) practices, environment in business was held on July 26 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The conference aims to integrate environmental, justice, social and governance (ESG) factors into strategic business decisions and to measure and improve their impact on financial infrastructure and sustainability and promote sustainable decision-making.
India and Australia agreed to work together to enhance their bilateral defense cooperation.
- India and Australia agreed in July 2023 to review their bilateral cross-border security cooperation and work together on new initiatives to further deepen and strengthen bilateral security cooperation.
- This decision was taken at the 8th India-Australia Defense Policy Meeting held in Canberra, the capital of Australia. World economists have said that through this cooperation, there will be positive improvement in the economy, security and education standards of both countries.
Prime Minister Modi has launched various development projects in Rajasthan.
- Prime Minister Modi on July 27 laid the foundation stone for various development projects for the common people in Sikar district of Rajasthan state.
- The Prime Minister inaugurated five new medical colleges mainly in Rajasthan, laying the foundation stone for seven public medical colleges. He also started six “Eklavya Model Residential Schools” in the state under this scheme. The Prime Minister’s launch of 1500 Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) in an open network of digital commerce is seen as important.
The President of India laid the foundation stone for the ‘Divine Light House’ project of Odisha State PBKIVV.
- President of India Draupadi Murmu laid the foundation stone for the “Divine Light House” project of Prajapita Brahma Kumaris Ishwariya Vishwa Vidyalaya on 27th July. The theme of the event is ‘A Year of Positive Change’.
- The President, who is on a three-day visit to the state of Odisha, is said to have attended the inaugural PBKIVV program before heading to the national capital and laid the foundation stone for the project.
Waqf Board has no power to exclude certain community from religion – Minority Affairs Minister Smriti Irani
- The Andhra Pradesh State Waqf Board recently passed a resolution declaring the Ahmadiyya community as “Non-Muslims” amid long-standing issues between the Andhra Pradesh State Waqf Board and the Ahmadiyya community.
- Frustrated by this, Ahmadiyya’s submitted a petition to the Union Ministry of Minorities on 20.7.2023. Accordingly, Union Minister for Minority Affairs Smriti Irani has stated that all Waqf Boards are under the jurisdiction of the Parliament Act and no Waqf Board can act against the dignity of the Parliament and violate the laws enacted by it.
Jose Leone has been appointed as the CEO of Dentsu X India.
- Dentsu X Network India’s Dentsu X brand and marketing agency has reportedly appointed senior executive Jose Leone as its CEO in July 2023.
- It is reported that he has about 26 years of work experience and has established his solid performance in various activities of the company and through this appointment he will take the company to the next level through his consistent activities.
Irshad Ahmad has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Syria.
- Irshad Ahmad, Counselor of the Embassy of India in Muscat, Oman, has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to Syria on July 26.
- It has been reported that he will continue to work closely with India and Syria in the wide-scale bilateral cooperation, trade and capacity building between the two countries.
Prabhat Kumar has been appointed as the Next High Commissioner of India to South Africa.
- Special Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Prabhat Kumar has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to South Africa in July 2023, according to a recent MEA official release.
- India has been a friendly country of South Africa till it became an independent country and henceforth the relationship between India and South Africa will improve further, said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Indian-origin Anita Anand has been appointed as Canada’s “Treasury Board President”.
- In Canada’s cabinet reshuffle, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has appointed Indian-origin Anita Anand from the Ministry of Defense as “President of the Treasury Board” in July 2023.
- It is notable that Anita Anand has been elected as Member of Parliament Oakville constituency for the first time in 2019.
Science and Technology
‘India AI’ and Meta have signed an MoU to promote India’s AI technologies.
- The Central Digital India Corporation has signed an MoU on July 26 with ‘India AI’, an IBD firm under Meta, to foster and promote collaboration in the field of AI and related emerging technologies in the country.
- The MoU aims to create a framework for development and collaboration in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and emerging cutting-edge technologies.
Veteran journalist Prem Prakash has been honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Prem Prakash, our country’s renowned veteran journalist and founder of Asian News International (ANI), has been honored with the prestigious “Lifetime Achievement Award” in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the field of news and journalism.
- It is significant that these awards were announced in the presence of Union Minister Gajendra Shekhawat at an award ceremony in the national capital, New Delhi.
- The award is presented by the Global Education Mentoring Organization for their “lifelong significant contribution to community education”.
PureSoftware Finnovex has received the “Excellence in Digital Banking” award in South Africa 2023.
- PureSoftware Finnovex, a leading global software and digital services company, has received an award under the prestigious “Excellence in Digital Banking” category at the South African Summit 2023 in July 2023.
- The award recognizes its parent company PureSoftware’s outstanding contribution to the financial sector through its revolutionary digital banking platform Arttha system. The party is said to be given because of the serious initiatives taken to revolutionize Africa’s financial landscape.
National Refreshment Day 2023
- National Refreshment Day is observed every year to highlight people taking a break from their hectic alternative energy routines. The day is observed on the fourth Thursday of July every year.
- This day was first started in America by the famous “Traveler Beer” company and is now widely celebrated all over the world. There is no theme for this day of the year.