Daily Current Affairs 27th July 2023
India’s growth to rise to 6.1% for this fiscal – IMF latest report.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said in its latest report that India’s GDP growth in the current financial year will rise from the forecast of 6.1%.
- It is seen as significant that the IMF in its report released in April has mentioned that India’s GDP growth in the current fiscal year will be 5.9 percent. The announcement noted that India continues to retain its position in the “Fastest Growing Economy” category.
NADA has introduced a helpline for information on anti-doping rules and guidelines.
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has launched the “Anti-Doping Helpline” (1800-119-919) to easily provide information on anti-doping rules and its guidelines to athletes and athletic support personnel.
- With this, it is said that if there are any confusions and problems in it, the athletes can get rid of them easily.
The Union Minister of State has inaugurated a national conference on “Protecting Mental Health Beyond Institutions”.
- Union Minister of State for Family and Health, Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar inaugurated the National Conference on “Protecting(Moving) Mental Health Beyond Institutions” on July 26.
- The conference aims to discuss issues, challenges in implementing the Mental Health Protection Act, 2017 and how to move forward to overcome mental health issues.
Union Minister Shri Scindia has inaugurated the “Heli Summit” for the year 2023 in Madhya Pradesh.
- Union Minister Shri Jyotiraditya M Scindia inaugurated Heli Summit 2023 on July 25 2023 at Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh.
- The theme of the conference is “Achieving the Last Mile: Strengthening Regional Connectivity through Helicopters and Small Aircraft”.
Global Summit on Chemicals and Petrochemicals begins in New Delhi.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers will launch the 3rd edition of the summit titled “Global Petrochemicals and Chemicals Manufacturing Hubs in India 2023” (GCPMH 2023) in New Delhi on July 27.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is scheduled to inaugurate this two-day conference. This conference is being held with the objective of how to further strengthen the chemical and petrochemical industry, which plays a major role in the economic development of our country, and how to eliminate the problems and improve them.
Union Minister Shri Scindia launched mobile applications HeliSewa and RCS UDAN 5.2.
- Union Minister Jyotiraditya M Scindia launched HeliSewa and RCS UDAN 5.2 mobile apps while inaugurating Heli Summit 2023 on July 25 2023 in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh. It is significant that he also launched the initiative UDAN 5.2 at this function.
- UDAN 5.2 is designed to improve and strengthen connectivity to remote and regional areas of the country, with the aim of improving connectivity to the last mile of the country through small aircraft like 1A.
The Multi-State Cooperative Societies (Amendment) Bill, 2022 has been passed in the Lok Sabha.
- The Multi-State Co-operative Societies Amendment Bill 2022 was passed in the Parliament Lok Sabha on 25 July 2023.
- The bill aims to strengthen governance, increase accountability, improve transparency and reform election processes in several state co-operative societies.
The Congress party has moved a “No-Confidence Motion” against the NDA government in the Lok Sabha.
- The Congress party moved a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha on July 26 against the NDA government in Parliament over the violence issue in Manipur state.
- Congress MP Gaurav Gogoi has moved this no-confidence motion in the House. It is significant that “27 No-Confidence Motions” have been tabled in Parliament since independence. Indira Gandhi faced the highest number of no-confidence motions – 15 times.
CMA Neeraj Joshi was elected as a Member of the Central Council of India in July 2023.
- Cost and Management Accountant(CMA) Neeraj Joshi was elected as a Central Council Member (CCM) of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) on July 25.
- CMA Chaitanya Moharir has been given charge of Western India Regional Council Member(RCM). The central government has informed that they have been given this promotion due to their major initiatives in their respective fields.
Dr Thani Al Zeyoudi has been selected as the President of the 13th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization.
- UAE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Dr. Thani Al Jayodi has been elected as the President of the 13th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization in July 2023.
- The 13th Ministerial Conference will be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE in February 2024. It is intended to review the performance of the trading system and take some key steps for the future, the official statement issued on 24 July 2023 said.
Wang Yi has been sworn in as China’s New Foreign Minister.
- The Chinese government removed Qin Gang, who was already serving as foreign minister, and replaced her with Wang Yi, the country’s senior politician, in July 2023.
- According to the Chinese government, Wang Yi was appointed to the post due to the long-term health problems of 57-year-old Qin Gang. The Chinese government has expressed confidence that he will handle China’s foreign policy effectively.
Ashwamedh Devi has been appointed as the Chairperson of the Bihar State Commission for Women.
- In order to revive the long pending restructuring of Bihar State Women’s Commission, the state government has appointed Ashwamedh Devi as the Chairperson of the Women’s Commission and launched the Commission on July 26, 2023.
- He is a former JD(U) MP from Samastipur parliamentary constituency in Bihar. The state government also said that Professor Geeta Yadav, Dr. Sujata Sumbrui, Prabhavathy Manji, Rabia Khatoon, Shweta Biswas, Sunita Kushwaha & Sulochana Devi have also been appointed in this women’s commission.
Anita Karwal has been appointed as the Chairperson of GujRERA.
- Retired IAS officer Anita Karwal has been appointed as the Chairperson of Real Estate Regulatory Authority of Gujarat (GujRERA) in July 2023 by the state government.
- It is significant that he has been appointed to this post after the recent retirement of the former president of the organization, Amarjit Singh.
Referees Kishan Chand Joshi and Rahul Gupta have won the AIFF Awards for 2023.
- The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has named Rahul Gupta as the Best Referee and Kishan Chand Joshi as the best assistant referee for the 2022 and 2023 seasons.
- It is notable that India and Mumbai City FC Winger “Lallianzuala Chhangte” has recently been selected as the AIFF Men’s Football Player of the Year due to his outstanding performance in the Indian Super League (ISL) and national and international level.
India won gold in the men’s individual 50m pistol event at the ISSF Youth World Shooting Championships.
- India’s Kamaljeet won the gold medal in the men’s individual 50m pistol event at the 2023 ISSF Youth World Shooting Championships in Changwon, South Korea on July 24.
- It is notable that India has won 17 medals including 5 bronze, 6 silver and 6 gold in this ISSF series with 90 shooters.
Veteran journalist Shirish Kanekar passed away.
- The country’s veteran journalist, columnist and author Shirish Kanekar passed away on July 25 in Mumbai due to a heart attack at the age of 80.
- His major collection of stories “Lagaan Bhatti” won the Maharashtra State “Literary Parishad Award” for Best Comedy.
Kargil Vijay Diwas 2023
- “Kargil Vijay Diwas” is celebrated across the country on 26th July every year to honor the bravery and courage of the Indian soldiers who fought and sacrificed their lives for our country in the 1999 Kargil War. It means “Kargil Victory Day” in Tamil.
- The Indian Army launched “Operation Vijay” to counter the Pakistani military’s encroachment on the Kargil area of Kashmir’s Indian border. India’s success in this Mission is seen as the most important success globally.