Daily Current Affairs 29th July 2023
100 microsites new projects launched under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- The National Health Authority(NHA) has launched 100 microsites projects under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) on July 28, 2023, with an aim to promote digital development of the country and provide quality healthcare to all.
- This microsite is a small website covering a collection of all small and medium scale dispensaries, hospitals (preferably <10 beds), medical homes, laboratories and other healthcare facilities operating under ABDM.
- It has also been announced that it will be implemented by the State Program Directors under ABDM and its financial resources and guidance will be provided by the National Health Authority (NHA).
The 10th General Meeting of the Sub-committee on Military Cooperation between India and Malaysia was held.
- The 10th meeting of the India-Malaysia Military Cooperation Sub-Committee was held in New Delhi on July 27, 2023 under the chairmanship of Shri Amitabh Prasad, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Defence.
- The meeting was held with the aim of discussing the cooperative defense between the two countries and its cooperation with the theme of further expansion of its defense engagements. It is also reported that the possible outcomes of the 12th Indo-Malaysia Defense Cooperation Committee (MIDCOM) meeting at the Defense Secretary level in India in September this year and its development will be discussed.
The Central Government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $200 million loan agreement for urban development in Rajasthan.
- The Indian government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on July 28 signed a $200 million loan financing agreement that could provide additional financing to Rajasthan’s Secondary Cities High Development Program.
- These debt financing agreements are aimed at deepening private sector engagement and integrating various innovative and credible solutions to expand basic urban services in the state of Rajasthan.
India and Laos have signed MoUs for five Quick Impact Projects.
- The Government of India and the Republic of Laos on July 27 signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) to implement five projects for accelerated development in the fields of education, water supply, health and information technology.
- The Memorandum of Understanding has been carried out with the aim of both sides to study in detail the development of bilateral relations and to work together in promoting cooperation in economy, development partnership, trade relations, agriculture, education, health, security and heritage.
AMD plans to invest $400 million in India.
- US chipmaker Giant AMD announced in July 2023 that it will set up its largest-ever Research and Development (R&D) facility in Bengaluru, India as part of a plan to invest $400 million in India over the next five years.
- According to AMD management, the decision was taken with the aim of opening its new design center in Bengaluru by the end of this financial year and creating 3,000 new technical engineers over the next five years.
Liberia’s Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) has entered into an MoU with India to strengthen technological advancement in Liberia.
- India’s Neonicz Software has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Liberia’s Telecommunications Corporation (LTC) in July 2023 to strengthen Liberia’s technological advancement and advance its telecommunications sector.
- It is said that they will work together to develop Liberia’s technology and telecommunications community through innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions.
The G-20 Summit on Green and Sustainable Development begins in New Delhi.
- The G20 Summit on Green and Sustainable Development, with the theme of improving the global economy, began on July 28 in New Delhi.
- This two-day conference is organized by NITI Aayog, a national institute. The conference also aims to explore opportunities for green and sustainable development globally and address its challenges.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the “Semicon India 2023” conference in the state of Gujarat.
- Inaugurating the “Semicon India 2023” conference in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on July 28, he said that India will be a perfect platform for investment in the semiconductor sector in the coming times and advised Indian entrepreneurs to make the most of it.
- He mentioned that the Government of India has signed a memorandum of understanding with three major semiconductor companies to develop India as a manufacturing hub for semiconductors. It is notable that this three-day conference is organized by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
India and Asian Bank have signed a $295 million loan agreement to upgrade state highways in Bihar.
- The central government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) on July 27 signed a loan agreement worth $295 million to upgrade Small Road Connectivity and about 265 km of state highways in Bihar.
- This agreement was undertaken with the aim of upgrading all state minor and highways in the state to standard two-lane roads and further coordinating road safety. It is notable that since 2008, ADB has disbursed five loans totaling $1.63 billion to the state of Bihar for the construction of a new bridge over the Ganges River and rehabilitation of the state.
Kamboj took over as the Chairman of the 62nd edition of the Social Development Commission.
- India’s Permanent Ambassador to the United Nations General Assembly Ruchira Kamboj took charge of the 62nd edition hosted by the “Commission for Community Development (CSocD)” on 28 July 2023.
- Earlier on February 15, the UN was scheduled to host the 62nd session of the Commission for Social Development under the chairmanship of India. This is the first time since 1975 that India has held this prestigious post in the Social Development Commission.
- “Promoting social justice and social development through social policies, accelerating progress in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and achieving the overarching goal under the Poverty Eradication Agenda” is the Main theme for the conference.
Industrialist Ratan Tata has been awarded ‘Udyog Ratna’ of Maharashtra.
- Industry Minister Uday Samant has announced on July 27, 2023 that the Maharashtra State Government has decided to confer the ‘Udyog Ratna’ award on the country’s veteran businessman and chairman of the biggest Giant Company Tata Sons, Ratan Tata.
- This is the highest award given by the state of Maharashtra to businessmen and entrepreneurs for their efforts and contributions to outstanding individuals.
India to become world’s 3rd largest economy by 2027 – SBI latest report
- Taking into account the current growth rate, India will become the world’s 3rd largest economy by fiscal year 2027 (2027-28), and on these measures, the Indian economy will overtake Japan and Germany, according to a recent report by Ecowrap, SBI.
- It is notable that earlier in its reports, SBI has mentioned that the Indian economy will become the third largest economy in the world by 2029. while the Indian economy will reach 3rd place, the states of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh will cross the value of 500 billion dollars in terms of economy, it is mentioned in the report.
India’s GDP to grow 6-6.3% in FY 2024 – Deloitte India Report
- India’s GDP is expected to grow by 6 to 6.3 per cent by the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024, Deloitte India said in its July report.
- The announcement also stated that if the same current factor situation occurs in the next two years, its economic growth will exceed 7 percent.
Bilateral trade between India and US to touch “$300 billion” by 2026-2027 – PHD report.
- Trade between India and the US is expected to reach nearly US$ 300 billion by 2026-2027 from the current level of US$ 188 billion in 2022-2023, international industry body PHD Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) said in a July 27 report.
- The paper, titled “India-US Bilateral Relations: Steady Developments Ahead”, addresses how bilateral relations between India and the US have intensified over the years beyond trade and investments and how they will evolve in the coming years.
The Union Minister inaugurated the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships for 2023.
- Union Sports Minister Shri Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurated the 2023 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championship in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh on July 27.
- It is significant that this championship is being held for the first time in India. The tournament starts on July 28 and ends on August 5.
World Hepatitis Day 2023
- World Hepatitis Day is observed every year on July 28 to create awareness among the general public around the world about the need to understand hepatitis, its prevalence, its prevention and its consequences if left untreated.
- “One life, one liver” is the theme for this year.
World Nature Conservation Day 2023
- World Nature Conservation Day is observed on 28th July every year with the aim of creating awareness among the world public about the richness of the natural environment, their importance and their conservation.
- The theme for this year is “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.