Daily Current Affairs 25th January 2023
Exercise AMPHEX 2023
- The largest biennial Tri-Services amphibious exercise – AMPHEX 2023 – involving the Indian Army, Indian Air Force (IAF), and the Indian Navy, was conducted near Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh from January 17 to January 22, 2023.
- AMPHEX 2023 included complex activities in all domains that demonstrated a high level of preparedness and coordination among the three services to undertake the full spectrum of amphibious operations.
‘Amazon Air’ aircraft was introduced in India’s air cargo sector
- Amazon, one of the leading e-commerce companies in India’s air cargo industry Launched this service in the name of ‘Amazon Air’ on 23rd January 2023,
- US-headquartered multinational Amazon has launched air cargo service in India for the first time after USA and Europe.
- At present 2 aircraft are engaged in this service and each aircraft is designed to carry 20,000 items at a time.
‘U-WIN’ website launched to digitize Universal Immunization program in India
- Co-WIN website has been created to manage corona vaccination activities in India; following this the central government has created a new website ‘U-Win’ for routine vaccination activities for newborns and pregnant women.
- Through this all tasks like digital recording of vaccinations for pregnant women and newborn children, subsequent vaccination reminders will be carried out. A certificate will be issued to the beneficiaries after all vaccinations have been administered.
Indian Navy’s major maritime exercise TROPEX-23
- Indian Navy’s Largest War Game called THEATRE LEVEL OPERATIONAL READINESS EXERCISE (TROPEX -23) is now underway in the Indian Ocean Region; TROPEX 23 is being conducted over the duration of three months from Jan – Mar, 2023.
- This operational level exercise is conducted biennially and witnesses participation not only by all Indian Navy units but also of Indian Army, Indian Air force and Coast Guard assets.
4-Year-Old Boy Becomes UK’s Youngest Mensa Member
- Teddy Hobbs, a four-year-old boy from Portishead, Somerset, who can read and count in seven languages, has become Britain’s youngest Mensa member.
- Teddy taught himself to read while watching television and playing on his tablet at the age of two without his parents even noticing, now he can also count to 100 in other non-native languages, including Welsh, French, Spanish and German.
- Mensa is the largest and oldest high-IQ society in the world that accepts people who score at the 98th percentile or higher on an approved intelligence test.
Largest and longest book fair to be held in Bangladesh
- The largest and longest book fair of Bangladesh ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on February 1, 2023.
- The historic ‘Amar Ekushey Boi Mela’ will be organized on the grounds of the Bangla Academy and Suhrawardy Udyan in the capital city Dhaka.
- ‘Paro Boi, Garo Desh: Bangabandhur Bangladesh’ meaning ‘Read Book, build country: Bangabandhu’s Bangladesh’ is the theme of the book fair 2023.
First Ever India Stack Developer Conference to be held in New Delhi
- The first India Stack Developer Conference that will dwell on ways and means to ensure wider adoption of India’s digital goods all over the world will be held at New Delhi on 25th January 2023.
- It will be attended by over 100 digital leaders from the Industry, Government, start-ups and unicorns and academia. India Stack is a multi-layer cluster of digital solutions – Aadhaar, UPI, Digi Locker, Co-Win, GeM, GSTN that have played a significant role in the digital transformation in India.
E-Mobility Week is observed in Hyderabad
- The city of Hyderabad will witness the launch of many e-vehicles by top automobile companies during the Hyderabad E-Mobility Week which the Telangana government is hosting from February 5 to 11, 2023.
- The week will also showcase the global EV ecosystem and provide a platform for the world to witness the strengths & capabilities of the global electric vehicle industry, along with significant international participation.
Uttar Pradesh celebrates foundation day
- Uttar Pradesh is celebrating its foundation day on 24th January; the main theme of the ‘Uttar Pradesh Day’ 2023 is ‘Investment and Employment’ this year.
- The statewide events will be held from January 24 to January 26, Earlier, Uttar Pradesh was known as United Provinces. However, on January 24, 1950, it was recognized as Uttar Pradesh.
BOB has introduced the Vikram Credit Card for Army persons
- BOB Financial has introduced Vikram Credit Card, BOB Financial Solutions Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, has offered a special credit card on the occasion of Republic Day.
- This credit card is dedicated to the army, paramilitary forces and police personnel of the country.
- Vikram Credit Card Features and Benefits
- Lifetime Free (LTF) credit card
- Attractive reward points and activation gift of a complimentary OTT subscription.
- Accidental Death covers of Rs. 20 lakhs.
- 1% Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- LTF Add-Ons
- EMI offers
- Periodic merchant offers
IIM Ahmedabad Director was appointed
- Professor Bharat Bhasker has been appointed as the director of the Indian Institute of Ahmedabad (IIMA). In the interim, the Board of Governors has appointed Prof Arindam Banerjee as the director-in-charge from February 1 to 28, 2023.
- Professor Bhasker, who currently holds the position of Professor of Information Technology and Systems at IIM Lucknow, will take charge as IIMA director on March 1, 2023.
Haroon Rasheed appointed as Chief Selector of Pakistan Cricket Board
- Shahid Afridi has been appointed as the interim head of the Pakistan Cricket Board after Rameez Raja stepped down in December.
- In this case, former player Haroon Rashid has been appointed as the new Chief Selector of the National Selection Committee of Pakistan Cricket.
Vijayanagara Empire Inscription was discovered in Udupi – Karnataka
- An inscription of the Vijayanagara Empire period has been found in the land behind the Saneeswaran temple in Mudanidampur village near Pannanje, Udupi district, Karnataka.
- The inscription was 4 feet high and one and a half feet wide. On the right side was the moon, on the left side was the sun, and in the middle was the Shiva lingam. And at the bottom was a figure carrying a sword and a shield and it belongs to Vijayanagara period.
Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) award 2023
- Happiest Minds Technologies received the prestigious Institute of the Chartered Accountants of India’s (ICAI) award for ‘Excellence in Financial Reporting for 2021-22′ in the Category VIII (A) –Service Sector (other than financial services sector) for FY 21-22.
- Power Finance Corporation Limited (PFC), a Maharatna CPSE and country’s leading NBFC in power sector, has been conferred with the prestigious Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) Gold Shield being a winner in the category ‘Public Sector Entities’ of ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 2021-22.
- Transport infrastructure consultancy, RITES Limited, has been awarded the ‘ICAI Award’ (Silver Shield) for Excellence in Financial Reporting 2021-22.
Architect and Padma Bhushan awardees Balkrishna Doshi passed away
- A great architect and Padma Bhushan recipient Balkrishna Doshi, died at 95 at his home in Ahmedabad on January 24, 2023.
- In 2018, he received the Pritzker Architecture Prize, considered one of the most prestigious prizes in the field of architecture, becoming the first Indian architect to receive the honor.
- He was conferred upon the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian honor in India, in 2020.
- In 2022, Doshi received the ‘Royal Gold Medal’ from the Royal Institute of British Architects.
National Voters Day
- National Voters Day 2023 is observed on 25th January 2023 in India, the day is observed to encourage the youth to participate in the vote in the electoral process and also focuses on the fact that the right to vote is a basic right.
- Theme for the year is ‘Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for Sure’