Daily Current Affairs 25th April 2023
SECI has recorded a 59% increase in renewable energy trading volume in the financial year 2022-23
- Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) has traded over 35BU (billion units), a 59% increase in its renewable energy trading volume in FY 2022-23 over the previous year. Similarly, e-commerce revenue has crossed Rs 10,000 crore for the first time since its inception.
- Commenting on the achievement, MD Suman Sharma said, “India is witnessing an energy transition towards sustainable sources at an unprecedented pace and SECI is striving to maximize its contribution to the country’s journey towards 500GW fossil fuel by 2030.
Sita Temple Special Stamp Issued in Sri Lanka
- Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka has an ancient Sita temple. Prime Minister Dinesh Gunawardene has released a special postage stamp commemorating this temple.
- He also laid the foundation stone of a meditation center at Ashokavan, the place where Ravana captured Sita. Indian Ambassador to Sri Lanka Gopal Bagle and many other high officials attended the event.
Noida Authority has increased land allotment rates by 10%
- Noida Authority has increased the allotment rates of residential, group houses and institutional plots from 6% to 10%.
- The decision to hike land charges was approved in a committee meeting of the authority chaired by the authority’s chairman and commissioner for infrastructure and industrial development Manoj Singh. This is the second time in eight months that the authority has revised land prices. Notably, in August last year, the quota rates were hiked by 20-30%.
Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the National Technology Center for Ports, Waterways and Coast Discovery Campus at Chennai
- The Discovery Campus of the National Technology Center for Ports, Waterways and Coasts was inaugurated in Chennai today by the Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways Shri Sarbananda Sonowal.
- The center aims to implement research and development for the maritime sector, enabling solutions to achieve the ultimate goal of building a strong maritime industry in the country.
Rajesh Kumar Singh has been appointed as new DPIIT secretary
- Senior IAS officer Rajesh Kumar Singh has been appointed as Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal.
- Earlier, RK Singh held the post of Secretary in Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
Poland’s Ika Swiatek-Stuttgart won the title
- Ika Sviatek defeated Arina Sabalenka to win the Stuttgart title.
- This is his second win. And it was Sabalenka’s third defeat in the finals in Stuttgart.
ATP Barcelona Open Tennis
- Carlos Alcaraz of Spain won the ATP Barcelona Open Cup by defeating Stephanos Tsitsipas of Greece.
- It was the 19-year-old’s third major title of the year and ninth of his career.
World Immunization Week
- World Immunization Week (WIW) is a global health event that is usually celebrated between the 24th and 30th of April every year in the last week.
- It aims to promote vaccine uptake and protect people of all ages from infectious diseases.