Daily Current Affairs 26th April 2023
The 6th edition of Advantage Healthcare India 2023 begins in New Delhi
- The sixth edition of the Advantage Healthcare India 2023 event begins on April 26 as a two-day event in New Delhi. The event is jointly organized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- It will showcase the potential of Indian companies to export medical and healthcare products to global markets. More than 150 exhibitors and foreign delegates from 70 countries will attend the summit.
Prime Minister laid foundation stones for Dadra Nagar Haveli and various projects in Daman and Diu.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for various projects worth Rs 4,800 crore in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Union Territories of Diu.
- The Prime Minister dedicates the Namo Institute of Medical Education and Research at Silvassa to the nation. He also inaugurates two state-of-the-art infrastructure projects ‘Devka Promenade and Seafront’ to promote tourism in Daman.
“Operation Kaveri” has been launched to evacuate 3,000 Indians from Sudan
- “Operation Kaveri” has been launched by the Government of India to save more than 3000 Indians stranded there due to the war in Sudan.
- The Government of India has deployed Super Hercules C-130J heavy lift aircraft at Jeddah Airport (Saudi Arabia) to rescue Indians stranded in Sudan.
The Ministry of I&B has organized the National Conference Monkeypad@100
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has organized a one-day national conference on Man Ki Baat in New Delhi on 26 April. The conference will be inaugurated by Vice President Jagdeep Dhankar in the presence of Minister Shri Anurag Thakur to mark the success of the Prime Minister’s monthly radio broadcast crossing 100 crores.
- About 100 esteemed citizens from different parts of the country, mentioned by the Prime Minister in various episodes of “Mann Ki Baat”, will also attend the event.
Narendra Modi inaugurated Kerala’s first Vande Bharat train service
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched Kerala’s first Vande Bharat train service.
- This train service will operate from Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod. It is to be noted that it will pass through 11 districts in Kerala.
Note: It may be noted that Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated India’s first water-based Metro in Cochin.
ITC has overtaken Infosys to become the 6th largest company in the country.
- ITC has overtaken Infosys’ market cap after recently overtaking HDFC Ltd in trading
- Last. As the stock crossed 412, ITC saw its market cap rank triple. It rose two points in the sessions.
- In the last one year, ITC has returned 61% and in the last three years 129%.It is noteworthy that it has also given income.
Science and Technology
A 900ft deep blue hole was recently discovered in Mexico
- The world’s second-deepest blue hole has been discovered off the coast of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula.
- The blue hole is located underwater in Sethumal Bay, about 900 feet (274 meters) deep and 147,000 square feet (13,660 square meters) in area.
“Mohammed Sahabuddin” sworn in as the new President of Bangladesh
- Mohammed Sahabuddin (age 73) was sworn in as the new President of Bangladesh. He was sworn in today as the 22nd President of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- Mohammad Sahabuddin took office as the new president (22nd) after Mohammad Abdul Hamid was the 21st President of Bangladesh.
Note: He is a former judge.
18th century Hero Stone finds near Thiruchuzhi in Tamil Nadu
- Veeran Nadukal was found dead after being bitten by a snake on the road from Paralachi to Perunazhi near Thiruchuzhi in Virudhunagar district.
- This Hero stone the image of the hero is designed in a bowed posture with ornaments and a heroic head on his feet. A serpent is writhing to the right of the hero’s head. Hence it is called as snakebite stone. It is noteworthy that this may be a Nayakar sculpture of the 18th century.
World Penguin Day
- World Penguin Day is celebrated on 25th April every year. The day aims to raise awareness of the threats and challenges facing penguins.
- Most penguins (frozen) live only in the southern hemisphere. Does not live to the Northern Hemisphere.
World Malaria Day
- World Malaria Day is observed on April 25 every year to commemorate global efforts to control malaria.
- The theme of World Malaria Day 2023 is: “Time to deliver zero malaria: invest, innovate, implement.”