Daily Current Affairs 22nd February 2023
IDEX and NAVDEX 2023
- IDEX/NAVDEX are two leading regional naval and defense exhibitions to be scheduled from February 20th to 24th in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- In that exhibition, INS Sumedha is to participate in the exhibition and it’s the third ship of the indigenously built Saryu class Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPV) and was commissioned into the Indian Navy on 07 Mar 2014.
- IDEX/NAVDEX is the leading international defense exhibition and conference in the Middle East and North Africa region, showcasing the latest technologies for land, sea, air and space applications.
- NAVDEX – Naval Defence Exhibition
- IDEX – International Defence Exhibition
India’s first indigenous Automatic Train Supervision (i-ATS) has been launched in Delhi
- DMRC and Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) have jointly developed India’s first Indigenous-Automatic Train Supervision (i-ATS) system has been launched by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- After France, Germany, Japan, Canada, and China, now India has also become the sixth country that has its own i-ATS products.
Gross Domestic Climate Risk released by Cross Dependency Initiative
- According to a ranking released by Cross Dependency Initiative, which specializes in climate risk analytics for companies, banks and regions created a high-emission scenario based on the data provided by the IPCC.
- According to the report published in the top 50 provinces facing climate risks 26 provinces in China, 9 in India, and 5 in the US are the highly risky zones.
|9 Regions in India|
The first vice-ministerial meeting of the I2U2 held in Abu Dhabi,UAE
- The first vice-ministerial meeting of the I2U2 in Abu Dhabi,UAE held from 20th -26th February 2023.
- The main objective of the initiative is security cooperation, technological hubs, food security, and other different energy fields.
- I2U2 is a joint initiative of India, Israel, the USA, and the UAE.
- I2 stands for Israel and India.
- U2 stands for USA and UAE.
India’s first semiconductor manufacturing unit to be built in Dholera of Gujarat
- The Vedanta group and the Foxconn of Taiwan join together to build India’s first semiconductor manufacturing unit in Dholera of Gujarat.
- Under the Gujarat Semiconductor Policy 2022-27 the plant is being constructed and the MoU to construct the semiconductor plant was signed in 2022.
Union minister launched the Learning-Teaching Material for Foundational Stages called ‘Jadui Pitara’
- Under the National Education Policy 2020, Learning-Teaching Material called ‘Jaadui Pitara’ has been launched by the union minister Dharmendra Pradhan for Foundational Stages in New Delhi.
- This is a unique initiative of the government available in 13 Indian languages, it is a play-based teaching-learning material designed for children in the age group of 3-8 years.
New CEO of Niti Aayog was appointed
- According to the announcement of the Appointments Committee, Former IAS officer BVR Subrahmanyam was appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of Niti Aayog.
- Subrahmanyam will take over from current CEO Parameswaran Iyer who will join World Bank as executive director in Washington DC. And his appointment is for two years from the date of assumption of the charge of the post.
New Secretary of the Central Bank of India was appointed
- Chandrakant Bhagwat was appointed as a Company Secretary State-owned Central Bank of India.
- Previously he was working in the Bank of Maharashtra, and also he had an experience of more than 10 years in the Legal and Secretarial area.
Indian Telephone Industries Limited CMD was appointed
- Rajesh Roy has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of ITI Limited, a PSU under the Department of Telecommunications (DoT).
- Now he is working as General Manager in Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL), and also he is appointed for a period of five years with effect from the date of his assumption of charge.
13th edition of the Sansad Ratna Award for the year 2023
- Prime Point Foundation and the Sansad Ratna Awards Committee have jointly organized the Sansad Ratna Awards for the past 13 years.
- According to the jury’s decision, 13 MPs, two Parliamentary Committees and one Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Awardee have been selected for the award in the year 2023.
|Sansad Ratna Awards winners 2023|
|Lok Sabha||Rajya Sabha||Two Parliamentary Committees|
|Shri Bidyut Baran Mahato (BJP, Jharkhand)||Dr. John Brittas(CPI-M, Kerala),||The Finance Committee (Lok Sabha Committee – Chairman – Shri Jayant Sinha, BJP, Jharkhand)|
|Dr. Sukanta Majumdar (BJP, West Bengal)||Dr. Manoj Kumar Jha(RJD, Bihar),||Transport, Tourism and Culture Committee (Rajya Sabha Committee – Chairman – Shri V. Vijayasai Reddy, YSR Congress, Andhra Pradesh)|
|Shri Kuldeep Rai Sharma(INC, Andaman Nicobar Islands)||Smt. Fauzia Tahseen Ahmed Khan(NCP, Maharashtra)||–|
|Dr Heena Vijayakumar Gavit(BJP, Maharashtra)||Shri Vishambhar Prasad Nishad(Samajwadi Party, UP)||–|
|Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury(INC, West Bengal)||Smt. Chhaya Verma(INC, Chhattisgarh)||–|
|Shri Gopal Chinayya Shetty(BJP, Maharashtra)||–||–|
|Shri Sudhir Gupta(BJP, Madhya Pradesh)||–||–|
|Dr. Amol Ramsing Kolhe(NCP, Maharashtra)||–||–|
|“Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Lifetime Achievement Award 2023”|
|The award is to honor veteran leaders for their contribution to Indian politics, the society and the people||Shri T K Rangarajan, (Former Rajya Sabha MP for two terms and a Senior CPIM Leader)|
Harmanpreet Kaur created a record for playing the most number of T20Is
- Indian women’s cricket team skipper Harmanpreet Kaur created a record for playing the most number of T20Is, The 33-year-old Harmanpreet became the first cricketer ever (men or women) to get to the milestone of 150 matches in the shortest duration of the time.
- Harmanpreet is followed by Team India captain Rohit Sharma – 148 T20I matches and former New Zealand Women captain Suzie Bates, – 143 T20Is.
Vignesh won the title of 80th Grand Master
- The 24th Northwest 2023 Chess Series was held in Germany and the final of the series was played between India’s Vignesh from Tamil Nadu and Germany’s LijaSnedir.
- Vignesh became India’s 80th Chess Grandmaster by winning the tournament, and he became Tamil Nadu’s 29th Chess Grandmaster.
- Currently, 29 out of 80 chess grandmasters in India are from Tamil Nadu.
|States||Number of Grandmasters|
International Shooting Sport Federation ISSF 2023
- The 2023 Shooting World Cup of the International Shooting Federation is underway in Cairo, Egypt. The competition was held for Rifle and Pistol categories.
- In that match
- Indian 10m Air Rifle Mixed team of Narmada Nithin Raju and Rudrankksh Balasaheb Patil
- In the 10m Air Pistol Mixed team Rhythm Sangwan and Varun Tomar have bagged the Gold medals.
- 19-year-old Varun also won bronze in the 10m Air Pistol Men event.
Former Gujarat governor Om Prakash Kohli passed away
- Veteran Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Former Gujarat governor Om Prakash Kohli passed away on 20th February 2023 at the age of 87.
- Kohli was the 19th governor of Gujarat from 2014 to 2019. He also served as governor of Madhya Pradesh and Goa.
World Thinking Day 2023
- World Thinking Day is also known as Thinking Day and is observed on 22 February every year by Girl Scouts and Girl Guides across 150 countries.
- The aim of Thinking Day is to bring together young people from across the world; the day has been observed since 1926 and is celebrated as a day of international friendship.