Daily Current Affairs 21st February 2023
India-Uzbekistan military training Exercise – DUSTLIK 2023
- The fourth edition of India-Uzbekistan military training Exercise DUSTLIK (2023) will be held from 21st February to 5th March, 2023 in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
- This joint exercise is aimed at enhancing military capability to undertake multi-domain operations in a Sub Conventional scenario under United Nations Mandate.
Union minister lays foundation stone for world’s largest and unique Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park in Maharashtra
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari today laid the Foundation Stone of the Divyang Park – Anubhuti Inclusive Park in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- This is the world’s first inclusive disabled park, a provision of about Rs 12 crore has been made by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, for this park being built in an area of 90 thousand square feet.
India has been elected chair of 62nd session of the UN Commission for Social Development
- India has been elected chair of the 62nd session of the UN Commission for Social Development (CSocD), Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, Ambassador Ruchira Kamboj accepted the chairpersonship at the UN Headquarters in New York.
- It chose Thomas Lammar of Luxembourg, Jon Ivanovski of North Macedonia, and Carla Mara Carlson of the Dominican Republic to serve as the 62nd sessions vice chairs.
18th edition of World Security Congress
- International Union of Railways (UIC) and Railway Protection Force (RPF) are coming together to organize the 18th World Security Congress in Jaipur from 21st to 23rd February 2023.
- Mr. Sanjay Chander, Director General, Railway Safety, will hold the post of Chairman of the International Railway Association Safety Platform from July 2022 to July 2024.
- The 18th edition of the Congress, centered on the theme of “Railway Security Strategy: Responses and Vision for Future”.
- Previously, in 2006 and 2015, RPF India had successfully organized and hosted the International UIC World Security Congress in New Delhi.
3rd phase of Sagar Parikrama started from Hazira Port in Gujarat
- Union Minister Parshottam Rupala unveils 3rd phase of Sagar Parikrama from Hazira Port in Gujarat on 19th February 2023 – 21 February 2023, the journey focuses on sustainable balance between the utilization of marine fisheries resources for the food security of the nation.
- The main objectives of Sagar Parikrama are to disseminate information on various fisheries-related schemes and programs being implemented by the government, promoting responsible fisheries, protecting marine ecosystems, and demonstrating solidarity with all fisher folk and concerned stakeholders.
49th Khajuraho Dance Festival to begin in Madhya Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Mangubhai Patel will inaugurate the 49th ‘Khajuraho Dance Festival-2023’ from 20th – 26th February 2023.
- Choreo Lab-Laya Pravah workshop organized under the World Dance Alliance focuses on defining dance in contemporary perspective. Artists from six countries, including India, attend the workshop.
First State-Level ‘Shrimp Mela’ was organized by Punjab Government
- Punjab Government has organized its first state-level ‘Prawn Fair’ (Shrimp mela) held at the farmers’ training center at Enakhera village.
- This “Prawn Fair” or Shrimp mela is an effort of the state government to create awareness about shrimp farming.
- Shrimp farming is an aquaculture-based activity in marine or freshwater to produce shrimp for human consumption.
Union minister inaugurated the first phase of ‘Shiv Srishti’ theme park at Maharashtra
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the first phase of ‘Shiv Srishti’, a theme park based on the life of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in Pune, Maharashtra, there are four phases of ‘Shiva Srishti’ has made planning to be constructed.
- In the first phase, an effort has been made to preserve many incidents of Shivaji Maharaj’s life that have been preserved in 3D at a cost of Rs 60 crore. The Ministry of MSME organizes a National Seminar and Exhibition.
The first G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meeting will be held in Bangalore
- 2nd G20 Finance and Central Bank Deputies (FCBD) on 22nd February, 2023, followed by this 1st G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting under the G20 Indian Presidency is scheduled during 24th-25th February 2023.
- The Meeting will focus on the issues such as strengthening multilateral development banks to address shared global challenges of the 21st century, financing for resilient.
Real-time Payment Systems Linkage between the India and Singapore to be launched
- Cross-border connectivity between the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) of India and PayNow of Singapore to be launched on February 21, 2023.
- The linkage of these two payment systems would enable residents of both countries in faster and cost-efficient transfer of cross-border remittances. Especially Indian Diaspora in Singapore, migrant workers and students through instantaneous and low cost transfer of money from Singapore to India.
India’s National Ambassador of child rights of UNICEF has been appointed
- Ayushmann Khurrana will represent UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), Prior to 2020, Ayushmann worked as a Celebrity Advocate for UNICEF India to stop violence against children.
- And also he will work with UNICEF to guarantee every child’s rights to life, health, and protection while also fostering their voice and agency in matters that affect them.
A new CEO of Oxford University Hospitals was appointed
- Meghana Pandit, has been appointed as a new CEO of Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and she becomes the trust’s first female CEO.
- Ms. Pandit trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in the Oxford Deanery and was Visiting Lecturer in Urogynaecology at the University of Michigan in the U.S, Ms. Pandit, who was serving as the interim CEO at Oxford University Hospitals (OUH) since July 2022.
Science and Technology
India’s first hybrid rocket launched from Mamallapuram,Tamil Nadu
- India’s first hybrid rocket was launched from Pattipulam village in Mamallapuram, Chengalpattu district in Tamilnadu.
- It is reported that information such as weather, radiation characteristics, and atmospheric conditions can be obtained through this satellite.
National Geographic’s ‘Pictures of the year’ award- 2023
- National Geographic recently unveiled the winners of its annual Pictures of The Year awards. and the picture will be the cover-page of National Geographic’s May edition.
- In that category Karthik Subramaniam, a San Francisco-based software engineer of Indian origin has been named the grand prize winner for his photo titled “Dance of the Eagles” which was captured at the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve in Alaska.
Ranji Cup Cricket Tournament
- Ranji Trophy Is an Annual First Class cricket Championship. It is played in India between different teams representing various regions and states in the cricket association. The Ranji trophy was founded by the BCCI board of control for cricket in India.
- The final match was held between Saurashtra and Bengal in that match Saurashtra won the Bengal by 9 wickets and won the championship trophy for the 2nd time.
Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championship 2023
- The third edition of the Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships which was held at the Dubai Exhibition Centre in the United Arab Emirates from 14 to 19 February 2023.
- In the mixed team championship
- China became the winner and won the gold medal.
- South Korea became the runner-up and won the Silver medal.
- India and Thailand shared third place and won the Bronze medal.
- Ibrahim-Moustafa Tournament will take place at Alexandria in Egypt from 23rd to 26th February 2023,
- The 43 -member squad, including 27 wrestlers, has given permission to the Ministry of Youth Welfare and Sports to participate in the 2nd rankings Series of ‘Ibrahim-Moustafa’ tournament.
Highest international run scorers List
- India won the 2nd Test against Australia by 6 wickets.
- And from this test, Virat Kohli made him the fastest player to cross 25,000 runs in international cricket and he secured the 6th rank in the list of highest international run scorers.
- Highest international run scorer
- Sachin – 34357 runs
- Sangakkara – 28016 runs
- Ponting – 27483 runs
- Jayawardene – 25957 runs
- Kallis – 25534 runs
- Kohli – 25012 runs
International Mother Language Day
- International Mother Language Day is observed annually every year on 21 February, and it was declared to be the International Mother Language Day by UNESCO in 1999 and observed throughout the world since 21 February 2000.
- The day is to promote awareness of linguistic and cultural diversity and to promote multilingualism.
- The theme of the year is “Multilingual education – a necessity to transform education.
37th Statehood day of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram
- Mizoram was the 23rd state of India and Arunachal Pradesh became the 24th state of India on February 20, 1987.
- With the 53rd Amendment Act of the Indian Constitution, 1986 the states are formed. In the year 2023 it’s the 37th Statehood day.