Daily Current Affairs 15 February 2023
Union Government launches the “Khanan Prahari Mobile app” to curb Illegal Mining
- The Government of India has launched a mobile app named as “KhananPrahari” and web app Coal Mine Surveillance and Management System (CMSMS) for reporting unauthorized coal mining activities so that monitoring and taking suitable action on it can be done by concerned Law & Order enforcing authority.
- The objective of development and launching of this CMSMS application was to detect citizens’ participation against illegal mining and to reduce the illegal mining.
Saudi Arabia is set to send a woman scientist to space for the first time
- It has been reported that the government of Saudi Arabia, an Islamic country that has different rules for women, is currently planning to send Rayana Barnawi, a female astronaut, into space for the first time.
- In the name of “Vision 2030” launched in the year 2022 in Saudi Arabia, the government is implementing various modernization projects in the country. Based on this, for the first time, the first female astronaut from Saudi Arabia, 4 people including a male astronaut from a fellow country, are planning to travel to the International Space Center in 2023 by AS-2 spacecraft.
Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy 2023
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Stalin released the revised Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy 2023 on February 14, aimed at increasing the uptake of electric vehicles and strengthening the supply, demand/utilities and ecosystem.
- The revised Tamil Nadu Electric Vehicle Policy 2023 aims to generate investments of Rs 50 thousand crores and create 1.50 lakh jobs in the electric vehicle manufacturing sector.
Union Health Ministry organized a Cyclathon in New Delhi
- Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare organized a Cyclathon at Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), New Delhi on 14th February 2023.
- Cyclathon conducted with the theme, ‘Cycle for Health’, aims to promote and enhance awareness surrounding healthy living, and also these activities are being done as part of the ongoing “Swastha Mann, Swastha Ghar” year-long campaign launched in November 2022.
National Aadi Mahotsav 2023 held in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the national Aadi Mahotsav at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, New Delhi on 16th February 2023.
- Aadi Mahotsav is a major platform to promote the tribal products into national and international markets, The concept of organizing Aadi Mahotsav in major cities has been organised for tribal artisans by eliminating the middleman and providing direct access to large markets.
- One thousand tribal artisans and artists from 28 States and Union Territories will take part in the festival.
Annual meeting of River Cities Alliance (RCA) was held in Pune – DHARA 2023
- DHARA is the annual meeting of the members of the River Cities Alliance (RCA), is being organized by the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in association with National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) from 13th to 14th February in Pune.
- RCA was launched in 2021 as a dedicated platform for river cities across India to discuss & exchange information for sustainable management of urban rivers.
- DHARA 2023 will provide a platform for senior officials including Commissioners, Additional Commissioners, Chief Engineers and Senior Planners of the 95-member river cities in India to co-learn and discuss solutions for managing local water bodies.
NTPC organizes the International Operations & Maintenance Conference held at Raipur
- Indian Power Stations 2023, International Operations & Maintenance Conference or IPS 2023 is being organized at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Auditorium at Raipur, Chhattisgarh on 13th to 15th February 2023.
- Theme of the conference is “Strategies for reliable and sustainable power generation in changing energy scenarios”.
- In the conference
- NTPC Vindhyachal received the Overall Excellence award
- NTPC Korba received the First Runner-Up award
- NTPC Talcher Kaniha received the Second Runner-Up award
Financial Literacy Week 2023
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has been conducting Financial Literacy Week (FLW) every year from 2016 onwards.
- In order to improve financial literacy includes learning the skills to create a budget, track expenses, and learn the strategies to pay off debt.
- Theme for the Financial Literacy Week (FLW) in 2023 is “Good Financial Behaviour – Your Saviour”.
New president and vice president of Council of ICAI was appointed
- Aniket Sunil Talati appointed as the president of ICAI, while Ranjeet Kumar Agarwal appointed as a vice president in Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) for the 2023-24 term.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) Established on 1st July 1949 and has a Headquarters in New Delhi.
First Hindu Assistant Commissioner was appointed in Attock District, Punjab Province, Pakistan
- Sana Ramchand Gulwani, the first Hindu woman, has been appointed as the Assistant Commissioner and Administrator of Hasanabdal Town in Attock District, Punjab, Pakistan.
- She has joined PAS (equivalent to IAS in India) after clearing the CSS exam in 2020. She was the first Hindu woman to crack the CSS exam after the partition of Pakistan.
- Sana Ramchand Gulwani hails from Shikarpur, Sindh, Pakistan. He also holds a degree in medicine.
Global Best M-GOV Awards
- World Government Summit-2023 held in Dubai, in that summit Niyati Totala and Neel Kalpeshkumar Parikh of The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore were awarded AED 1 million and also won the prestigious gold medal.
- These students were the creators of the ‘Blockbill’ app. Block Bill are a block chain-based receipt generation app that generates digital receipts for all of its users’ transaction.
- The “M-Gov Award” and the “GovTech Award” are annual awards organized by the UAE government as part of the World Government Summit. and also these awards are designed to encourage pioneering students, researchers, government agencies & institutions etc.
Bangladesh government awarded ‘Ekushey Padak’
- The government of Bangladesh has announced the names of 19 individuals and two institutions for the award of ‘Ekushey Padak’, the second-highest civilian award of Bangladesh.
- The Ekushey Padak is awarded under various categories such as the contribution to the language movement, Liberation War, art and culture, journalism and social service among others.
- The recipients are given a certificate, gold medal and cash award of Taka 4 lakh rupees.
Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships 2023
- The third edition of the Badminton Asia Mixed Team Championships, scheduled to be held at the Dubai Exhibition Centre in United Arab Emirates from 14 to 19 February 2023.
- It was organized by Badminton Asia and the United Arab Emirates Badminton Federation. There are 16 teams divided into 4 divisions in the tournament.
YAI Sailing Championship 2023
- YAI Sailing Championship 2023 was hosted by Army Yachting Node, Mumbai at Girgaum Chowpatty from 07 February to 13 February 2023.
- Nearly 189 Participants from 16 different clubs from all over the country participated in the week-long event. There was the introduction and participation of Formula Kite for the first time in the country.
|Name of the Sport||Gold||Silver||Bronze|
|ILCA 4 Girls||Neha Thakur (NSS Bhopal)||Pearl Colvalcar (CESC)||Divyanshi Mishra (NSS Bhopal)|
|RS:X Women||Ishwarya Ganesh (TNSA)||Vidyanshi Mishra (NSS Bhopal)||–|
|ILCA 6||Nethra Kumanan (TNSA)||Ritika Dangi (NSS Bhopal)||Capt Sonal Goel (AYN)|
|iQ Foil Women||Katya Coelho (GYA)||–|
|49er||KC Ganapathy and Varun Thakar (TNSA)||Anand Thakur and Satyam Rangad (INWTC Mbi)||Prince Noble and Mannu Francis (AYN)|
|49er FX||Harshita Tomar and Shital Verma (NSS Bhopal)||–||–|
|470 mixed class||Uma Chouhan (NSS Bhopal) and CHS Reddy (AYN)||Kongara Preethi (YCH) & Sudhanshu Shekhar (INWTC Mbi)||Shraddha Verma and RK Sharma (INWTC Mbi)|
|Formula Kite||Chitresh Tatha (TNSA)||Ashish S Roy (AYN)||–|
|ILCA 4 Boys||Adhvait Menon (INWTC Mandovi)||Ekalavya Batham (NSS Bhopal)||Akshat Kumar (NSS Bhopal)|
|RS:X Men||Hav Ebad Ali (AYN)||Sep Ved Pathak (AYN)||Hav Mithlesh (EMESA)|
|iQ Foil Men||Nb Sub Jerome kumar (AYN)||Dayne Coelho (GYA)||Saurabh Kumar (AYN)|
|Nacra 17||Doiphode and Ramya Sarvanan (AYN)||Ekta Yadav (NSS Bhopal) and Karthik (AYN)||Lt Cdr Praveen Prabhakar (INWTC Mbi) and Jayalaxmi (TNSA)|
|ILCA 7||Sub Vishnu Sarvanan (AYN)||Hav Mohit Saini (AYN)||Hav Gitesh (AYN)|
World Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day
- World Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day is observed every year on February 14.
- Every year, thousands of people lose their lives as a result of congenital heart defects, which are fatal conditions, so the day is observed to raise awareness of congenital heart defects.