Daily Current Affairs 12th February 2023
ICAO Aviation Safety Oversight Rating
- ICAO Integrated Verification Mission (ICVM) was conducted in India from November 9 to November 16, 2022 in five areas under the continuous monitoring approach of the Universal Safety Oversight Audit Program (USOAP).
- Indian civil aviation system ranking has moved up from 112th to 55th rank.
India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2023
- The India-ASEAN Digital Ministers Meeting was virtually held in New Delhi. The main theme of the meeting was “Synergy towards a Sustainable Digital Future”.
- The main objective of the meeting was to enhance the strength between India and ASEAN in the field of IT, And also the capacity building and knowledge sharing in emerging areas in the field of Information and Communication Technologies such as Artificial Intelligence in Cyber Security.
India Navy’s first indigenously developed ACTCM Barge launched
- Indian Navy’s Captain Prashant Saxena AWPS (Mbi) launched an Ammunition Cum Torpedo Cum Missile (ACTCM) Barge,Yard 125 (LSAM 15) and its launched at M/s Suryadipta Projects Pvt Ltd in Thane on February 10, 2023.
- The ACTCM Barge has been equipped with auxiliary systems developed by indigenous manufacturers; the Barge has been constructed with a service life of 30 years.
12th World Hindi Conference to be held in Fiji
- The World Hindi Conference will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Fiji Sitiveni Rabuka, and is being organized by the Ministry of External Affairs in association with the Government of Fiji.
- The three-day 12th World Hindi Conference will be held in Fiji from the 15th of February 2023, the main theme of the conference is “Hindi – Traditional Knowledge to Artificial Intelligence”.
World Government Summit 2023
- The World Government Summit 2023 is set to begin on February 13th in Dubai, The Summit will be held under the theme of “Shaping Future Governments”.
- The summit aims to drive positive change and to promote innovation in the public sector by exploring new ideas, technologies, and best practices in governance.
BPCL launches EV Fast Charging Highway Corridor on Delhi – Jalandhar Highway
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) launched the Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Highway Corridor on the Delhi – Jalandhar National Highway on 11th February 2023.
- The 750 Km long segment of NH-44 is the fourth such Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Corridor in the country, with fast charging stations at roughly every 100 Kms on both sides of the highway.
- Chennai-Trichy-Madurai, Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Coorg were the first three Electric Vehicle Fast Charging Corridors set up by BPCL.
2nd Indian Rice Congress
- President Smt Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the 2nd Indian Rice Congress at ICAR-National Rice Research Institute, Cuttack on 11th February 2023.
- In that congress ICAR-NRRI has developed and released India’s first high protein rice, called CR Dhan 310 and NRRI has also released a high-zinc rice variety, called CR Dhan 315.
Chief Electoral Officer of Jammu & Kashmir was appointed
- Jammu and Kashmir Government appointed senior IAS officer Pandurang Kondbarao Pole as the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) and Commissioner Secretary in the election department.
- Kondbarao Pole has been appointed following the transfer of the previous Chief Electoral Officer, Hardesh Kumar.
New Director of India’s Ministry of Health & Family Affairs was appointed
- According to an order issued from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) Priyadarshika Srivastava (IRS) has been appointed as Director in the Ministry of Health & Family Affairs, Government of India.
- Srivastava is an Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer of the 2009 batch has been appointed to the post under the Central Staffing Scheme for a period of five years.
New Director (HR) of ONGC was appointed
- The Public Enterprise Selection Board (PESB) selected Manish Patil for the post of Director (Human Resources), Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited.
- Patil has been appointed as the new director succeeding Dr. Alka Mittal who retired in 2022, currently, he is working as Executive Director, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
Army chief General Manoj Pande released the book ‘Savdhaan: A Chronicle of Central Command’
- The book has been authored by Central Command chief Lt Gen Vivek Kassyap and Vikram D Souza and designed and published by the Times Group, and released by Army chief General Manoj Pande.
- The book explains the heritage and defining moments in the evolution of the Surya Command, and also the book shows the unique status of the Central Command in the Army, its role and growing importance over the past 60 years.
Asian Indoor Athletics Championships 2023
- Asian Indoor Athletics Championships 2023 held in Astana, Kazakhstan which begins on 10th February 2023.
- The Asian Indoor Athletics Championships, running since 2004, is a biennial competition organized by the Asian Athletics Association.
- In that match, the Asian Games champion.
|Medal||Shot Put||Pentathlon||Men’s Triple jump|
|Gold||Tajinderpal Singh Toor (19.49m)||Ekaterina Voronina (4386 pts)||Fang Yaoqing (17.20m)|
|Silver||Karanveer Singh (19.37m)||Swapna Barman (4119 pts)||Praveen Chithravel (16.98m)|
For the first time in India Formula E championship held in Hyderabad
- Formula E is an electric car race. This year (2023) Formula E championship is to be held in Hyderabad. This is the first time the race is held in India.
- The first Formula E championship was held in Beijing in 2014. And it was started in 2011 in Paris.
Khelo India Youth Games 2023
- The fifth edition of India’s government’s Khelo India youth games was held from January 30 to February 11, 2023.
- Number of the winners list
|Rank||State||Gold Medals||Silver Medals||Bronze Medals||Total Medals|
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2023
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science is observed every year on February 11 to recognize the significant contribution that women make to the fields of science and technology.
- The theme for the 8th International Day of Women and Girls in Science is “Innovate. Demonstrate. Elevate. Advance (IDEA): Bringing communities Forward for sustainable and equitable development”.
National Productivity Day 2023
- The National Productivity Day is observed in India on 12th February 2023.
- The main aim of this day is to generate awareness of people towards enhancing quality, efficiency and competitiveness in their daily productivity levels to make the Indian economy strong and competitive in the world.
- Theme of the year is “A Chance to Set Goals”.