Daily Current Affairs 11th February 2023
National Philatelic Exhibition – AMRITPEX 2023
- Union minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw will inaugurate the National Philatelic Exhibition – AMRITPEX 2023 at Pragati Maidan on 11th February 2023.
- AMRITPEX 2023, National Philatelic Exhibition organized by the Department of Posts under the Ministry of Communications will showcase India’s rich culture, heritage and history through stamps. The event will take place from 11-15 February 2023.
- During this five-day exhibition, AMRITPEX 2023 will also host several Workshops, Panel Discussions, Interactive Installations, and cultural programs have been planned to connect the younger generation with India’s ancient history, legacy and culture through stamps.
India’s largest musical floating fountain
- India’s largest musical floating fountain inaugurated by Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) at Hussain Sagar Lake.
- According to HMDA, the unique floating fountain is 180 meters long, 10 meters wide and 90 meters high. It has been built at a cost of 17 crore rupees. All the nozzles and the jets of the fountain are programmed through the DMX controller and synchronized with music.
Global Quality Infrastructure Index (GQII)
- The GQII ranks the 184 economies in the world on the basis of the quality infrastructure (QI).
- The GQII measures the relative development of countries’ QI. A formula calculates a score for each country based on its position in the sub-rankings for metrology, standards and accreditation.
- Countries in the list are
|Country Name||GQII Rank||Metrology Rank||Standardization Rank||Accreditation Rank|
Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Uttar Pradesh Global Investors Summit 2023 in Lucknow on 10th February 2023.
- And also modi inaugurated the Global Trade Show and launched Invest UP 2.0 during the programme. This event will bring together policymakers, industry leaders, academia, think tanks and leaders from across the world to collectively explore business opportunities and forge partnerships.
PM Modi started the two Vande Bharat trains in Mumbai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off two Vande Bharat trains in Mumbai on 10th February 2023. The two trains are Mumbai-Solapur Vande Bharat, Mumbai-Sainagar Shirdi Vande Bharat; they would be the first intra-state and country’s 9th and 10th Vande Bharat trains.
- And also he dedicated two road projects to the nation – the Santacruz Chembur Link Road and Kurar underpass project to ease road traffic congestion and streamline the movement of vehicles in Mumbai.
The most valuable metal Lithium found in Jammu & Kashmir
- In a highly valuable metal Lithium reserves have been found for the first time in the country, in Reasi district of Jammu division. Around 5.9 million tonnes Lithium found in Jammu & Kashmir
- Lithium blocks are rare and much in demand globally for electric batteries. Lithium is a non-ferrous metal and is one of the key components in rechargeable batteries for mobile phones, laptops, digital cameras and electric vehicles.
G20 Food festival to be organized by New Delhi Municipal Council
- New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) will organize a series of food festivals from February 11, 2023 at Talkatora Stadium in New Delhi.Around 5.9 million tonnes of Lithium found in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The two-day festival is conducted based on the themes of ‘Taste the World’ and ‘International Year of Millets’. In the festival nearly 43 food stalls from India and guest countries are being set-upped in the festival.
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Launches Hello Ujjivan
- Hello Ujjivan India’s first mobile banking application with 3 V’s – voice, visual, vernacular-enabled features – to provide banking access to individuals who have limited reading and writing skills.
- The app is accessible by voice in eight regional languages. Users can speak to the app to perform banking transactions and access services such as paying loan EMIs, opening FD and RD accounts, transferring funds and more.
Rajiv Kumar appointed as Director of BSNL
- The Central Government on Thursday approved the appointment of Rajiv Kumar for the post of Director (Finance) of BSNL Limited, a PSU under the Department of Telecommunications.
- Rajiv was recommended for the post of Director (Finance) of BSNL Limited by the PESB panel. He was recommended for the post from a list of three candidates who were interviewed for the post.
Two new judges appointed in Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court appointed two new judges namely Justices Rajesh Bindal and Aravind Kumar on 10th February 2023.
- On January 31, the Collegium recommended that Justice Rajesh Bindal, Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court and Justice Aravind Kumar, Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court for appointment as judges of the Supreme Court.
- After the two new appointments, judges in the Supreme Court increased to 34 numbers.
Private Secretary of Home Affairs and Cooperation Minister was appointed
- Niraj Kumar Bansod (IAS) was appointed as a Private Secretary to the Minister for Home Affairs and Cooperation Amit Shah after the approval of the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- According to an order issued from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Bansod has been appointed to the post for a period up to September 29, 2027.
- Bansod is a 2008-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Chhattisgarh cadre. Presently, he is serving as Director in the Cabinet Secretariat.
A Chola inscription with a tiger symbol has been discovered for the first time at Hosur in Tamil Nadu
- Several new inscriptions have been discovered in the Ossur Chandrasudeswarar temple, among them a Chola inscription with a tiger symbol.
- This is the first tiger symbol of Tamil Nadu with Chola’s famous poems i.e.(Mei keerthi). Therefore, this discovery can play an important role in the historical study of Chola and can attract the attention of historians.
- It is the second tiger symbol discovered in Tamil Nadu after Panneeswaramadam.
Science and Technology
NASA planning to launch MARS Mission
- NASA is planning a new space mission to Mars in collaboration with founder Jeff Bezos’ privately-funded aerospace manufacturer Blue Origin.
- The American government agency has given the contract for the Escape and Plasma Acceleration and Dynamics Explorers (ESCAPADE) to the rocket New Glenn, a heavy-lift orbital launch vehicle developed by Blue Origin. And is expected to launch the mission in 2024.
UNESCO Peace prize award
- Germany’s former chancellor Angela Merkel received a UN peace prize award.
- The award honors Merkel for her work in 2015-2016 to welcome refugees fleeing conflicts in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Eritrea.
Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award
- Veteran journalist A.B.K. Prasad has been chosen for the prestigious Raja Ram Mohan Roy National Award for excellence in journalism.
- A.B.K. Prasad ‘s journalistic career is spread over 75 years and has the singular honour of being the editor of all the mainstream journals of Andhra Pradesh. He has also served as the Chairman, Official Language Commission during the period 2004 to 2009 in the united Andhra Pradesh.
World Day of the Sick
- World Day of the Sick is an annual event that takes place on February 11th.
- It was instituted by Pope John Paul II in 1992 to offer comfort and support to those who are ill and raise awareness about the difficulties faced by people with illness and disabilities.
- The World Day of the Sick 2023 theme is “standing beside those who suffer on a path of charity”.