Daily Current Affairs 10th February 2023
Union Minister launches ‘Digital Payments Utsav’ to promote Digital Payments across country
- Electronics and Information Technology and Communications Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw will launch the ‘Digital Payments Utsav’ in New Delhi on 09th February 2023.
- The event will have the release of a G-20 co-branded QR code and the event for the promotion of Digital Payments across the country, with particular focus on G-20 Digital Economy Working Group event cities, namely Lucknow, Hyderabad, Pune and Bangalore.
Union Minister inaugurates Mission Antyodaya Survey 2022-23
- Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh inaugurated the Mission Antyodaya Survey (MAS) 2022-23 in New Delhi.
- The survey aims to lend support to the process of participatory planning for the Gram Panchayat Development Plan which will improve service delivery, enhance citizenship and improve governance at the local level, and also to transform lives and livelihoods of people to measurable outcomes through convergence of various schemes.
- The Department of Rural Development has been conducting the Mission Antyodaya Survey across all Gram Panchayats in the country since 2017-18.
Defence Ministry signed a contract with L&T for the procurement of 41 modular bridges
- The Ministry of Defence on February 8 inked a contract with Larsen & Toubro (L&T) for the purchase of 41 indigenous modular bridges for the Corps of Engineers of the Indian Army, valued at over Rs 2,585 crore.
- The indigenously designed and manufactured modular bridges shall have many advantages over the Medium Girder Bridge (MGB) such as increased span, less time for construction and mechanical launching with retrieval capability.
India’s sixth flight under “Operation Dost” reaches earthquake-hit Turkey
- The deadly earthquakes occurred on February 6, 2023 and the death toll in Turkey and adjoining Syria has crossed 15,000 lives in both countries.
- India is providing assistance to Turkey under the mission ‘Operation Dost’, – has been set up at Iskenderun, Hatay province in Turkey by the Indian Army.
- The sixth plane from India carrying rescue personnel, essentials and medical equipment for earthquake relief efforts reached Turkey on 9th February 2023.
Digital library project with video and audio has been set up For the first time in Tamil Nadu
- In order to stimulate interest in book reading in order to continue the prison library program, a digital library program has been started in Madurai Central Jail using modern technology for the first time in Madurai Central Jail via cable with audio and video facility.
- Advocates, Private organizations and individuals continue to donate books as much as they can to promote this project.
Uttar Pradesh government launched the portal for ‘Family ID – One Family One Identity’ scheme
- The Uttar Pradesh government has launched the portal for the creation of ‘Family ID – One Family One Identity’, to identify families as a unit for implementing the ‘one job per family’ proposal.
- The database entered in the portal will be helpful in better management of beneficiary schemes, timely targeting, and transparent operation, giving 100 percent benefit of the scheme to eligible people and simplification of government facilities for the general public.
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival held in Mumbai
- The Asia’s biggest multicultural festival called Kala Ghoda Arts Festival celebrated in Mumbai began on 4th February and will go on till 12th February 2023.
- The theme for this year – ‘Past Forward’ is centered on celebrating the past while embracing the future, and also brings a range of exciting events, workshops, heritage walks etc.
MobiKwik becomes India’s first app to support credit cards on UPI
- India’s leading fintech, MobiKwik has become the first fintech apps to support RuPay Credit Cards on UPI. And this becomes the new level of convenience to the millions of Indians who use UPI for their daily transactions.
- With RuPay Credit Cards now linked directly to UPI IDs, MobiKwik’s customers can easily make payments to merchants by scanning the UPI QR code and using UPI PIN for payment authentication.
Inflation rate in Egypt has risen to 26.5 percent
- The country’s statistics office reported that the Inflation rate rose in Egypt in January 2023, with annual inflation now at 26.5 percent.
- Egypt’s inflation increased from 21.9 percent in December 2022 to 26.5 percent in January this year (2023). And before the start of the Russia-Ukraine war, Egypt’s inflation was 8 percent in January 2022.
4000 years old rock carvings have been found in the Kalvarayan hill area in Kallakurichi district, Tamilnadu
- 4,000-year-old rock carvings were discovered by historians at Thanimaduvu in Thumbarampattu village within the Kalvarayanmalai circle of Kallakurichi district.
- These carvings show animals like cow,deer,pig,dog etc.,near them human figure with bow and arrow in hand and some human figure without weapons.
- These carvings depict the living environment of a hunter-gatherer and Neolithic herding society.
2200 year old Tamil inscription discovered in Madurai-Tamil Nadu
- In Thiruparankundram Cave, Madurai, there are many karpadukas and 3 Tamil inscriptions of 1st century BC and 1st AD, one Tamil inscription about 2200 years old has been newly discovered by archeologists.
- This inscription consists of 2 lines, the second line is a continuation of the first line and the letters ‘யாரஅதிறஈத்த/////வதர‘, and the number 5 is set in the inscription at a slight angle to indicate the five karpadukhas cut in the cave.
Science and Technology
SSLV ISRO plans to launch 2 rockets
- The SSLV-2 rocket launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Launch Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on February 10, 2023.
- ISRO launched SSLV-01 in August 2022 following the failure of its small satellite-carrying rocket, SSLV-2 will be launched.
- Earth observation satellites EOS 07 and Azadi Sat-2 are reported to be carrying Janus-1 satellites.
ATMA Lifetime Achievement Award
- MRF Ltd. Chairman and Managing Director K.M.Mammen received the ATMA Lifetime Achievement Award at the Automotive Tyre Manufacturers’ Association (ATMA) Annual Conclave 2023 held in New delhi.
- He received the award for making the achievement that has brought MRF to the milestone of over INR 19,000 crore earnings, and also for his distinctive and outstanding leadership qualities, invaluable contribution.
Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2023
- The Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2023 between India and Australia will starts on 9 February 2023. Nagpur (from February 9), Delhi (from February 17), Dharamsala (from March 1), and Ahmedabad (from March 9) will be hosting the four Tests of the series.
- The competition was renamed the Border-Gavaskar Trophy in 1996 to celebrate the record-breaking achievements of cricket legends Sunil Gavaskar of India and former Australia captain Allan Border.
World Pulses Day 2023
- World Pulses Day is an annual event celebrated on February 10th to raise awareness about the nutritional and environmental benefits of pulses.
- The goal of this day is to promote the use of pulses as a sustainable food source and highlight their importance for a healthy diet and a healthy planet.
- In the year 2023 theme of the day is “Pulses for a Sustainable Future”