Daily Current Affairs 14th February 2023
1st Agriculture Deputies Meeting (ADM):
- Indore is ready to host the 1st Agriculture Deputies Meeting (ADM) of Agriculture Working Group (AWG) under India’s G20 Presidency from 13th to 15th February
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan inaugurated the exhibition on the first day of the three-day meeting. Millets and its value-added food products along with stalls from Animal Husbandry and Fisheries will be a major attraction of this exhibition.
Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG) Meeting
- As part of India’s Presidency of the G20, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is hosting the first Digital Economy Working Group (DEWG) meeting in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh from 13 February to 15 February 2023.
- The Digital Economy Working Groups will also have three more physical events at Hyderabad, Pune, and Bengaluru in April, June and August respectively.
Mohammad Shahabuddin Chuppu will be sworn in as the next president of Bangladesh.
- Former judge Mohammad Shahabuddin Chuppu is set to become Bangladesh’s 22nd president after the ruling Awami League, which holds a majority in parliament, nominated him for the top post.
- He will replace President Mohammad Abdul Hamid, whose tenure ends on April 24.
Nicos Christodoulides has been elected as the new President of Cyprus.
- In Cyprus, former foreign minister Nicos Christodoulits is set to become the country’s next president.
- According to official results, Mr. Christodoulits won with nearly 52 percent of the vote.
India tops Singapore,and Indonesia in Fintech study
- In a report released by the Robocash Group, India emerged as the top country in a fintech study conducted among nine South and Southeast Asian countries.
- India topped several categories including the highest amount of funds raised and total revenue.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a section of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway, which is being built at a cost of Rs 1.03 lakh crore, to connect 6 states of the country. It is the longest expressway in the country.
- PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for highway projects worth Rs 18,100 crore in Rajasthan.
14th Edition of Aero India 2023
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 14th edition of Aero India 2023 at Air Force Station, Yelahanka in Bengaluru today.
- The theme of Aero India 2023 is “The Runway to a Billion Opportunities”.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023
- The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2023 was inaugurated by the Governor of Maharashtra, Bhagat Singh Koshyari, at Azad Maidan.The festival was held at Azad Maidan, Churchgate, Mumbai, from 11th to 19th February 2023.
- The Mahotsav is being organized by the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India to promote National Unity and integrity through cultural exchange.
A MoU was signed between the Tamil Nadu Government and Nissan.
- A MoU was signed between the Tamil Nadu Government and Nissan in Chennai in the presence of Chief Minister M. K. Stalin.
- The Renault-Nissan alliance has announced an investment of ₹5,300 crores in Chennai and plans to manufacture six new models at a plant near Chennai.
Coal Ministry to Organize East Zonal Conference on PM- Gati shakti in Bhubaneswar
- The Ministry of Coal will be organizing the East Zonal Conference on PM-Gatishakti & National Logistic Policy in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on 16th of this month for coordination in integrated planning for infrastructure development in East Zonal States – Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Bihar.
- The conference aims to have in-depth discussions and suggestions for inclusive development of the region.
India’s first electric AC double-decker bus inaugurated in Mumbai
- The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST) on Monday launched India’s first electric AC double-decker bus and will start its services soon.
- The bus has a seating capacity of 73 people and is equipped with CCTV cameras
New Chief Justices appointed to Four High Courts
- Gujarat High Court Chief Justice Sonia Giridhar Gokani, Tripura High Court Chief Justice Jaswant Singh, Assam Gauhati High Court Chief Justice Sandeep Mehta have been appointed.
- Kotiswar Singh has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh High Court.
New governors have been appointed for 13 states
- President Draupadi Murmu appointed 13 new governors after accepting the resignations of Bhagat Singh Koshyari as Governor of Maharashtra and Radha Krishnan Mathur as Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh.
|Andhra Pradesh||S. Abdul Nazeer|
|Chhattisgarh||Biswa Bhusan Harichandan|
|Bihar||Rajendra Viswanath Arlekar|
|Meghalaya||Baku Selai Khan|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shiv Pratap Shukla|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Kaiwalya Trivikram Parnaik|
|Sikkim||Lakshman Prasad Acharya|
|Assam||Gulab Chand Kataria|
World Radio Day
- World Radio Day is an international day celebrated on 13 February each year. The Day was decided by UNESCO on 3 November 2011 during its 36th conference.
- The theme for the 12th edition of the World Radio Day, 2023 this year is ‘Radio and Peace’
Sarojini Naidu Birth Anniversary:
- Every year, on the birth anniversary of the political activist and poet Sarojini Naidu, National Women’s Day in India is observed on 13th February.
- She took an active part in the Indian independence movement. She is popular for her poems on patriotism and other literary works.