Daily Current Affairs 11th May 2023
India tops the list of 10 countries with 51 percent live births.
- According to a recently published UN report, “India” leads the list of 10 countries with 60 percent of global maternal deaths, stillbirths and neonatal deaths and 51 percent of live births worldwide.
- The report also identified sub-Saharan African regions and Central and South Asian regions as the regions with the highest number of deaths.
Union Ministry of Health has launched a learning management information web system called “SAKSHAM”.
- Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan launched SAKSHAM, the Union Health Ministry’s “learning management information system” to stimulate improved knowledge for sustainable health management. The platform has been developed by the National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
- SAKSHAM is a platform to provide online training and medical education to all healthcare professionals and aspirants in our country. Health professionals can register for the courses offered in it through the website “lmis.nihfw.ac.in” and obtain the certificate after undergoing the required training and meeting sufficient evaluation criteria.
India and Canada also signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore enhanced cooperation in the future
- India and Canada have agreed to explore through a memorandum of understanding “to work towards enhanced cooperation in the future” through coordinated investment promotion, information exchange and mutual support activities.
- Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal and Canadian Minister Mary Ng jointly signed the agreement at the Sixth India-Canada Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment in Ottawa on May 8.
Zimbabwe has introduced a “gold-backed digital currency” to replace the US dollar.
- The government of Zimbabwe has introduced a “gold-backed digital currency” to reduce reliance and dependence on the US dollar.
- The government of Zimbabwe has stated that these gold-backed digital tokens are being issued with the aim of expanding the tools for storing value available in the economy. The minimum spend for people to acquire digital tokens is set at $10 per capita.
Launched “Jewelery Exposition 2023” in Dubai to promote ‘Made in India’ gems and jewellery
- The Gems and Jewelery Export Promotion Council(GJEPC) India, has launched Jewelery Exposition 2023 (IJEX 2023), Dubai’s first jewelery exhibition hub.
- India is the leader in cut & polished diamonds and 14 out of 15 diamonds in world jewelery are processed in India, and the growth of the Indian market has also been reported as the exhibition will boost the value of India’s gems and jewelery globally.
Andhra Chief Minister Jagan Mohanreddy has launched an emergency helpline called ‘Jeganannagu Seputum’
- In an attempt to improve the existing “Spanthana Scheme”, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched a coordinated and essential grievance redressal initiative called “Jaganannaku Seputham” (Let’s approach Jagan Anna) in his Tadepalli office.
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has announced that the emergency number “1902” will be operational with the aim of providing timely and responsible solutions to issues related to government welfare schemes and services.
Madhya Pradesh government announced that Rs.2,123 crore interest waiver will be given to farmers.
- Only farmers with outstanding balance of up to Rs.2 lakh, including principal and interest, are eligible for these benefits, it has been announced.
- It has been mentioned that this discount will be given to more than 11.19 lakh farmers from the state of Madhya Pradesh. The interest waiver is said to empower farmers to purchase fertilizer and seeds for their “kharif crops”.
Assam Chief Minister has announced plans to remove AFSP Act from 5 districts in Assam.
- Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma has said that the state government is working to remove the “Armed Forces Special Powers Act” from 5 districts of the state by this year.
- He also mentioned that peace and security will prevail in Assam through this removal. Also tomorrow, the Chief Minister of Assam will launch the “Ayushman Asom Card” and through this the government will procure rice directly from the farmers, which will improve the agriculture sector in the state, the Chief Minister said.
Telangana Government has launched India’s first “Robotics Framework”.
- For the first time in India, Telangana Government has launched “State Robotics Framework” on 09th May.
- It has been announced that it aims to create a sustainable and growth-promoting robotics ecosystem and to make the state a leader in the field of robotics.
Prime Minister Modi has launched development projects worth Rs.5,000 crore in Nathdwara, Rajasthan.
- The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment and expansion of Rajasthan’s Udaipur railway station and a new route from Nathdwara outskirts to Nathdwara city.
- The Prime Minister announced that the amount would be used for three more new national highway projects, including 114-km six-laning of NH-48n Udaipur to Shamlaji, widening and strengthening of 110-km Bar-Philara-Jodhpur section of NH-25, two lanes with pavement.
More than 450 antiquities have been found in the 2nd phase of excavation near Valliyur
- The 2nd phase of excavation work is currently being carried out in Vilankaadu area of Thulkarpatti near Valliyur in Tirunelveli district,Tamil Nadu. During this excavation, more than 450 artifacts were found, including flint chess pieces, iron rings, flint earrings, spearheads, pots, mosses, bones, and evidence of ancient thatched roofs.
- It is notable that in the preliminary excavation work, more than 1,000 artifacts of various types such as shells, vases, vases and beads have been found.
President Govind presented gallantry awards to the soldiers.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the Gallantry Awards on 09 May at the “Defence Investment Festival- 2022” held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
- Army Chief Manoj Pandey received the “Param Wishad Seva Medal” from the President. Captain Ashutosh Kumar, who died during an anti-terror operation in Jammu and Kashmir, has been conferred with the Sourya Chakra Award (posthumously). Havildar Anil Tomar, Havildar Bingu Kumar, Havildar Kashirai Pammanalli, Naib Subedar Sreejith M, and Sepoy Jaswant Reddy of the Rashtriya Rifles were awarded the Saurya Chakra (posthumously).
Lionel Messi has been awarded the “Laureus Sportsman” award for 2023.
- Captain Lionel Messi, who led Argentina to the World Cup, has been awarded the “Laures World Sportsman of the Year” 2023 at a ceremony held in Paris on May 08.
- Argentine superstar Messi has been given the lead ahead of Kylian Mbappe, Max Verstappen and Rafael Nadal. It is notable that this is Messi’s second Laureus award.
World Lupus Day
- World Lupus Day is a global “health event” commemorated on May 10 every year to raise awareness about the seriousness of this lupus disease.
- Lupus is an inflammatory disease that occurs when the immune system attacks its own tissues.”Make Lupus Visible” is the 2023 theme for this year.
National Technology Day
- 11th May is celebrated as National Technology Day.
- This year’s theme is ‘From School to Primary – Inspiring Young Minds to Innovate’.