Daily Current Affairs 8th February 2023
MoU has signed between Directorate General of GST Intelligence and National Forensic Sciences University
- The Directorate General of GST Intelligence (DGGI) and the National Forensic Sciences University (NFSU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on February 7, 2023.
- The MoU is signed for setting up of digital forensic laboratories as well as collaborate in research and training programmes, and provide technical assistance to each other.
Statement of Intent (SOI) was signed between PPAC and IEA to strengthen cooperation in field of data and research in energy sector
- Petroleum Planning & Analysis Cell (PPAC), Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG), Government of India, has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with International Energy Agency (IEA), headquartered at Paris, on 7th February 2023.
- The SOI is to strengthen cooperation in the field of data and research & enhance global energy security, stability, and sustainability.
CAG signs two MoUs with Tajikistan and Kazakhstan
- The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) with Tajikistan and Kazakhstan on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Supreme Audit Institutions (SCO SAI) Leaders’ meeting in Lucknow.
- The agreements are aimed at strengthening cooperation and facilitating the exchange of expertise in the field of auditing and provide a platform for the exchange of auditing professionals and technical teams, collaboration in training programs, and mutual assistance in conducting audits.
Yuva Sangam registration portal launched in New Delhi
- The Yuva Sangam registration portal was launched in New Delhi on 6th February 2023. The Yuva Sangam is an initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to build close ties between the youth of the North East Region and rest of India under the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- The Yuva Sangam program will work to connect the youth of my Northeast with the whole country, and Under the initiative over 20 thousand youth will travel across the country and gain a unique opportunity of cross-cultural learning.
Union minister inaugurates 2nd SCO Young Scientist Conclave in Bengaluru
- The Union minister Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the 2nd SCO Young Scientists Conclave (SCO-YSC) is being hosted at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru from 6th -10th February 2023.
- This conclave aims to bring together innovative young minds from these member states onto a common platform to discuss various scientific ideas under five umbrella themes, namely,
- Agriculture and food processing;
- Environmental protection and natural resource management;
- Artificial Intelligence and big data research and application;
- Sustainable energy and energy storage;
- Disease Biology and Healthcare.
India’s 1st new mobility- cluster set up in Telangana
- The Telangana government launched the country’s first new mobility-focused cluster, Telangana Mobility Valley’ (TMV).
- The main aim of TMV is to attract investments of around Rs 50,000 crore and generate more than 4 lakh jobs in the next five years in the state, and also to create industry ready talent TMV’s bringing together industry and the academia to set up a series of Centers of Excellence(CoE).
Pawan Hans Limited to launch helicopter services on six routes in Assam
- Pawan Hans Limited (PHL) will launch helicopter services on six routes in the state of Assam on February 8, 2023, and also PHL has been awarded 86 routes under the RCS UDAN scheme in six states.
- In the first phase, PHL is launching its RCS UDAN services to provide connectivity on the ‘Dibrugarh-Jorhat-Tezpur Guwahati-Tezpur-Jorhat-Dibrugarh’ network.
- The RCS UDAN of the Ministry of Civil Aviation is giving special impetus to providing air connectivity to the remote places of the northeastern states which have inadequate rail and road connectivity.
Shamika Ravi appointed as member in EAC-PM
- Economics professor and researcher Shamika Ravi has been appointed as a member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- EAC-PM, chaired by economist Bibek Debroy, currently has one member and six part-time members.
- Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) is an independent body constituted to give advice on economic and related issues to the Government of India, specifically to the Prime Minister.
5 new judges appointed in Madras High Court
- Chief Justice D. Raja administered the oath to 5 new judges in the Madras High Court complex.
- In the first phase, High Court advocates LC Victoria Gowri, PP Balaji, KK Ramakrishnan, District Chief Justices R. Kalamati, and KG Thilakavathy have been appointed as new judges of the Madras High Court after the approval of President Drarubathi Murmu.
Barnali Barua tokhi appointed as MD in BPRL
- According to an order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) Barnali Barua Tokhi has been appointed to the post of Managing Director (MD), Bharat Petro Resources Limited (BPRL).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Mrs. Doki will hold the post from the date of her assumption of office till the date of her retirement.
New Managing Director & CEO of Canara Bank was appointed
- The Union Government has appointed K Satyanarayana Raju as its Managing Director and CEO of Canara Bank on 7th February 2023.
- He will be replacing L V Prabhakar who demitted office on December 31, 2022. Previously he had experience in Canara Bank as Executive Director since March 10, 2021.
Hurun India award 2022
- VP Nandakumar, Managing Director &CEO, Manappuram Finance Ltd has bagged the Hurun India’s award for his remarkable achievements in the world of business.
- Nandakumar received The Hurun Industry Achievement Award 2022 ,Adi Godrej, chairman, Godrej Group, Cyrus S. Poonawalla, Managing Director, Serum Institute of India Ltd, Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder, Infosys Ltd and Sanjiv Goenka of RPG Group were the earlier recipients of this award
First Women’s IPL 20 over Cricket Tournament 2023
- The first ever women’s IPL 20 over cricket tournament ‘Women’s Premier League’ will be held from 4th March to 26th March 2023 in Mumbai by the Indian Cricket Board.
- Total 5 teams are participating in this series namely
- 1. Ahmedabad 2. Mumbai 3. Bangalore 4. Delhi 5. Luck now.
- IPL for Men’s T20 over cricket tournament was started in 2008.
Khelo India Youth Games
- In the Khelo India Youth Games held in Madhya Pradesh, in that match Tamil Nadu’s Dhanush L lifted a total of 192 kg and Maharashtra’s Vinatai made new records by lifting 129 kg.
- Now Maharashtra ranked top in the medal list with 83 medals Haryana ranked second with 23 medals and Madhya Pradesh ranked 3rd with 23 gold medals Rajasthan is in 4th place and Odisha is in fifth place respectively.
Safer Internet Day 2023
- Safer Internet Day is an international awareness day introduced by the United Nations in 2004.
- International Safer Internet Day is celebrated on the second day of the second week of February every year, with the aim of identifying the dangers of using the Internet and ensuring that everyone is protected.