Daily Current Affairs 7th May 2023
‘Dawgi Land Port’ has been launched to enhance trade relations between India and Bangladesh
- Union Minister Nithyanand Roy recently inaugurated the “Daugi Land Port” in Meghalaya’s West Jaintia Hills district to promote trade and commerce between India and Bangladesh.
- The Minister said that it will serve as an important economic and transport hub between India and Bangladesh and it will facilitate the movement of goods, people and vehicles across the border.
World Environment Day is celebrated with the motto “Mission Life”
- On World Environment Day on 5th June this year, the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India has planned “Mission Life” to bring together millions of people across the country for environmental awareness.
- The National Museum of Natural History in collaboration with the National Zoological Park has said that this Mission Life will help bring about behavioral changes among people and reduce waste (cleanliness).
Prime Minister’s “National Apprenticeship Mela 2023” is scheduled to be held on May 8
- The training is held on every second Monday of the month throughout the year and the selected persons are awarded monthly stipend as per specified criteria from the government.
- It has been mentioned that many sectors will be represented in this mela by various organizations and various youths will be given vocational training and stipend through this mela.
RBI & BIS have jointly launched a global technology competition called “G20 Technology Sprint”
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Bank for International Settlements (BIS) have jointly launched a global technology competition called “G20 Tech Sprint” in online.
- The competition is held to focus on developing innovative technological solutions for cross-border payments. The program is the fourth edition of the G20 Tech Sprint, jointly developed by RBI and BIS with an innovation policy.
The practice of wearing “clothes cameras” on train ticket examiners has been introduced in Mumbai for the first time
- The railway administration said the system was introduced following the recent incident of suspension of a ticket inspector misbehaving with a woman passenger and frequent complaints of ticket inspectors charging extra.
- The railway administration has also stated that these cameras can record footage for 20 hours.
Chief Minister M. K. Stalin yesterday laid the foundation stone for the construction of an international standard “Medical Park” at Chipgat campus in Tindivanam
- Chief Minister Stalin has announced that an international standard medical park is going to be set up at Chipkot Technology Complex, Tindivanam, Villupuram district at an estimated cost of 155 crore rupees.
- This medical park is to be built on an area of 111 acres by the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Department.
Research and Entrepreneurship Innovation Center Launched in Telangana
- The event said that the center will promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the student community, fostering research and innovative skills among students, faculty and young researchers.
- More than five crore rupees have been invested to provide necessary infrastructure facilities and the center will be instrumental in designing direct programs for social welfare.
Neera Tandon, an Indian-American citizen, has been appointed as the US Domestic Policy Adviser
- US President Joe Biden on Friday appointed Indian-American Neera Tandon, a top figure in the Democratic Party, as his domestic policy adviser.
- The appointment makes him the first Asian-American and Indian to head any top White House advisory group in history.
Indian player Neeraj Chopra has won the Diamond League 2023 tournament
- Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra on Friday topped the Diamond League in Doha, the first series of top-tier track and field events.
- This is the third time that Neeraj Chopra has topped the Doha Diamond League after winning the tournament in Lausanne in August 2022 and the Diamond League Final in Zurich, Switzerland.
Gold for India at the Asian Championship
- India’s “Bhindyarani Devi” won a silver medal in the women’s 55 kg category at the recently held Asian Championships.
- It is to be noted here that during last year’s World Championships, Binthiyarani finished 25th in the 59 kg weight category to be held at the Paris Olympics.
World Athletics Day 2023
- The day is observed to promote access to sports for all people regardless of gender, age of the participants, their ability and appearance.
- “Athletics for All – A New Beginning” is the theme for World Athletics Day 2023. This theme emphasizes the importance of diversity and inclusion in athletics.
International No Diet Day 2023
- “International Dieting Day” is celebrated every year on May 6 to reject societal pressures and unrealistic beauty standards.
- It also aims to promote healthy living and habits and self-love rather than dieting.