Daily Current Affairs 7th February 2023
22nd edition of the Bharat Rang Mahotsav 2023
- National School of Drama (NSD) will organize the 22nd edition of the Bharat Rang Mahotsav(BRM), 2023 from 16th to 26th February, 2023.
- The Bharat Rang Mahotsav aims to strengthen international tie-ups and cultural exchange programmes with other Nations. It builds a platform to explore more about the theater traditions across the country, and also the Theatre festival will be held in 9 cities including the National Capital of Delhi.
Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train started under the ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ Scheme
- Indian Railways has come up with a very special tour Garvi Gujarat to showcase the cultural & Spiritual Heritage of Vibrant Gujarat State by running its Bharat Gaurav Deluxe AC Tourist Train. And this train will depart on 28th February from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station.
- This train tour package has been designed under the Govt.of India Scheme “Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat” conceptualized on the life of Great Freedom Fighter Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, The train will cover a distance of 3500 KMs approx during the course of 8 days journey.
MoA&FW signs MoU with Digital Green for developing a National Interactive Digital Platform
- The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Digital Green under public private partnership framework to build a national level digital extension platform in New Delhi on 6th February 2023.
- The platform will host a digital library of curate multi-format multi-lingual content, help extension workers access and deliver curate content to farmers on time and up-skill the vast network of extension workers for agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, livestock and rural livelihood missions through certified online courses.
India, France, UAE Establish the Trilateral Cooperation Initiative
- India, France and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced the creation of a formal trilateral cooperation initiative for projects in solar and nuclear energy, the fight against climate change and joint production of military hardware.
- The initiative will also act as a platform to booster cooperation on sustainable projects between the development agencies of the three countries, which will also work to align their economic, technological and social policies with the objectives of the Paris Agreement, according to a joint statement.
PM Modi to launch the E20 fuel in Bangalore
- The India Energy Week (IEW) 2023, being held from February 6 to 8, 2023 and is aimed to showcase India’s rising prowess as an energy transition powerhouse.
- In the event Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched E20 petrol i.e. petrol blended with 20 percent ethanol, and also PM launched the uniforms under the ‘Unbottled’ initiative of Indian Oil, these uniforms are made of recycled PET bottles.
5 new judges have been appointed in the Supreme Court
- 5 newly appointed judges in the Supreme Court are Pankaj Mittal, Sanjay Karol, Asanuddin Amanullah, Manoj Mishra, P.V. Sanjay Kumar took charge on February 6, 2023.
- Chief Justice DY Chandrachud administered the oath to the newly sworn-in judges, now the number of Supreme Court judges has increased to 32 as the new judges take oath.
First Indian-American appointed as President of the Harvard Law Review Group, USA
- Since 1887, as part of the Harvard Law School operating in the United States, a magazine providing legal information has been published by law students.
- Apsara Iyer, an Indian-American, has been formally elected as the 137th president of the company, This is the first time an Indian-American has assumed the role in its 136-year history.
Science and Technology
NISAR Satellite Mission
- NISAR (NASA-Isro Synthetic Aperture Radar) is a geosciences satellite jointly developed by NASA and ISRO, a project aimed at global measurement of land surface changes using advanced radar imaging technology.
- Also this satellite is scheduled to launch in September 2023, the satellite is designed to help researchers detect slow-moving changes in the landscape ahead of earthquakes, landslides and volcanic eruptions.
Grammy Award 2023
- The 65th Grammy Awards, which took place at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on 5 February 2023.
- Indian musician Ricky Kej won his third Grammy Award for his globally acclaimed album, Divine Tides with Rock-legend Stewart Copeland, after winning this award Ricky Kej has created history that he is the only Indian to win 3 Grammy Awards.
Mathrubhumi Book of the Year award-2023
- Author Dr Peggy Mohan has bagged the ‘Mathrubhumi Book of The Year’ award at the fourth edition of Mathrubhumi International Festival of Letters (MBIFL 2023).
- Her book ‘Wanderers, Kings and Merchants,’ portraying evolution of language as the outcome of migrations, won the award that carries Rs two lakh as cash prize and a sculpture.
Boston’s New Balance Indoor Grand Prix Athletics 2023
- Boston New Balance Indoor Grand Prix is held in Boston, USA, India’s Tejaswin Shankar won the gold medal in the high jump category in this competition by clearing a height of 2.26 meters.
- Donald Thomas of Bahamas won the silver medal with a jump of 2.23m. And Darryl Sullivan of the United States won bronze with a jump of 2.19m.
Zagreb Open Ranking Series Wrestling Tournament 2023
- Zagreb Open Ranking Series Wrestling Tournament held in Croatia.
- India’s Ashu won the bronze medal in the 67 kg Greco-Roman category by defeating Lithuania’s Adamus Krigalinas.
Chennai Open ATP Challenger Tennis Tournament 2023
- The Chennai Open ATP Challenger Men’s Tennis Championship will be held on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Tennis Association with the support of the Tamil Nadu Sports Development Authority (STAD).
- This competition will be held at S.D.A.T., Nungambakkam, Chennai. It will be held at the stadium from February 13 to 19, 2023. Players from 14 countries are participating in this tournament. Earlier in 2019 ATP was held in Chennai.
Former Pakistan President Musharraf passed away
- Former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf suffered from Amyloidosis. His organs were severely damaged. Musharraf passed away on 05/02/2023 at the age of 79 after being treated at the American Hospital in Dubai for the past few weeks.
- During the 1965 war between India and Pakistan, Musharraf played an important role and was awarded a special medal for Musharraf’s bravery during that time.
International Development Week 2023
- International Development Week is celebrated in the first week of February; in the year 2023 it is observed on Feb. 5 to Feb. 11, 2023.
- International Development Week (IDW) to celebrate their contributions to eradicating poverty and fostering a more peaceful, inclusive and prosperous world.