Daily Current Affairs 30th May 2023
IIFA 2023 Winners List Released.
- The winners were announced under various categories at the IIFA Awards 2023 held in Abu Dhabi on May 27, 2023.
- Following is the list of IIFA winners for 2023,
|Best Film||–||Drishyam 2|
|Best Director||R Madhavan||Rocketry: The Nambi Effect|
|Best Actor (Female)||Alia Bhatt||Gangubai Kathiawadi|
|Best Actor (Male)||Hrithik Roshan||Vikram Vedha|
|Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema||Kamal Haasan||–|
The Government of Nepal has approved the second hydropower project to be developed by India.
- On May 28, India’s Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN) Limited in Nepal decided to allow its second hydroelectric project in Nepal.
- The Prime Minister of Nepal has said that cooperation between India and Nepal will be improved through this project. It is notable that SJVN has already developed and successfully operated the 900-MW Arun-III hydropower project.
Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) has launched the Business trade Mission Program for India.
- UAE’s Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry has launched a trade mission program for India to strengthen economic cooperation.
- The project aims to foster economic cooperation between the two countries and explore investment opportunities. The Sharjah Government said that the research work organized by the Sharjah Export Development Center (SEDC) through this project will take place from May 29 to June 2, 2023 and provide development strategies.
China’s first indigenously developed flight has completed its first commercial travel.
- China’s first domestically produced passenger aircraft, the C919, successfully flew its first commercial flight from Shanghai to Beijing in about two hours and twenty-five minutes on May 28.
- The plane, operated by the Chinese government-run “China Eastern Airlines”, had 160 passengers on board, the Chinese government said.
Justine Triet’s “Anatomy of a Fall” won the Palme d’Or at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival.
- French director Justin Triet won the Palme d’Or in the murder-mystery category for Sandra Huller’s “Anatomy of a Fall” at the 76th Cannes Film Festival in France on May 27.
- The Palme d’Or is one of the most prestigious awards in the film industry. She is also the third woman to win the first prize at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival.
Assam’s First Vande Bharat train service launched.
- Prime Minister Modi flagged off Assam’s first state-of-the-art Vande Bharat train on May 29 through a video Conference.
- This train service is India’s 18th and Assam’s first Bharat Rail service. The new train service will cover a distance of 411 km between Guwahati and New Jalpaiguri in 5 hours and 30 minutes, the Railway Department said.
Observance of “Hill Kaka Day” at Kalali Morah, Jammu and Kashmir.
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the people of Surankote area of Poonch district observed “Hill Kaka Day” on May 27 to commemorate the martyrdom of “civilians and soldiers” during the 2003 anti-terror operation.
- The tragic incident occurred in 2003 when the Indian Army conducted Operation Sarvinash in collaboration with local residents to eliminate more than 100 terrorists in the border districts.
Praveen Kumar Srivastava sworn in as Central Vigilance Commissioner(CVC).
- Praveen Kumar Srivastava has been sworn in as the Central Vigilance Commissioner. President of India Draupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to Srivastava on May 29. Praveen Kumar Srivastava has assumed the charge following the end of the tenure of the current CVC Suresh N Patel.
- It is notable that Mr. Srivastava is a retired Civil Service Officer of Assam-Meghalaya Cadre of 1988-Batch.
Science and Technology
ISRO has launched its next generation “navigation” satellite “NVS-01”.
- ISRO launched the “NVS-01” satellite, a variant of GSLV-F12, from Sriharikota on May 29.
- Weighing in at around 2232 kg, the satellite is the “First in the list of second generation satellites” planned to work with India’s Navigation (NavIC) services. It is noteworthy that the satellite will be equipped with an “indigenously developed atomic clock” for the first time.
Goa’s renowned writer Damodar Mauzo has been conferred with the Jnanpith Award.
- Renowned writer Damodar Mouzo from Goa received the country’s highest literary award, Jnana Peetha Award, from Governor PS Sreedharan Pillai on May 27.
- Prior to this, Mouzo had won the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1983 for his famous novel ‘Karmelin’. It is notable that 25 of Mouzo’s books have appeared in Konkani and one in English.
HS Prannoy clinches gold in men’s singles at Malaysia Masters 2023.
- India’s HS Prannoy has won the gold in the men’s singles category at the Malaysia Masters 2023.
- HS Prannoy defeated Weng Hong Yang of China 21-19, 13-21, 21-18 to win his maiden BWF World Tour title.
India has won the CAVA Women’s Challenge Cup 2023 title.
- India defeated Kazakhstan in the final of the NSC-CAVA Women’s Volleyball Cup 2023 at the National Sports Council Hall, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu on May 28.
- India beat Kazakhstan 3-0 in the final to clinch the title.
Uttar Pradesh Hockey Team Wins “13th Hockey India Sub Junior Men’s National Championship 2023”.
- Uttar Pradesh Hockey Team won the 13th Hockey India Sub Junior Men’s National Championship 2023 by defeating Odisha’s Hockey Team in the final match at Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium, Odisha on May 28.
- It is notable that the Uttar Pradesh Hockey team defeated the Odisha Hockey team by 7-1 in this championship match.
Max Verstappen Wins Global Monaco GP 2023
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen has won the Monaco Grand Prix, the sixth round of the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship.
- It was his fourth win since his start in 2023. He is followed by Fernando Alonso and Esteban Ocon in 2nd and 3rd respectively.
World Digestive Health Day 2023
- World Digestive Health Day is celebrated every year on 29 May to focus on raising professional awareness to the public about digestive disease or disorder.
- “Your Digestive Health: A Healthy Gut from the Start” is the theme set by the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) for this year’s World Digestive Health Day.