Daily Current Affairs 28th May 2023
Inauguration of US consulate Hyderabad.
- US Ambassador to India Eric Garcetti inaugurated the US Consulate in Hyderabad on May 26 during the celebration of the 247th anniversary of US Independence.
- The US ambassador said that the US values the city of Hyderabad and that Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Odisha are one of the most important chapters of the US-India strategic partnership so we are opening this $340 million embassy.
NTCA has formed the “Cheetah Project Steering Committee” under Project Cheetah.
- The Union Government has appointed a new steering committee comprising national and international experts to oversee and monitor India’s ambitious Cheetah Project.
- The Cheetah Project Steering Committee set up by the National Tiger Conservation Commission (NTCA) will “review, monitor and advise the Madhya Pradesh Forest Department,” the notice said.
The 8th Governing Council meeting of NITI Aayog was held in Delhi under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Modi.
- The 8th Governing Council meeting of NITI Aayog to make India a developed country in various fields was held in Delhi on May 27 under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Modi.
- The central government has announced that various issues like skill development, health, women empowerment and infrastructure development will be discussed at the meeting with the aim of “making India a developed and advanced country by 2047”.
A Mou was signed between Tamil Nadu and Japan.
- Chief Minister Stalin has signed a MoU in Osaka, Japan for expansion of “Diesel Auto Airbag Inflator Facility” in Chengalpattu district of Tamil Nadu.
- The agreement comes amid Japan’s visit to Tamil Nadu to attract more investments from Osaka and to invite leaders of several companies to the “Global Investors Summit” to be held in Chennai in January 2024.
Reliance Group Chairman Mukesh Ambani has joined the UN Advisory Committee for COP28.
- Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has been appointed as a “Member of the Chairman’s Advisory Panel” of the 28th session of the United Nations (UN) Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- It is notable that Sunita Narine and Mukesh Ambani are both Indians in the COP28 President’s Advisory Committee.
Gulzar Malhotra appointed as CEO of GERA Development.
- Pune-based real estate developer Jera Development has appointed Gulzar Malhotra as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on May 26.
- It is the first time in its 52-year history that the company has appointed a professional CEO to oversee the company’s operations, it said in a statement.
Five judges elevated as Chief Justices of High Courts.
- Acting Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court Sanjay Vijaykumar Gangapoorwala has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court and Justice Ramesh T Dhanuka as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Justice Augustine George Masih of the Punjab and Haryana High Court has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court, Justice Mamidhana Satya Ratna Sri Ramachandra Rao as the Chief Justice of the Punjab and Haryana High Court and Justice Sarasa Venkatanarayana as the Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court.
Discovery of Merchant Group Inscription.
- An 800-year-old “trader’s inscription” has been found in a field in Andar Kottaram area near Papakkudi, Madurai in tamilnadu.
- The local people call this stone “Muniyan Stone”. Out of a total of 47 lines in it, the first 6 lines “tell the true glory of merchants in Sanskrit in the Grantha script”. It mentions ‘Samasta Bhuvana Charya Pancha Satavirasanam’. According to the researchers, this means the charter given by the merchant group called “Innutruvar”.
World Hunger Day 2023
- World Hunger Day is observed globally on May 28 every year to prevent people from going hungry around the world and to create awareness among people about not wasting food.
- There are many causes of hunger around the world, including low income, drought, famine and political crises, and “The Hunger Project” is working on various initiatives around the world to eliminate them from people.