Daily Current Affairs 30th July 2023
The Lok Sabha passed the Mines and Minerals Development and Regulatory Amendment Bill, 2023 on July 28.
- The Lok Sabha passed the Mines and Minerals Development and Regulatory Amendment Bill 2023 amid the din on July 28. The bill amends the problems and irregularities in the mining sector to regulate them.
- The Bill has been introduced in the Lok Sabha by Union Minister Pralhad Joshi (Department of Coal and Mines). It amends the Mines and Minerals Act, 1957.
Papua New Guinea has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with India for access to digital solutions.
- Papua New Guinea’s Central Information and Communication Technology Department (MICT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of India to share the “successful solutions India Digital Stack,” which has been largely implemented at population level in New Delhi on July 28.
- It is reported that this collaborative agreement will be very helpful in creating and developing skills among the general public and especially the youth, sharing and implementing the government’s programs through population-wide digital public infrastructure and alternative platforms.
The United States has approved a plan to provide $345 million worth of weapons support equipment to Taiwan.
- The US Senate on July 29, 2023 approved a $345 million dollar arms support package.
- Global security experts have said that this move will increase Chinese military pressure on Taiwan, which already considers Taiwan as its territory by the Chinese government and it is significant that its US counterpart strongly rejected Chinese sovereignty claims in its 2023 budget.
The US and Australia plan to jointly develop air guided missiles.
- US Defense Secretary Austin said on July 29 that by 2025, Australia will produce air-to-air guided missile systems with US guidance.
- The decision was made by Austin and US Secretary of State Antony Blinken during the annual Australia-US Diplomatic Dialogue meeting with their Australian counterparts in Queensland, Australia.
SpaceX has successfully launched the world’s largest commercial communications satellite.
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX has successfully launched the world’s largest commercial communications satellite Hughes JUPITER 3 in July 2023 on its Falcon Heavy rocket.
- The boosters that carried the satellite landed at the Space Force Station in Cape Canaveral, USA. Notably, this is the rocket’s seventh mission for the Falcon Heavy and the rocket’s third flight this year alone.
“Civil 20” summit begins in Jaipur under Indian leadership.
- The “Civil 20” Summit, the official group of the G20, will begin in the evening of July 29 in Jaipur, the capital of the state of Rajasthan.
- The report stated that the three-day conference will hold comprehensive and future welfare discussions on various topics under 5 sessions and will present the model-policy recommendations developed by its 16 working groups.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam in New Delhi on July 29.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the “Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam” on July 29 at the grand Bharat Mandapam at Pragati Maidan in the national capital, New Delhi.
- Guided by the new vision of the Prime Minister of India, NEP 2020 – the organization was launched with the aim of empowering the youth and equipping them to lead the country effectively. The Prime Minister is proud to say that this coincides with the 3rd anniversary of the National Education Policy (NEP) brought in 2020.
The Union Home Minister released the book ‘Memories Never Die’ in Ramanathapuram.
- As a tribute to the life and achievements of late former President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Sir, Union Home Minister Amit Shah has released a book ‘Memories Never Die’ in Tamil Nadu’s Ramanathapuram district on July 29.
- This book is co-authored by Scientist Dr. YS Rajan and Dr. APJM Nasima Maraikayer.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin was given ‘Outstanding Man Award’ in July 2023.
- Appreciating the successful hosting of the International Chess Olympiad in Chennai, the capital of Tamil Nadu, the Asian Chess Federation, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin was awarded the “Outstanding Man Award” on July 28, 2023.
- The International Chess Olympiad has been held every two years since 1927. The 44th International Chess Olympiad was held in India for the first time. It is significant that this tournament was hosted by Tamil Nadu.
Elavenil has won gold in the World Inter-University Games.
- 10m in the World Inter-University Multisport Series for 2023 Elavenil Valarivan has won gold in the air rifle category.
- In this final, she won gold in the women’s 10m air rifle category by scoring 252.5 points. It is also significant that she had won the silver medal in the same series last year in 2019.
The Indian women’s team won a record three gold medals at the FISU Summer World University Games in China.
- Team India wrapped up its run with three gold medals on July 29, the opening day of the FISU Summer World Inter-University Series in Chengdu, China.
- The Indian women’s team comprising Abhidnya Patil, Manu Bhaker and Yashaswini Deswal beat Iran and China to win gold in the 10m air pistol category of the series. It is also notable that India is currently at the top of the medal table followed by China at the second position with five medals overall.
International Tiger Day 2023
- International Tiger Day is observed every year on 29th July to draw attention to the drastic decline in the wild tiger population in India, and by celebrating the event, aims to create awareness among the general public about important efforts and conservation measures for wild tigers.
- It was decided to celebrate this day every year during the St. Petersburg Tiger Summit in 2010.
- The day has no specific theme and is celebrated with the general objective of sharing awareness of tiger extinction and the need to save them.
World Day Against Trafficking In Persons 2023
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons is observed every year on July 30 to raise awareness among the people of the world about modern-day slavery and human trafficking and to make efforts to prevent such incidents from happening in the future.
- In 2013, the UN General Assembly convened a high-level meeting to advance a global plan of action and officially recognized 30th July of each year as the World Day Against Trafficking in Persons.
- “Reach every victim of trafficking, leave no one behind” is the theme for this year.