Daily Current Affairs 1st August 2023
The Union Minister has launched a mobile application of “ULLAS: Nav Bharat Saksharta Karyakram”.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Minister of Education launched the logo and its mobile app of “ULLAS: Nav Bharat Saksharta Karyakram” at the grand Bharat Mandapam at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- Ullas, an initiative with the theme Lifelong Learning for All in the Society, aims to increase the country’s capacity building by creating awareness of education across the country and fostering a learning environment that reaches every individual.
Plan to launch the “My Soil, My Nation” movement.
- Prime Minister Modi announced at the ‘Voice of the Mind'(Mann Ki Baat) program held on July 30 that the movement “My Soil, My Nation” will be launched to honor and remember the great heroes who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of India.
- In memory of those soldiers who realized the value of freedom and got it, the “Amrutha Kalasam” Yatra will be conducted under that movement and according to this initiative, 7,500 small pots of soil along with saplings and plants will be brought from different parts of the country and planted in specific public spaces.
The Ministry of Education has signed 106 MoUs for multidisciplinary development.
- The Union Ministry of Education and the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship signed 106 multi-sectoral MoUs with various prestigious organizations and institutions on July 30 in the national capital, New Delhi.
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has entered into 3 MoUs for development of Indian Sign Language with Indian Sign Language Training and Research Center (ISLRTC) and 6 MoUs for development of Indian knowledge system for inculcation of international standards in national higher education sector.
The Cinematography Amendment Bill has been passed in Parliament.
- The Cinematography Amendment Bill, 2023 has been passed in the Lok Sabha amid in bin and the Parliament has fully passed it. The bill was recently passed in the Rajya Sabha.
- It is also notable that under this the certificate issued by the Central Board of Film Certification has changed from being valid for 10 years to now being valid forever.
The International Education System Summit 2023 will be held in Dubai.
- The Federation for International Economic Development (FEDA) has hosted the International Education System Summit 2023 in July 2023 at the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University Grand Campus (HBMSU) in Dubai, UAE.
- FEDA is an international organization with prominent economists and membership to promote economic development especially in India. The summit aims to provide an important and beneficial platform to aspiring students for academic excellence.
2 bronze statues of Gyalsras have been installed in Moscow, the capital of Russia.
- Two bronze statues of Padma Bhushan awardee and former ambassador to Mongolia Gyalsras Bakula Rinpoche have been installed in Russia’s capital Moscow, the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced on July 30.
- It is reported that these statues are erected to honor his efforts to revive Buddhism in the former Soviet Union and Mongolia. It is also notable that a 6-foot tall statue of him has been installed in a Buddhist temple in Moscow and another 9-foot statue of him in a central city park.
Recently, the Speaker of the Lok Sabha inaugurated the new Legislative Assembly building of Assam.
- The country’s Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla on July 30 inaugurated the state’s new “Legislative Assembly Building Complex” in Assam’s capital, Guwahati.
- Chief Minister Mr. Sharma mentioned in the inauguration program that this custom reflects the culture and heritage of Assam state and that elected “People’s Representatives” should spend more time in the Legislative Assembly to work for equality, justice and constitutional rights of the people.
The Think 20 Summit (G20) began today in Mysore, Karnataka.
- The Think20 Summit will be held in Mysore, Karnataka on July 31 under the chairmanship of G20 India, where high-level experts and think tanks will discuss policy issues related to G20 development.
- The three-day conference aims to discuss key global issues such as sustainable lifestyles, women-led development, macroeconomics and trade, digital transformation, accelerating global financial order and green transition.
Indian-origin Economic policy expert Nisha Biswal has been appointed deputy chief executive officer of the US financial institution in July 2023.
- The US Senate announced in July 2023 that Indian-origin economic policy expert Nisha Biswal has been appointed as the Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DY-CEO) of the US financial institution.
- With nearly 30 years of experience in international development programs at the US White House and foreign policy, She will take on his distinguished role as Deputy CEO of the US Agency for International Development.
Science and Technology
ISRO has successfully launched 7 Singapore satellites.
- Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) PSLV-C56 rocket successfully launched a cluster of six co-passenger payloads including Singapore’s DS-SAR satellite at 06:30 am on July 30 from ISRO’s launch pad
- It is significant that this is PSLV’s 17th flight in a core stand alone system and PSLV’s 58th fligh PSLV-C56 / DS-SAR is the exclusive and flagship commercial mission of NewSpace India Institute (NSIL) for ST Engineering, Singapore. DS-SAR stands for Radar Imaging Earth Observation Special Mission Satellite.
GalaxEye is planning to launch the world’s first multisensory satellite.
- Chennai-based aerospace company GalaxEye has announced in its latest announcement that it plans to launch the world’s first multi-sensory satellite system next year.
- This new type of satellite system is designed to analyze and optimize the use of data from Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and optical sensors.
Taylor Fritz has won the 2023 Atlanta Open Championship.
- American Taylor Fritz won the Atlanta Open title on July 30 by defeating top seed Australian Aleksandar Vukic to claim his second tour-level title of the series and sixth overall.
- It is notable that he won the championship title by defeating Aleksandar Vukic in the final match of this championship with the score of 7-5, 6-7(5), 6-4.
India wins 4 golds at World University Games 2023
- The Indian team finished the day’s competition with a total of six medals, including nearly four golds, at the World University Games held in Chengdu, China on July 31.
- Aishwary himself won the gold in the men’s 10m air rifle individual category in the series. It is also notable that shooters Divyansh Singh Panwar, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar and Arjun Babuta jointly won gold in the 10m air rifle men’s team mixed category.
The Goa Challengers team has won the series title in the 2023 table tennis tournament.
- Goa Challengers beat Chennai Lions to win the Ultimate Table Tennis Series 2023 final at the Balewadi Sports Complex in Pune, Maharashtra on July 30.
- In this final, the Goa team defeated last year’s champions Chennai by 8-7 points and it is significant that this is Goa Challengers’ first “Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT)” series title.
Team India has so far won a total of 14 medals including 9 gold in the Sri Lankan Athletics National Championship series.
- The Indian team finished the National Athletics Championship series at Sugathadasa Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 30 with a total of 14 medals.
- This includes 14 medals including one bronze, 4 silver and 9 gold. It is also notable that Indian javelin thrower Kishore Kumar Jena, who won gold medal in the series on July 28, has been presented with a special trophy as “Best Javelin Thrower ” in the men’s category.
World Wide Web Day 2023
- World Wide Web Day is celebrated on August 1st every year in memory of Tim Berners-Lee, the creator of the WWW, and to honor and respect the world’s ability to freely search for information using the Internet.
- There is no theme for this day. It is also celebrated with the common goal of helping people around the world use the internet in a safe and secure manner.
World Breastfeeding Week 2023
- The first week of August every year (August 01 – 07) is observed as World Breastfeeding Week with an aim to highlight the health, hygiene and welfare of children, good nutrition, benefits of maternal health and its improvement among mothers of the world.
- It is celebrated every year to commemorate the 1990 Declaration of Innocenti system and World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) was started in 1992. “Breastfeeding and Work” is the theme for this year.