Daily Current Affairs 2nd July 2023
The World Bank has approved a $1.5 billion loan to boost India’s low-carbon energy sector.
- The World Bank (WB) on June 30 approved a $1.5 billion loan facility to accelerate the development and development of India’s low-carbon energy sector.
- The World Bank said in its announcement that the financing will help the country “successfully implement the National Green Hydrogen Mission,” which aims to stimulate $100 billion in private sector investment by 2030.
MoS Meenakshi Lekhi inaugurated the World Heritage Exhibition Bank in New Delhi.
- Culture Minister Meenakshi Lekhi inaugurated the World Heritage Bank Exhibition in New Delhi on July 01, displaying the official banknotes of the G20 member states along with UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sites.
- The exhibition will be open till the ninth of this month at the Indira Gandhi National Art Centre. It is also reported that G20 countries have 70 percent of declared world heritage and will be a place to show their pride to the world.
Launch of international tracking packet service between India and Canada.
- India Post has recently entered into a partnership agreement with Canada Post to introduce International Tracked Packet Service (IDPS) between India and Canada to facilitate e-commerce exports.
- The service is said to be operational from July 01, 2023. It is reported that small and medium merchants can easily transport their e-commerce products from one country to another.
CERT publishes “Guidelines on Information Security Practices” to improve the Internet.
- With over 80 crore Indians actively using the Internet and cyberspace, the Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-In) has issued guidelines for business, education, finance and access to digital government services.
- The Union IT Ministry has said that it will further strengthen the goal of a secure cyberspace and address the issues in it. All government institutions, public sector organizations and other non-governmental organizations and their administrative boundaries are brought under this initiative.
Joint maritime exercise between India and France begins.
- The Indian Navy and the French Navy conducted the Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX) in Visakhapatnam on June 30 to promote stronger cooperation and ensure security in the Indian Ocean region.
- In this security exercise, INS Rana and the enemy’s missile destroyer INS Sumedha and indigenously built maritime patrol vessels conducted a joint exercise with the French Navy ship FS Surcouf on June 30 in the Bay of Bengal.
The World Bank has approved a $1.5 billion loan deal for Ukraine.
- The World Bank’s Board of Directors has approved a US$1.5 billion Relief and Recovery Development Policy Loan (DPL) program to help people affected by the ongoing conflict in Ukraine.
- The World Bank said that this loan will be very useful and helpful for the development of the Ukraine Trust Fund.
Retina Summit 2023 – Start.
- Sankara Nethralaya’s fifth annual Retina Summit 2023 started on June 30 in Chennai.
- Launched in the presence of N Ram, Director, The Hindu Group and N Kumar, Vice Chairman, Sanmar Associates Group, the conference is themed on improving focus on macular surgery.
India’s top electronics exporter in FY2023 – Tamil Nadu
- According to export data released by the Government of India for the year 2023, the state of Tamil Nadu (TN) has topped the list of India’s leading electronics exporters for the year.
- This means that almost all exports are at the top with USD 5.37 billion, followed by Uttar Pradesh at the 2nd position with USD 4.90 billion exports and Karnataka at the 3rd position with USD 4.52 billion.
Chief Minister of Sikkim lays foundation stone for Roy Archery Association.
- Sikkim Chief Minister PS Tamang laid foundation stone for “Tarundeep Roy Archery” Sangath at Kitchudumra in Poklok Kamrang constituency of Namchi district on June 30.
- Named after Tarundeep Roy, a famous Olympian archer from Sikkim, the Sangam is to be built at a cost of Rs 30.4 crore. And it is set up with the aim of taking the sporting prowess of the state of Sikkim to the world stage.
Solicitor General of India Tushar Mehta reappointed.
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet on June 30 approved the reappointment of Tushar Mehta as Deputy Solicitor General of India. The Solicitor General is the second most senior legal officer after the Attorney General of India.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has also approved the re-appointment of six senior legal officers Vikramjit Banerjee, Balbir Singh, KM Nataraj, SV Raju, Aishwarya Bhati and N Venkataraman as Additional Solicitor General of the Supreme Court for three years.
Mary Kom has been awarded the UK’s Global Indian Icon Award.
- Mary Kom, Indian sports legend and India’s first Olympic medalist in women’s boxing, has been honored with the Global Indian Icon award at this year’s U.K.-India Awards in Windsor, England.
- The 40-year-old and former Rajya Sabha member received the prestigious award from India’s High Commissioner to the UK, Vikram Duraisamy, at the awards ceremony on June 29 night.
Star Indian javelin thrower wins Lausanne Diamond League title.
- Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra won the prestigious title with a throw of 87.66 meters in the final round of the 2023 Lausanne Diamond League.
- It is notable that in this final, Neeraj won the first place with a throw of 87.66 meters, Julian Webber of Germany took the second place with a throw of 87.03 meters and Jakub Vadlech of the Czech Republic took the third place with a throw of 86.13 meters.
The Indian pair won the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Championship title.
- India’s Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Harinderpal Singh Sandh won the Asian Mixed Doubles Squash Championship in Huangzhou , China on June 30.
- It is notable that in this final match, the Indian pair defeated the Malaysian pair of Ivan Yuen and Rachel Arnold with the score of 11-10, 11-8 and won the title of champion.
Oscar-winning actor “Alan Arkin” has died.
- Actor Alan Arkin, who won an Oscar for his role in “Little Miss Sunshine,” died on June 29, 2023, at the age of 89.
- It is notable that he won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor in 2006 for his role in the film “Little Miss Sunshine”.
National Doctors Day 2023
- This National Doctor’s Day is observed every year on 01st July to honor the excellence of all doctors who render selfless service to mankind. The day is also observed to honor the birth and death anniversary of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy.
- Celebrating Resilience and Healing Hands is the theme for this year.
National Chartered Accountants Day 2023
- National Chartered Accountants Day is celebrated on 1st July every year to commemorate the establishment of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) in 1949 by the Parliament of India.
- This year’s theme is ‘Empowering Financial Excellence’.