Daily Current Affairs 28th April 2023
The Union Cabinet has approved the National Medical Devices Policy, 2023
- The Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister approved the National Medical Devices Policy-2023 which is expected to facilitate orderly development of the medical devices sector to meet public health objectives such as accessibility, affordability, quality and innovation.
- This will help grow the sector from the current $11 billion to $50 billion in the next five years, said Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandavia.
India-Hungary Joint Working Group Meeting on Water Management Development–2023
- The first meeting of the India-Hungary Joint Working Group formed to implement the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of water management between the two countries was held in New Delhi.
- In this meeting 3-year work plan was signed to steer the future course of India-Hungary cooperation in water management.
“City Beauty Competition” Portal has been published by Central Government
- City Beauty Competition portal https://citybeautycompetition.in launched by Ministry of National Housing and Urban Affairs. Mission: To encourage and recognize the transformational efforts of cities and wards across the country to create beautiful, innovative and inclusive public places.
- The evaluated cities will be first appreciated at state level and selected entries will be considered for national-level awards.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Social Justice and Empowerment and Arts
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed in New Delhi between the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment and Arts to make “Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan (NMBA)” more effective and widespread.It is expected to encourage India to achieve drug awareness and curb the menace of drug demand.
- It is notable that Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan (NMBA) is currently functioning in 372 districts of the country.
“Millets should be promoted in the diet,” Niti Aayog has issued a report
- NITI Aayog has released a report titled “Promotion of Millets in Diet, Best Practices in States and Union Territories of India”.
- The theme of the report is: State work on pulses development, inclusion of millets in ICDS, research and development and use of technology for innovative practices.
The Youth-20 (Y-20) summit under the leadership of G20 has started in Ladakh
- The Youth-20 (Y-20) Summit under the leadership of G20 hosted by the Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs has officially started in Ladakh, the capital city of Leh. More than 100 delegates from 30 different countries are attending the conference.
- These projects have been launched with an aim to focus on economic development through wide entrepreneurship opportunities for youth in the sectors of handloom, handicrafts and food processing.
Rs.100 coin and postage stamp have been released to mark the 100 episodes of ‘Mann Ki Baat’
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah has launched Rs.100 coin and a postage stamp to mark the 100 performances of ‘Mann Ki Baat’.The coin will be different from other coins in circulation, according to a statement issued by the Finance Ministry.
- It is made of four metals and has a diameter of 44 mm and 200 uniform rows. The other face of the coin has the logo for the 100th episode of Mann Ki Baat.
Team Shunya took second place in the “Solar Decathlon” build competition
- IIT Bombay’s Shunya team finished second in the “Solar Decathlon” build competition held in the US. It is notable that their innovative “zero-energy house” is designed to meet the air quality challenges of Mumbai’s hot and humid climate. This project is known as a pioneering project.
- SHUNYA is a student-run technology group from IIT Bombay working to create a sustainable future. Among the 32 teams from around the world, this is the only team representing India in this tournament.
United Arab Emirates and Cambodia have signed a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement
- The agreement is expected to be a catalyst for greater economic connectivity between ASEAN, India and the Arab world.
- The CEPA Agreement will act as a catalyst for increasing and diversifying bilateral trade and aims to substantially eliminate tariffs, reduce non-tariff trade barriers and promote trade in goods, services and investment.
Argentina decides to trade in Chinese yuan instead of US dollar
- Argentina will pay for Chinese imports in yuan, the Chinese currency, instead of US dollars, the country’s economy minister Sergio Massa has said.
- This is a move aimed at getting rid of dwindling dollar reserves in the country. The government said the decision was taken to limit the effects of financial crisis and inflation of more than 100 percent year-on-year.
A state in the United States has declared Diwali as an official holiday
- The state of Pennsylvania in the United States has declared Diwali as its official holiday. “Thousands of Pennsylvanians celebrate Diwali each year, including many residents of the 34th Senatorial District.”
- “Recognizing Diwali as an official government holiday upholds and celebrates the rich cultural diversity of our Commonwealth.” The senator’s statement is significant.
India-Korea bilateral trade to grow 17% to record $27.8 billion in 2022
- According to the Korea Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), bilateral trade between India and Korea is projected to grow by 17.3 percent to $27.8 billion in 2022.
- Korea’s exports to India increased by 21 percent to $18.9 billion, while imports increased by 10.5 percent to $8.9 billion, thereby increasing the trade relationship between the two countries.
Science and Technology
NASA has extracted oxygen from lunar soil for the first time
- NASA’s Carbothermal Reduction Demonstration (CaRD) researchers used a high-powered laser to simulate heat from a solar energy concentrator and melt simulated lunar soil inside a carbothermal reactor developed by Sierra Space Corporation to ensure that it contained oxygen.
- Notably, carbothermal reduction has been used on Earth for decades to produce products such as solar panels, carbon monoxide, or dioxide.
The soccer player’s nickname has been added to Brazil’s Dictionary
- Football player Pele’s name is included in the Brazilian dictionary.”The name Pele” means unique, incomparable.
- His real name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento. Pele was the nickname given to him by the people.
Autism Super Mom’s Day
- Autism Super Mom Day is observed on April 27.
- It is celebrated to honor and appreciate the mothers of children with autism and their efforts and hard work to take care of the special children in their lives.