Daily Current Affairs 27th April 2023
India ranks 4th in military expenditure
- According to Stockholm International Peace Research Centre, India ranks 4th in military expenditure.
- It is noteworthy that Russia overtook India, which was ranked 3rd, last year. The United States continues to maintain its first position.
The 4th India-Mozambique Joint Security Meeting was held in New Delhi
- The 4th India-Mozambique Joint Defense Meeting was held in New Delhi on April 25. The meeting discussed cooperation between the two countries in the areas of military training, education, medicine and defense production.
- Mozambique thanked India for its support in improving the capacity and mobility of its forces to counter security threats including terrorism.
Global Education and Training Expo opened at India Arena, Dubai
- The ‘STUDY IN INDIA PAVILLION’ at the Global Education and Training Exhibition (GETEX) in Dubai was inaugurated by Dr. Aman Puri, Ambassador of India in Dubai.
- The India arena of GETEX 2023, organized by the Services Export Development Council with support from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, will be held from April 26-28, 2023 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Ashok Roy Training Simulator – Department of Posts Publication
- The Ashok Roy Training Simulator Complex is a state-of-the-art simulator for training pilots and ground crew of the B81 fighter jet.
- A special envelope was released by the Department of Posts to commemorate the inauguration of the Ashok Roy Training Simulator Complex at INS Rajali, Arakkonam. Chennai Nagar Zone under Tamil Nadu Sargam released it on April 25.
Uttarakhand’s Mana Region – ‘First Indian Village’
- The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand declared “Mana” in Samoli district of Uttarakhand state as India’s first city.
- The border with China is located 24 km from this area and it is worth noting that this area was called “the last part of India” in the past
Chief Minister Stalin inaugurated 84 modern rice storage platforms in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister Stalin inaugurated 84 modern rice storage platforms built at a cost of Rs 93 crore on behalf of Consumer Goods Trading Corporation in Tamil Nadu.
- In Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Mayiladuthurai, Trichy, Ariyalur, Pudukottai, Madurai, Sivagangai, Tiruvallur districts 84 modern paddy storage facilities with roof structure have been constructed. Also a taluk process warehouse has been constructed at Pudukkadu village, Kodaikanal taluk, Dindigul district.
Tamil Nadu tops the list with 13,629 lakes in India
- A survey of water bodies has been taken for the first time in the country. Jal Shakti Department has released the information that Tamil Nadu is the first with 13,629 lakes.
- Tamil Nadu has the highest number of lakes, West Bengal has the highest number of ponds and reservoirs, Andhra Pradesh has the highest number of tanks and Maharashtra has the highest number of water conservation projects.
Science and Technology
First case of monkeypox was reported in Pakistan
- Pakistan’s Ministry of National Health has reported its first case of “monkeypox”.
- It may be recalled that the WHO referred to the disease as “racist and stigmatizing language”.
Reference : The virus was first discovered in 1958.
“Shelly Oberoi” has been elected as the Mayor of Delhi
- AAP’s “Shelley Oberoi” has been elected as the Mayor of Delhi in the elections held for the posts of Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Delhi Corporation.(MCD)
- Shelly Oberoi was elected as the mayor as BJP’s mayoral candidate “Shika Roy” withdrew his candidature.
Former Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal passed away
- 95-year-old former Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal passed away due to ill health.
- It is to be noted that he has served as Chief Minister 5 times and Leader of Opposition 3 times.
World Intellectual Property Day
- World Intellectual Property Rights Day is observed every year on 26th April.” The event was started by the Intellectual Property Rights Organization in 2001 to raise awareness about the role of intellectual property rights in people’s daily lives.
- Theme – “Women and IP: Accelerating Innovation and Creativity”