Daily Current Affairs 26th July 2023
India and Argentina have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding to promote the biotechnology Sector.
- Argentina and India have signed a memorandum of understanding on July 25th 2023 to promote bilateral cooperation of entrepreneurs and startups in the agricultural sector and biotechnology.
- India is Argentina’s 4th largest trading partner and bilateral trade is USD 6.4 billion by 2022.
Prime Minister Modi is scheduled to inaugurate Gujarat’s first greenfield airport on July 27.
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate Gujarat’s first greenfield airport on July 27 at Hirasar near Rajkot.
- 1,405 crore built on an area of 1500 acres, the airport has been renamed as “Rajkot International Airport” and the foundation stone of the airport was laid in 2017.
- The project is designed to increase the growth of the air connectivity industry to the international market and create new job opportunities especially in the region.
Government of Karnataka has entered into MoU with World Design Institute for development of satellite cities.
- The Bengaluru civic body and the Karnataka government on July 24 entered into an MoU with the World Design Institute to develop the regional areas under the jurisdiction of Bengaluru Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (BMRDA) and give the capital a world-class new look.
- Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister Sivakumar said that after the success of the program in Bengaluru, the government is considering implementing its recommendations in other parts of Karnataka.
Justice Devendra Kumar Upadhyaya has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court.
- Justice Devendra Kumar Upadhya has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court, according to a notification issued by the Central Government on July 25.
- It is notable that Justice Nitin Jamdar, one of the senior judges of the Bombay High Court, has served as the Acting Chief Justice since the retirement of Chief Justice R D Dhanuka in May after serving for three days. Upadhya has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of Bombay High Court.
Justice Dhiraj Singh Tagore has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- In a notification dated July 25, 2023, the Central Government has approved the order appointing Justice Dhiraj Singh Thakur as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- It is notable that he has been appointed to this post after Justice Akula Venkata Sesha Sai, who is currently the Acting Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High Court.
Brand Story has named “Amadeus Labs” as the most inspiring organization in Asia.
- “Amadeus Labs” in technology for more than 35 years has been awarded Asia’s Most Inspirational Organization by Brand Story Company.
- Amadeus Labs is the world’s second largest and state-of-the-art engineering facility based in Bengaluru. It is said that this award has been given for its serious expressions through its concerted efforts.
Karman Kaur wins her second ITF W60 title.
- India’s Karman Kaur Thandi has won the “Second W60 ITF” title of her career by winning the Evansville tournament in USA in July 2023.
- Karman set the record with a 7-5 4-6 6-1 victory in the ITF Women’s World Tour USD 60,000 final on 24 July. With this win, Karman became the “Only Indian woman” to win a pro title in the US after Indian player Sania Mirza.
World Embryologist Day 2023
- World Embryologist Day is observed every year on 25th July to spread awareness about embryologists and in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to the general public around the world.
- Embryologists are medical professionals who study the ovaries and embryology. This day is also known as World IVF Day. There is no specific theme for this day.