Daily Current Affairs 25th July 2023
The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has set up the JJM Digital System.
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Eco India to establish the “JJM Digital” system during a national conference held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on July 21. Accordingly, this system is currently set up.
- The Portal of JJM Digital was inaugurated in the presence of Union Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat. The organization is designed with the aim of imparting to the needy the knowledge and skills required to contribute effectively to the achievement of the objectives of the Central Government.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been entered into between India and Bangladesh for the improvement and modernization of the Joydebpur railway service.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between India and Bangladesh on July 23 for installing computer-based interlock signaling systems and upgrading the existing system for the Dhaka-Tongi-Joydebpur railway line at Rail Baban Nagar in Dhaka.
- The agreement was signed in the presence of Bangladesh Railway Minister MD Nurul Islam. The deal is aimed at decongesting the country’s rail service and further improving the efficiency of the Dhaka-Tonghi-Joydebpur section, one of Bangladesh’s busiest railway lines.
The Third and final meeting of the G20 Working Group on Disaster Reduction has begun in Chennai.
- The 3rd and final G20 Working Group on Disaster Risk Reduction Summit under the leadership of India began in Chennai on July 24.
- It is noteworthy that Mrs. Mami Mizutori, the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General for Disaster Risk Reduction, is participating in this conference. The conference aims to urgently develop resources and capacities for prevention and risk reduction by generating dividends in avoided disasters and investments in resilience.
A Memorandum of Understanding has been entered into between Tata Technologies and Chhattisgarh State Government for the development of industrial training institutes.
- The Chhattisgarh state government on July 22 signed an MoU with Tata Technologies worth Rs 1,188.36 crore to convert 36 state-run technology institutes into “Industry 4.0” state-of-the-art technology hubs.
- Tata Technologies and all its subsidiaries will provide employment opportunities to the talented youth of the state of Chhattisgarh through this agreement with the aim of providing advanced skills training, creating and nurturing employment opportunities for 10,000 youth annually.
Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated the grand event “Semicon India 2023” in Gujarat.
- Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate the grand conference “Semicon India 2023” on July 28, 2023 in Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat.
- Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will inaugurate the special exhibition on July 25. The Chief Minister said that the latest state-of-the-art technology related to semiconductors will be displayed in this national level conference program and students from engineering and other fields can learn about semiconductor manufacturing in this exhibition.
Gujarat State Government has released its new “Semiconductor Policy (2022-2027)”.
- Gujarat State Government released Semiconductor Policy (2022-2027) on July 23 2023. It is significant that this policy has been introduced with the aim of fostering accelerated and inclusive growth in the domestic semiconductor chip manufacturing sector.
- With this release, Gujarat has become the first state in India to introduce a semiconductor policy to fulfill the central government’s vision of “Aatmanirbhar India” in the semiconductor sector.
The 5th Helicopter and Small and Light Aircraft Summit is scheduled to be held in Madhya Pradesh.
- The 5th Helicopter and Small and Light Aircraft Summit is scheduled to be held on 25th July 2023 in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh. This grand conference is jointly organized by the Government of Madhya Pradesh, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and Pawan Hans Limited.
- The conference was organized to discuss the main objective of the Udan project aimed at development in hilly and remote terrains. “Achieving the Last Mile: Regional Connectivity through Helicopters and Small Aircraft” is the theme of the conference.
They will win the special parliamentary elections but there is a situation of a hung parliament.
- Spain’s conservative People’s Party (PP) won the Central election on July 23, but lacked a majority, making a hung parliament possible.
- This means that the coalition is short of an absolute majority of 176 seats.
- Hung Parliament – A coalition or party unable to win one seat above the 50% mark or (2/543+1) 272 seats to form a government in the total Lok Sabha of 543 leads to a hung parliament.
Sunita Agarwal appointed as the New Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court.
- Justice Sunita Agarwal took charge as the New and 29th Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court on July 23.
- With this appointment, she became the second woman Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court. It is notable that earlier Justice Sonia served as Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court for a few days till her retirement on February 25, 2023 and then Justice AJ Desai as “Acting CJ”.
Justice Alok sworn in as Chief Justice of Telangana High Court.
- Justice Alok Aradhe was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court at a function held on the morning of July 23 at the Raj Bhavan in Hyderabad.
- Telangana Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan has administered the oath of office to the current new Chief Justice in the presence of Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao. It is also notable that he has previously worked as a judge in the High Courts of Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.
Renowned actor Dr. Mohan Agashe has been honored with the 35th Punyabhushan Award.
- Legendary actor and psychiatrist Dr. Mohan Agashe was conferred with the prestigious 35th Punyabhushan Award by the Punyabhushan (Tridal Pune) Foundation at Balgandharva Rang Mandir on July 23.
- It is notable that the Central Government honored him with the prestigious and prestigious “Sangeet Natak Akademi Award” in 1996. Established in 1989, Punyabhushan Trust is an organization that has been consistently presenting awards to the citizens of Pune every year to honor their talents.
Satwik-Chirag won the 2023 Korea Open Championship Title.
- India’s Satwiksa and Chirag won the men’s doubles title at the Korea Open Championship on July 23.
- In the final, India beat top-ranked Indonesians Muhamad Rian and Fajar Alfian in three games to win the title.
The Indian men’s trap team won the silver medal at the ISSF World Junior Championships.
- The Indian men’s team consisting of Shardul Vihaan, Bakhtyaruddin Malek and Arya Vansh won a silver medal at the ongoing ISSF World Junior Championships in Changwon, South Korea.
- This win marks India’s 15th medal in this championship series. It is notable that the Indian team has secured the second position with a score of 346 and the Italian team has won the gold with a score of 356.
Sumit Nagal has won the ATP Challenger title at the Tampere Open 2023 tennis championship.
- Sumit Nagal of India won the men’s singles title at the 2023 Tampere Open ATP Challenger Championship in Finland on July 23.
- This is the Indian tennis player’s fourth ATP Challenger Tour title. Notably, 25-year-old Sumit Nagal won his second ATP Challenger title of the year by defeating Dalibor Svrcina of Czech Republic 6-4, 7-5.
National Thermal Engineer Day 2023
- “National Thermal Engineers Day” is celebrated every year on 24th July to create awareness among the general public about the contribution of thermal engineers in the entire society of the country and their tremendous dedication towards electricity generation.
- “Sustainable Innovations for a Greener Tomorrow” is the theme of this year’s National Thermal Engineers Day.