Daily Current Affairs 24th February 2023
NTPC has topped the list of world’s top independent power producers and energy traders
- According to the S&P Global Commodity Insights Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings-2022, India’s largest power generating company NTPC Limited, has been ranked 1st in Independent Power Producers and Energy Traders.
- The main factors of ranking are asset worth, revenues, profits and return on investment.
CSC Academy signs MoU with NIELIT to Enhance Digital Literacy and skill development in India
- CSC Academy, a subsidiary of Common Service Centre e-Governance Services India Limited, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with NIELIT (National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology) to enhance digital literacy and skill development in India.
- The MoU aims to develop and implement initiatives that will promote digital literacy and create employment opportunities for the youth of India.
Best drivers and worst drivers in the world list was Published
Insurance company called ‘Compare the Market’ has published a list of countries with the best and worst drivers in the world, looking at drivers from 50 countries internationally.
According to the list of countries with the best drivers
- Japan in first place
- Netherlands at 2nd place,
- Norway is in 3rd place
- List of countries with worst drivers
- Thailand ranks first,
- Peru at 2nd place,
- Lebanon ranked 3rd
- India is ranked 4th place.
26th Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination meeting held in Beijing
- The 26th meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China Border Affairs (WMCC) was held in Beijing.
- The purpose of the meeting is to bring back normalcy in the bilateral relations between India and China, and also to restore peace along the Line of Actual Control.
- The WMCC was established in 2012 to provide a platform for consultations and coordination between India and China on border affairs.
The 11th World Tamil Research Conference will be held in Malaysia
- The 11th World Tamil Research Conference of the International Institute of Tamil Research (IATR) will be held in Malaysia from 21-23 July 2023.
- This conference will be held to help Tamil scholars and other language scholars from all over the world to know the excellence of the Tamil language and excellence in other languages.
- First World Tamil Research Conference was held in 1966.
Special bus for street children is introduced in Thane, Mumbai
- According to the initiative of the Women and Child Welfare department, a special bus for street children was introduced in Thane district.
- Thane district collector Ashok Shingare launched the bus, named as `Bal Snehi’, and Such buses will also be introduced in Pune, Nashik, Nagpur and Mumbai.
- Speciality of every bus, with capacity to accommodate 25 children at a time, will visit six places in the district and have a counsellor, teachers and a caretaker.
Tamil Nadu’s State Women’s Policy will be launched on March 8
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin will announce the special policy for women, which includes various aspects related to women’s development and security, on March 8, 2023.
- Reducing female dropout rates and creating at least one thousand female researchers every year will be the main goals of the Women’s Policy.
PM inaugurated the ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ cultural festival in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate ‘Barisu Kannada Dim Dimava’ cultural festival at Talkatora Stadium, Delhi on 25th February, 2023.
- Cultural festival is being organized to celebrate Karnataka’s culture, traditions and history and also this festival will provide an opportunity to hundreds of artists to showcase Karnataka cultural heritage through dance, music, drama, poetry etc.
31st edition of New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF)
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will inaugurate World Book Fair on 25th February, and this book fair will be held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi until March 5 2023.
- The theme for the 2023 book festival will be ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, in order to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence. The main aim of the book fair is to offer the exhibitors an opportunity for business with the growing book industry.
- The first New Delhi World Book Fair was held from March 18 to April 4, 1972.
New Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) was appointed
- According to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet, Rajeev Singh Raghuvanshi has-been appointed as the new Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- Rajeev Raghuvanshi, who is currently serving as the Secretary-cum-Scientific Director at Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission, has been given the DCGI charge for a three-year period ending on February 28, 2025.
Pankaj kumar has-been appointed as a new becomes director (Production) of ONGC
- The Central Government has appointed ONGC’s (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Director (Offshore) Pankaj Kumar has become the first-ever Director (Production) of the company.
- He also has more than 35 years of experience in the business operations of ONGC, he held this post from the date of his assumption of office till his retirement.
JP Nadda launched the book ‘Modi: Shaping a Global order in flux’
- BJP national president JP Nadda has launched a book named “Modi: Shaping a Global Order in Flux” in Chanakyapuri.
- This book describes that the initiatives taken by PM Modi have changed the image of our country and also how PM Modi has taken decisions that has changed the image of India across the world.
All-India Taekwondo Championship 2023 held in New Delhi
- Union minister Shri Anurag Singh Thakur inaugurates the 3 day All-India Taekwondo Championship at IG Stadium in New Delhi on 24th February, the event is held up to 26th February 2023.
- The event was conducted in order to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Korea-India diplomatic relations and to lay the foundation for the future as a major sports event between the two countries.
- Taekwondo (Tae Kwon Do) is a martial art that originated in Korea.
Alyssa Healy appointed as a captain of Uttar Pradesh Warriors in Women’s IPL
- First Women’s IPL series 2023 will start from 4th March to 26th 2023,Five teams namely Gujarat Giants, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Capitals and UP Warriors will participate in the tournament.
- Alyssa Healy, currently captain of the UP Warriors team, has played 139 T20Is for Australia, scoring 2,500 runs with a century and 14 fifties.
Central Excise Day 2023
- Central Excise Day is observed every year on 24th February to commemorate the Central Excise and Salt Act which was enacted on 24th February 1944.
- The purpose of celebrating the day is also to inform the people of the country about the importance of the Central Board of Excise and Customs, the day also encourages the officers to carry out their duties with utmost sincerity.
- The Central Excise Department plays an important role in the industrial development of the country.