Daily Current Affairs 22nd April 2023
CSIR and OIL Umbrella Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and Oil India Limited signed an umbrella Memorandum of Understanding to pursue technology partnership.
- The umbrella MoU forms a formal framework for collaboration between OIL and CSIR laboratories. It also aims to facilitate collaboration to pursue research into advanced technologies for energy conservation.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Global Buddhist Summit
- The first Global Buddhist Summit will be held in New Delhi on April 20-21. The conference is organized by the Ministry of Culture in association with the International Buddhist Federation. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The theme of the Global Buddhist Summit : “Responses to Contemporary Challenges: Philosophy to Praxis”.
West Bengal has the highest number of water bodies in India
- According to the first census of water bodies released by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, West Bengal has the highest number of water bodies in India at 7,47,480. Following this Uttar Pradesh (2,45,087) has second place.
- Also Andhra Pradesh (1,90,777), Odisha (1,81,837), Assam (1,72,492), Jharkhand (1,07,598) and Tamil Nadu (1,06,957), Sikkim has 134 water bodies.
Arun Singh was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the National Archives of India
- Union Fertilizers Department Secretary Arun Singhal has been appointed as the Director General of the National Archives of India.
- The appointment is part of a high-profile bureaucratic reshuffle undertaken by the Centre. Singhal is a 1987 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
MP: Receives Prime Minister’s Award for Burhanpur Piped Water Project
- Burhanpur/Bhopal has been selected for the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration for ensuring provision of piped water to every household under the ‘HarKarJalYojana’ scheme in the district in Madhya Pradesh.
- The award will be presented at the National Civil Service Day function to be held on April 21 in Delhi.
Wing Commander Deepika Mishra is the first woman IAF officer to receive the Gallantry award
- Wing Commander Deepika Mishra has become the first woman Air Force officer to be awarded the Viral Medal. Wing Commander Deepika Mishra received the medal from Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhary, Chief of the Indian Air Force, at an investiture ceremony in New Delhi on April 20.
- Wing Commander Deepika Mishra received the award for her humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations during the flash floods in northern Madhya Pradesh in August 2021. Notably, he received the Vayu Seva Medal for Gallantry from the President on Independence Day last year.
JK’s Mission Youth and Cadaver Transplant Program in Gujarat won the Prime Minister’s Award
- Mission Youth, which aims to transform the lives of youth in Jammu and Kashmir, and a cadaver transplant program in Gujarat won the Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration.
- Apart from this, National Covid-19 Vaccine Program and PM Kathi Shakti National Master Program were also selected for the award.
World Earth Day
- Since 1970, World Earth Day has been observed on April 22 every year to emphasize the importance of the environment. On this day various awareness is created among the people about not polluting the natural environment of the earth.
- The theme of Earth Day 2023 is “Invest In Our Planet”.