Daily Current Affairs 21st April 2023
Cabinet approves Rs 6,000 crore National Quantum Mission
- The Union Cabinet has approved the ‘National Quantum Mission’ (NQM) project to promote quantum technology and research related to it.
- In this case, Rs.6,000 crore has been allocated for this project. The United States, Australia, Finland, France, and China are developing and working on their own plans for quantum technology, after which India has joined the list.
EU-India Aviation Summit kicks off in New Delhi
- The two-day EU-India Aviation Summit began in New Delhi. During this conference Airports Authority of India signed an agreement with Eurocontrol and another agreement was signed with European Union Aviation Safety through DGCA for cooperation.
- The summit will cover EU-India aviation relations and post-Covid recovery of aviation, increasing sustainability, maintaining safety and development of unmanned aircraft systems.
UK Inflation Fell Less Than Expected to 10.1% in March
- The Office for National Statistics reported that Britain’s consumer price inflation (CPI) fell to 10.1% from 10.4% in February.
- Prices for food and non-alcoholic beverages rose 19.1% in March, the largest increase since August 1977. Inflation hit a 41-year low of 11.1% in October.
Assam Government Announces Rs 15,000 Pension to Prisoners During Emergency
- A monthly pension of Rs 15,000 was announced in Guwahati, Assam under the leadership of state Chief Minister Himanta Viswa Sharma.
- And the state government considers them as democracy fighters. In recognition of their contribution to democracy, it has approved pension. Accordingly, 301 people who were imprisoned during the Emergency in Assam will be given Rs.15,000 per month.
Assam and Arunachal Pradesh have signed an MoU on the border issue
- In the presence of Union Home Minister Amit Shah, the governments of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to resolve the border disputes between the states.
- State Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma presided over the meeting. This comes after the Assam cabinet approved the recommendations of the committees set up to resolve the border issue during a meeting.
Haryana Chief Minister ‘Tau Se Pucho’ launched Chatbot Divyang Pension Scheme
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced ‘Tau Se Pucho’ WhatsApp Chatbot Divyang Pro-Active Pension Service and online room booking facility in PWD retirement homes.
- This pension service will allow more than 60% disabled people to receive pension benefits from their homes. Citizens can avail government services using chatbot.
Discovery of a 9th century cuneiform inscription
- A ninth-century cuneiform inscription has been found at Tiruppachetty North Kanmai in Sivagangai district. They have already found leather goods such as a well and inscriptions.
- The inscriptions in this inscription refer to the donation of land to the temple. And it belongs to 9th century.
National Civil Services Day
- Every year 21st April is celebrated as National Civil Service Day. The day is observed to appreciate the efforts of all officers involved in various public sectors and doing their best to run the administration in India.
- Theme of National Civil Services Day 2023: “Viksit Bharat”