Daily Current Affairs 16th April 2023
Chief Minister Chandrasekhara Rao inaugurated the 125 feet statue of Ambedkar in Hyderabad
- Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhara Rao inaugurated a 125-feet tall statue of Dr. Ambedkar, the founder of the Indian Constitution, on his 132nd birth anniversary.
- The tallest bronze statue in the country has been installed on the banks of Hyderabad’s famous Hussain Sagar Lake. Built at a cost of Rs 146.50 crore, the statue has been made using 360 tonnes of stainless steel and 114 tonnes of bronze.
GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON COMPRESSED BIOGAS-CBG:
- GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON COMPRESSED BIOGAS-CBG 2023 will be held on 17th and 18th April 2023 at Silver Oak, Indian Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- IFGE- CBG Producers Forum is organizing a two-day global conference on compressed biogas under the theme “Towards a Strong CBG Foundation and Progressive Policy Framework for Development” supported by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
KT Rama Rao inaugurated the Dye Waste Treatment Plant at Jawaharnagar, Telangana.
- Telangana Minister KT Rama Rao inaugurated a 2000 kilo liter per day leachate treatment plant at the Jawaharnagar landfill. The Jawaharnagar landfill is contaminated with sewage from dye waste or liquid waste.
- Minister KT Rama Rao said the plant and other series of activities represent a significant investment in environmental sustainability.
Bihar Universities to introduce 4-year undergraduate courses.
- All state universities in Bihar will introduce four-year undergraduate degree programs under examination-based system (CBCS) from the 2023-27 academic session, the Raj Bhavan said.
- The Raj Bhavan has said that in the first year of introduction of this system, the universities will have a centralized admission process from the next session when they will start their own admissions.
Bengaluru to set up India’s first 3D printed post office
- Bengaluru will soon have the country’s first 3D-printed post office built using a robotic 3D printer.
- The post office will be constructed at a cost of ₹23 lakhs, the state ministry said.
12th Session of India-Spain Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation held in New Delhi
- Commerce Secretary, Shri Sunil Barthwal and Spain’s Secretary of State for Commerce Ms. Ciana Mendes chaired the 12th session of the India-Spain Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) in New Delhi.
- Both sides agreed to further cooperation in renewable energy, shipping, ports, tourism, infrastructure, food processing, pharmaceuticals, technology, innovation and defense.
FASTag payment systems have been implemented at forest entry points
- To facilitate a smooth and efficient entry process for vehicles entering the forest, the Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nagarjunasagar-Sreesailam Tiger Reserve, engaged by NHAI to carry out electronic tolling.
- Across the states of Andhra and Telangana, the initiative aims to provide a FASTag-based toll system at forest entry points and extend the benefit of collecting Eco-Management Integration (EMC) toll through FASTag at various entry points of tiger reserves.
Best Transgender Award 2023
- Since 2021, Tamil Nadu Government has been awarding the Best Transgender Award to a transgender woman who has served the transgender community in an outstanding manner and who has set an example for them.
- Following this, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin presented the Best Transgender Award for the year 2023 to Aishwarya, a transgender from Vellore, who has been creating awareness through her rural and theatrical art.
200 antiquities have been found in Vembakottai phase 2 excavation.
- The 2nd phase of excavation work was started on the 6th at an estimated cost of Rs.30 lakh in Vembakottai near Chatur in Virudhunagar district in an area of about 3 acres.
- 200 rare objects used in ancient times have been found in this excavation. Also 200 items like flint smoker, stone weight stones, copper coins, glass beads, flint earring, iron objects have been found.
Save the Elephant Day
- Save the Elephant Day is celebrated every year on 16th April to raise awareness about the dangers faced by elephants and the various hardships they face to survive.
- The day was initiated by the Elephant Reintroduction Foundation in Thailand.