Problems on Trains
1. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
2. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
3. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
4. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
A)1 : 3
B)3 : 2
C)3 : 4
D)None of these
5. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
D)None of these
6. A train 240 m long passes a pole in 24 seconds. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
7. Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 seconds. The length of each train is:
8. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
9. Two trains are moving in opposite directions @ 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is:
10. A jogger running at 9 kmph alongside a railway track in 240 metres ahead of the engine of a 120 metres long train running at 45 kmph in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
1) D.150 metres
2) B.50 km/hr
3) C.245 m
4) C.245 m
5) B.240 m
6) B.89 sec
7) A.50 m
8) A.40 sec
10) C.36 sec