Daily Current Affairs 9th June 2023
The Union Cabinet has approved a plan to build a new metro line between “Huda City Center and Cyber City” in Gurugram.
- The Union Cabinet has approved a plan to “Extend the metro link to Dwarka Expressway” which is currently under construction and open for seamless travel from Huda City Center in Gurugram to Cyber City.
- The project will be fully developed and set up at a cost of around Rs.5452 crores. It is notable that this metro line is 28.5 km long.
The Union Cabinet has approved a development package worth Rs 89,000 crore to upgrade BSNL.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the third revitalization and development plan worth Rs 89,470 crore to enhance 4G and 5G spectrum allocation capacity through equity infusion of BSNL.
- With this spectrum allocation, BSNL will be able to provide 4G and 5G services across India and thereby provide 4G services in rural and remote villages.
META International and the Ministry of Women and Child Development have jointly launched the “Amrit Generation” initiative.
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development (MWCD) Smriti Irani launched the initiative campaign “Amrit Generation” on June 07 in collaboration with META International.
- The Minister said that the aim of the initiative is to develop the imagination of the youth between 14 to 18 years of age to express their passion and dreams for the future.
Introducing “Nyaya Vikas Portal”.
- ISRO has launched a web facility called “Niya Vikas” for better submission of legislative drafts for Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) of Judiciary, Judicial Infrastructure and Judicial Infrastructure Projects with technical assistance from NRSC.
- Its Portal is https://bhuvan-nyayavikas.nrsc.gov.in. The portal is said to bring transparent service to users.
The Union Cabinet has approved a review of the coal scheme.
- On June 07, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), chaired by Prime Minister Modi, approved the continuation of the Central Departmental Program for “Exploration of Lignite and Coal” at a cost of Rs 2980 crore from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- It is to be noted that under this scheme, exploration for lignite and coals is conducted at two broad stages namely (i) promotional (regional) exploration and (ii) comprehensive exploration in non-Coal India Corporation blocks.
Two financing agreements have been signed between Bangladesh and the World Bank to promote “Agricultural development and Road safety”.
- Bangladesh and the World Bank (IMF) on June 07 signed “US$858 million” financing agreements to improve Climate, Agricultural development, Food security and Road safety”.
- The government of Bangladesh said the financial development agreements include a USD 500 million Program for Nutrition, Entrepreneurship and Agricultural Development, a USD 500 million Program for Rural Transformation (PARTNER) and a USD 358 million Road Safety Program to improve the country’s road safety.
Plan to hold a two-day summit of the “G20 Labor Engagement Group” at Patna.
- A two-day summit of the “G20 Group on Labor Engagement” is scheduled to take place on June 22 and 23 in Patna, Bihar. The theme of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’ will be discussed at the conference.
- The Bihar state administration has announced that around 250 delegates from G-20 member states and other countries will participate in this summit and the state department of culture, arts and youth has been made the coordinating body for organizing the conference.
Science and Technology
India’s star missile “Agni Prime” successfully test-fired.
- The new generation ballistic missile Agni Prime was successfully flight test conducted by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) on the evening of June 07 at Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha.
- This missile is one of India’s star missiles (Most Capable). It is a ballistic missile capable of operating with a dual navigation and guidance system. It is significant that this is the sixth missile in the Agni missile series.
Tata Elxsi has teamed up with ISRO to develop “crew recovery models” for the Gaganyaan project.
- Tata Elxsi has partnered with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) for “Crew Safe Recovery Service” for Kaganyan project. It has designed and developed crew system protection equipment (CMRM) for “recovery crew training” during spaceflight.
- ISRO’s Gaganyaan project will launch a crew into a 400-km orbit for a three-day mission, and then land in the Indian Ocean waters after the mission is completed, the agency said, creating a system to ensure the safety of the public.
India’s premier English news anchor Gitanjali Aiyar passed away.
- Gitanjali Aiyar (age-71), broadcaster of national Doordarshan and “one of India’s first English-language female news anchors”, passed away on June 07 due to ill health.
- Notable, she has won the “Best Anchor” award four times and the “Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini” Award for Best Women in 1989.
World Brain Tumor Day 2023
- World Brain Tumor Day is observed annually on June 8 to “create awareness among individuals about brain tumor, one of the most dangerous diseases in the world”. An abnormal growth that forms around the brain is called a brain tumor.
- “Protect Yourself, Avoid Stress” is the theme for this year.