Daily Current Affairs 7th March 2023
Indo-France joint military exercise FRINJEX-2023
- The first joint military exercise FRINJEX-23 between the Indian Army and the French Army will be held on March 07 and 08 at Pangodu Military Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- It was the first time that the two forces had engaged in this format, with each group comprising a company group each from Indian Army troops from Thiruvananthapuram and the French 6th Light Armored Corps.
23rd Commonwealth Law Conference
- The 23rd Commonwealth Law Conference was inaugurated by Goa Governor PS Sreedharan Pilla.
- Union Law and Justice Minister Kiran Rijiju and Goa Chief Minister Dr. Pramod Sawant along with 500 delegates from 52 countries will attend the five-day Commonwealth Law Conference from March 5-9, 2023.
Historic treaty signed to protect oceans
- The UN member countries have made an agreement to protect the world’s oceans and its biodiversity. At the end of the relevant talks held in New York, 200 member countries, including India, have signed this agreement.
- According to the agreement, 30 percent of the oceans will be protected by 2030. Activities such as fishing, shipping, and deep-sea mining will be prohibited in those areas.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister inaugurated the Keezadi Museum.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated the Keezadi Museum, which has been constructed at a cost of Rs. 18.43 crores in an area of 31,000 square feet on two acres of land, for the public to see the archeological artifacts found in the Geezadi excavations in Sivagangai district.
- In this museum, the artefacts found in the excavations are displayed in a three-dimensional form for the public to enjoy.
Appointment of Permanent Judge to Delhi High Court
- Justice Amit Sharma was sworn in as a permanent judge of the Delhi High Court today after the central government announced his appointment on Mar 3, 2023.
- Currently, the High Court has 45 judges, including 10 women judges.
Five Judges have been appointed as permanent judges of the Madras High Court
- Madras High Court Additional Judges S. Srimathy, D. Bharatha Chakravarty, R. Vijayakumar, Mohammad Shaffiq, J. Satya Narayana Prasad have been appointed permanent judges.
- Subsequently, the 5 additional judges of the Madras High Court took oath as permanent judges.
11.93 percent growth in NTPC production in FY23
- NTPC Ltd has reported 11.92% growth in generation for the fiscal year to February 2023, at 364.2 business units, compared with the country’s generation growth of 9.56%.
- NTPC’s captive coal production stood at 2.6 million metric tonnes (MMT), while dispatch stood at 2.5 MMT, thereby registering a strong growth of 80% and 87% over the previous year in February. On a cumulative basis, coal production in FY2023 has crossed 20 MMT.
Mexican Open Tennis Tournament
- Australian Alex de Minaur won the men’s singles title at the Mexican Open tennis tournament.
- In the match held in Acapulco, Mexico, Alex de Minar won the match between Australian player Alex de Minar and American player Tommy Ball and won the title of champion.
Anupama Ramachandran wins Women’s Snooker World Cup
- Women’s Snooker World Cup is being held in Bangkok, Thailand. Tamilnadu player Anupama, who is participating for the Indian team, won the gold by defeating the England team along with Madhya Pradesh player Ame Kamini in the team competition held two days ago.
- Meanwhile, in the women’s under-21 singles final, Anupama won the gold again in the match between Thailand’s Ploysomboo Lokiabang and became the champion.
National Pharmacy Education Day
- Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) has declared March 6 as National Pharmacy Education Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of Professor Mahadev Lal Shroff.
- On this occasion, Union Minister of State (HFW) Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar launched Pharma Anveshan-23 (Pharma Anveshan-23) at Vigyan Bhawan and the Pharmacy Council of India’s ‘One Stop-Non Stop’ digital job portal.