Daily Current Affairs 6th April 2023
Union government buys new spy software
- Union government has bought new software to spy on opposition parties and journalists. This new spy software has also been bought from ISRO which has already bought Pegasus spy software.
- The Cognite software, acquired by the Indian Ministry of Defence, will be a spy
Ministry of I&B and Amazon India signed a collaboration agreement.
- India’s Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and Amazon India have signed a partnership agreement in New Delhi to promote India’s creative economy and develop creative skills in the country.
- Minister Anurag Singh Thakur said that Digital India has increased access to the internet smartphones and smart TVs that are driving new types of growth such as OTT platforms and will play an important role in creating employment opportunities for Indian youth.
Second G-20 Empower Two day Meet of the Ministry of WCD begins April 5, 2023
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development’s second G20 EMPOWER (Empowerment and Advancement of Economic Representation of Women) meeting began today in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- The theme of the conference was “Women’s Empowerment: A Win-Win for Equity and Economy”.”G20 aims to advance EMPOWER 2023—India’s women-led development agenda”.
Christina Koch is set to become the female astronaut to fly to the Moon
- American astronaut Christina Koch has been selected by NASA as part of the Artemis II lunar mission.
- She will also be part of the first crew of astronauts to orbit the Moon in more than 50 years, along with Victor Glover, Reed Wiseman and Jeremy Hansen.
Finland has officially joined NATO as the 31st member
- Finland’s President Sauli Niinisto has announced that his country will become an official member of NATO, making Finland the 31st member of the NATO alliance.
- It is noteworthy that the Republic of North Macedonia is the 30th country to join NATO.
City Conservation Schemes
- It is the responsibility of the respective states to maintain law and order and protect the lives and property of the people. However, the central government is taking various measures for the safety of women. Under the Nirbhaya Nidhi scheme, the Ministry of Home Affairs has approved city security projects.
- These schemes are implemented in 8 cities namely Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
- An economic census is an absolute count of all non-farm economic enterprises located within the geographical boundaries of the country. A total of 5,84,95,359 economic entities have been listed in the country as per the results of the 6th Economic Census.
- Union Minister of State for Statistics and Plan Implementation, Ministry of Planning and Ministry of Corporate Affairs Shri Rao Inderjit Singh disclosed this information in the Lok Sabha.
India’s economic growth is 6.3% World Bank forecast
- The World Bank said in its report that private consumption will slow due to rising debt burdens and slower growth in incomes. And government consumption will be less as the financial resources provided for Corona have been withdrawn. This is said to be the reason for low economic growth.
- Following this, the World Bank predicts that the current account deficit will decrease from 3 percent to 2.1 percent and inflation from 6.6 percent to 5.2 percent.
Kim Cotton has become the first female umpire in a men’s international cricket match
- New Zealand player Kim Cotton has made history by becoming the first female referee to referee an international match between two men’s teams.
- She umpired in the second T20 innings between New Zealand and Sri Lanka in Dunedin,New Zealand
International Day of Sports for Development and Peace
- The International Day of Sport (IDSDB) is celebrated annually on 6 April to recognize the role of physical activity and sport in the lives of people around the world.
- Theme: The theme for this year is “Score for People and Planet”.