Daily Current Affairs 4th February 2023
Cooperation ministry signs MoU to enable primary agricultural credit societies
- In order to enable Primary Agricultural Credit Societies (PACS) and provide services offered by Common Service Centers, CSCs, the MoU was signed between the Ministry of Cooperation, the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, NABARD and CSC e-Governance Services India Limited in New Delhi.
- From this MoU Primary Agricultural Credit Societies are the soul of cooperatives and make them multipurpose as providers and this will increase employment opportunities in rural areas.
VIHANGAM Drone Technology was introduced by Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd
- Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), the premier Central Public Sector Enterprises under the Ministry of Coal has introduced drone technology in coal mines by launching a web- based portal VIHANGAM along with a drone and ground control system.
- MCL is making use of drone technology for environmental monitoring, volume measurement and photogrammetric mapping of mine for digitalization of the mining process.
G-20’s Tourism Working Group Meeting held in Gujarat
- The first Tourism Working Group (TWG) Meeting will be held at Dhordo in Rann of Kutch in Gujarat from 7th to 9th of February, as part of the G-20.
- Meeting will focus on five priority areas including Green Tourism, Digitalization, Skills, Tourism MSMEs, and Destination Management.
Asia’s first floating festival held in Madhya Pradesh
- The first edition of the five-day floating festival was inaugurated by Usha Thakur, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Religious Trust and Endowments, Government of Madhya Pradesh,The festival will be held for five days until February 5,2023.
- The festival is being organized to offer a unique glamping and adventure activities experience to tourists visiting Mandsaur in MP. The first-of-its-kind floating festival will have land, air, and water-based adventure.
Youth 20 Summit inception meeting held in Assam
- Under the G20 Presidency, the Department of Youth Affairs has been entrusted with the responsibility to organize Youth 20 Summit-2023, and organize the Youth 20 Inception meeting from the 6th to 8th February, 2023 at Guwahati, Assam.
- The Youth20 (Y20) Engagement Group will organize discussions pan-India, to consult the youth of the nation on ideas for a better tomorrow and draft an agenda for action.
96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan begins in Maharashtra
- The 96th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan, the prestigious literary summit began in Wardha district of Maharashtra February 3, 2023.
- Sammelan consists of very famous and historic books to create the atmosphere of the literary summit. Many citizens and students participated in the Dindi with a lot of enthusiasm.
New Director (P&A) of Shipping Corporation of India was appointed
- Manjit Singh Saini becomes the next Director (P&A) of Shipping Corporation of India (SCI), a PSU under the Ministry of Shipping, now he is serving as General Manager in the same organization.
- Saini also will be responsible for maintaining smooth industrial relations, administration and development of human resources of the company.
Prashant Agrawal appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Laos
- The Ministry of External Affairs announced that Prashant Agrawal, currently serving as High Commissioner of India to Namibia has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Laos.
- Previously, he has served in India’s Missions in Paris, Port Louis and Bangkok where he served as Deputy Chief of Mission and India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to UNESCAP.
1000 years old statue lord Kunthunath found in Maharashtra
- An over 1,000-year-old stone statue of Lord Kunthunath was discovered during construction work on the premises of an existing Jain temple located at Sonune Galli of Aundha Nagnath, has been found in Maharashtra’s Hingoli district.
- A researcher said that the sculpture, carved out of a basalt stone, could be from the 12th-13th century and is of “refined” make.
Science and Technology
SpaceX successfully launched the 53 Starlink satellites in space
- A SpaceX successfully launched the 53 starlink satellite on milestone 200th Falcon 9 rocket flight lit up on 2nd February 2023, to low-Earth orbit from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center.
- Starlink satellites provide broadband internet in remote and rural locations. Weighing between 500 and 2,500 pounds, there are currently more than 3,500 such satellites in orbit.
Zareb International Wrestling Tournament 2023
- Zareb Open Ranking Wrestling Tournament-2023 is held in Croatia.
- In that match India’s Aman Sherawat won the bronze medal in the men’s 57 kg category by defeating Johnny Roy Rhodes Richards of the USA.
South Asian Women’s Football Tournament 2023
- The South Asian Under-20 Women’s Football Championship will be held in Bangladesh’s capital, Dhaka, from February 3 to 9, 2023.
- 4 countries namely Bangladesh, India, Bhutan and Nepal are participating in this tournament. India-Bhutan and Bangladesh-Nepal teams will face off in the league matches on the first day of the tournament.
Women’s T20 Final 2023
- The women’s 20 over cricket match was held in South Africa in which 3 countries South Africa, India and West Indies participated.
- The Final match was held between India and South Africa, in that match South Africa beat India by scoring 113 runs.
World Cancer Day 2023
- World Cancer Day has been observed every year on February 4th for the past 23 years (since 2000).
- The day is observed with the aim of spreading awareness and educating people about its detection, treatment, and prevention of cancer.
- Theme of this day is “Close the Care Gap” and it’s observed from 2022-2024.