Daily Current Affairs 4th April 2023
University of Houston, USA has signed an MoU with India.
- The University of Houston and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish an ICCR Chair for Indian Researchers to conduct research on Tamil language, literature and culture.
- A professor specializing in Tamil studies from India is expected to occupy this seat.
The G20 Science Summit on Clean Energy for a Greener Future begins in Tripura.
- A two-day science conference under the leadership of India’s G20 began at the Habania International Exhibition Grounds in Agartala, Tripura. Held as part of the G20 meetings, the conference is themed ‘Clean Energy for a Green Future’.
- Three sub-themes on green hydrogen will be discussed at the conference. Also discussed will be the use of vast amounts of energy through ocean-based technologies, tidal currents and new generation energy storage.
Eravikulam National Park has set up its first Fernarium.
- To increase awareness among visitors about the biodiversity of Eravikulam National Park, India’s first Fernarium has been set up inside the park.
- This is the first time such a Fernarium collection has been established in a hill region. Eravikulam National Park has 104 species of Fernarium. The Fernarium park will be open to public from April 20.
Neeraj Nigam has been appointed as the Executive Director of RBI
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Neeraj Nigam as Managing Director. Nigam currently headed the Regional Director of Reserve Bank of India’s Bhopal Regional Office.
- He will look after the Department of Consumer Education and Protection, Department of Financial Inclusion and Development, Department of Law and Department of Secretariat as Executive Director.
Petra Kvitova is the champion
- Petra Kvitova won her first Miami Open crown and ninth WTA 1000 title with a 7-6(14), 6-2 win over Elina Rybakina of Kazakhstan in women’s singles in Miami, USA.
- Powerful left-hander Petra raced to a 3-0 lead in the second game and broke a hard-working Rybakina on match point for the third time.
Max Verstappen wins Australian Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull) beat Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) to win the Australian Grand Prix Formula 1 Racing.
- It was Verstappen’s first victory in Melbourne and the Australian Red Bulls’ first win since Sebastian Vettel’s 2011 victory.
Cricket legend Salim Durrani passed away
- Salim Durrani was an active cricketer in the Indian cricket team in the 1960s. A monster sixer on demand, Salim Ghurani lived with his younger brother Jahangir Durrani in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- He fractured his femur in the fall and underwent surgery. He passed away on April 2nd.
World Autism Awareness Day
- Autism is a type of neurological disability. One in 68 children worldwide is affected by autism. This day is celebrated to create complete awareness about this vulnerability.
- World Autism Awareness Day 2023 theme is “Transforming the narrative: Contributions at home, at work, in the arts and in policymaking”